Showcase - September 10-16, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Matt-D , the common remix was dope..i liked that distortion fx sample..very cool. The Love in the sky vid was nice..i like that whole ambience sound very relaxing..the vocals was nice as well...
Here is something new...i want everybody to express your opinions

Nothing here yet.

Drago Zetić

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 104
@DEEZ BEATZ I think the strings should have a faster attack and the kick is a bit too loud, but it's good otherwise, I could picture someone singing over it.

@Matt-D You really overdid the bitcrushing on the 1999 remix. The kick is also really wild, maybe a bit too much. The radio distortion effects were neat, though.

Here's a little WIP track from my upcoming beat tape, all I know is that I'll have to tighten the main drum loop a bit:

@DEEZ BEATZ I think the strings should have a faster attack and the kick is a bit too loud, but it's good otherwise, I could picture someone singing over it.

@Matt-D You really overdid the bitcrushing on the 1999 remix. The kick is also really wild, maybe a bit too much. The radio distortion effects were neat, though.

Here's a little WIP track from my upcoming beat tape, all I know is that I'll have to tighten the main drum loop a bit:
@Drago Zetić , thanks for your feedback...your beat does need a bit tightening up..and there is a little too much effect on the snare..it is way out in front...but I like the concept a lot...but what do I know..lol

Last edited:

PartysaurusWrex

I'm just here to make music.
@Matt-D - I wasn't feeling the distorted fx too much but I was still able to grove to it! That piano play on the Love in the Sky was dope! I need to learn the piano asap!

@DEEZ BEATZ - When I hear this beat I picture in my head Luke Cage in a room just slaughtering lol VERY dope beat!

@Drago Zetić - I'm rolling one right now to smoke to your beat. This beat right here! This that uncut fresh dope!

I made this last night, super duper high and playing GTA 5 with the fellas.

@Matt-D - I wasn't feeling the distorted fx too much but I was still able to grove to it! That piano play on the Love in the Sky was dope! I need to learn the piano asap!

@DEEZ BEATZ - When I hear this beat I picture in my head Luke Cage in a room just slaughtering lol VERY dope beat!

@Drago Zetić - I'm rolling one right now to smoke to your beat. This beat right here! This that uncut fresh dope!

I made this last night, super duper high and playing GTA 5 with the fellas.
Now this is some cool ass super spy jaunt.. I'm digging this..just wish you could add more to it..like some keys or more strings or even some horns

.calm

@Matt-D : Dam.. That remix will iLL..:wtf: good ish:up2::up2:
Beautiful accompaniments! What key?

@DEEZ BEATZ : You did it again brother:up2::up2::up2: Raise the bass a bit and drop some highs. Add some backround hats to give motion after the first verse. Great work homie! got me switching my occupation from producer to flow architect:biggrin:

@Drago Zetić : Ouu.. :shock:.. the Vibes are strong with this one..

@PartysaurusWrex : Its cool for what it is.. add a few more sounds and try arpeggiating your current lead here and there. I mess with it tho. :up2::up2:

Great work all:up2:

i'll drop some noise in here within the hour;)

@Matt-D : Dam.. That remix will iLL..:wtf: good ish:up2::up2:
Beautiful accompaniments! What key?

@DEEZ BEATZ : You did it again brother:up2::up2::up2: Raise the bass a bit and drop some highs. Add some backround hats to give motion after the first verse. Great work homie! got me switching my occupation from producer to flow architect:biggrin:

@Drago Zetić : Ouu.. :shock:.. the Vibes are strong with this one..

@PartysaurusWrex : Its cool for what it is.. add a few more sounds and try arpeggiating your current lead here and there. I mess with it tho. :up2::up2:

Great work all:up2:

i'll drop some noise in here within the hour;)
@.calm , thanks for the feedback bruh..(flow architect) that's funny:biggrin:

Taron

Noone really
Battle Points: 2
@DEEZ BEATZ Mad fire as always, really like the mix on this one, Im not the biggest fan of that key instrument or whatever it is that makes up the main melody, but that's a completely personal taste thing. Very nice chill beat.

@Drago Zetić Again, very nicely mixed chill beat, maybe a little too chill for me, like there doesnt seem too be much energy in it, also would appreciate some bigger switchups in the drums here and there as it's pretty much the same thing from beginning untl the end.

@PartysaurusWrex Not a fan of this one tbh. I feel like some of the sounds (especially that synth/ride kinda thing that I don't know the name of) are just way too loud. I'm feeling the drums a lot tho, those are real tight.

@Matt-D Im not really into all the distortion, but the remix def has something to it.

So with school starting and all that, I didn't have much time to work on music and all of what I did do is either still WIP or it just wasn't really publishable quality, so I'll just showcase to y'all the EP I mentioned last time. I'm still working on my mixing a lot and I feel like it gets better every day, but this is some "older" (like 2 weeks) stuff, so yeah, I know the mix is kinda off, but tell me what to improve anyways. Check it out

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@DEEZ BEATZ I like this beat because it hits just right with the way the kick knocks. Is that the sample from the asap rocky track with big krit, ghostface etc... you did a great job of flipping it. Nice!!
@Drago Zetić Great work flipping that sample!! Like you said just tighten up the drums a bit and it's a go!!
@PartysaurusWrex thanks man, I gotta practice more on those keys for what i'm trying to do. Your beat has potential I think it's just missing a few things as far as the melody is concerned, and that siren noise fits well but is a little loud. But overall good stuff just needs to be spiced up some except the drums they are good.
@Calm Thanks for the feedback mayne! I'm actually a sucker for distortion which is why I made the beat that way (which can be a big risk lol). What sucks is I can't edit the track anymore because when I made the beat about a year ago I was chopping samples on Halion but for some reason my desktop won't load it anymore even with my e-licenser dongle stick . So I had to pretty much throw the vocals over the wave file and mix it to the best of my ability that way smh. As for the keys I have to go back and check which I need to start getting in a habit of doing instead of rushing, recording, then forgetting my notes.
@Unknown Thanks mayne! Bangin beat!! Sounds very clean and professional. I also like that melody because it simple, nice, and effective.

Here is a mash-up I did with Mos Def and beat I put out a while back on beat tape.

.calm

@Unknown : nice work:up2: leave some feedback when you can.

R.I.P Mac..

@Taron : Great work. I feel like I heard these already no?..eitherway I like the drums on sofd. I really like 404 aswell. clean mix:up2::up2:
some more variations and a few more sounds would help imo.

@Matt-D : Your remix game is on point:up2::up2: keep droppin em and i'll keep adding em to the vault:biggrin:

My computer hasn't been so friendly with my software so heres a quick draft of something I was working on when the meetup went down..

@DEEZ BEATZ Mad fire as always, really like the mix on this one, Im not the biggest fan of that key instrument or whatever it is that makes up the main melody, but that's a completely personal taste thing. Very nice chill beat.

@Drago Zetić Again, very nicely mixed chill beat, maybe a little too chill for me, like there doesnt seem too be much energy in it, also would appreciate some bigger switchups in the drums here and there as it's pretty much the same thing from beginning untl the end.

@PartysaurusWrex Not a fan of this one tbh. I feel like some of the sounds (especially that synth/ride kinda thing that I don't know the name of) are just way too loud. I'm feeling the drums a lot tho, those are real tight.

@Matt-D Im not really into all the distortion, but the remix def has something to it.

So with school starting and all that, I didn't have much time to work on music and all of what I did do is either still WIP or it just wasn't really publishable quality, so I'll just showcase to y'all the EP I mentioned last time. I'm still working on my mixing a lot and I feel like it gets better every day, but this is some "older" (like 2 weeks) stuff, so yeah, I know the mix is kinda off, but tell me what to improve anyways. Check it out

I like the melody on this...the beat is cool..very steady and simple..I like it..good work. But maybe tuck the hi hats back a little...but it really isn't a big deal

NONONSENSEBEATS

NononsenseBeats
Battle Points: 237
@Matt-D I like the Common remix but that distortion is alil crazy. I like the vibe of it tho.
The Weekend cut is dope. Real smooth with them keys bro. Good work.
The Mos Def shit is dope too. I really dig the vibe of it. Mad summertime.

@DEEZ BEATZ Yo this shit is smooth yet kinda dark. Luv the way that drum sounds. Dope beat homie.

@Drago Zetić Chill beat bro. Not a huge fan of the snare and mix is a bit off. Other than that good work.

@PartysaurusWrex This isn't horrible by no means. It does need mixed way better tho. Its just alil to basic trap sounding to me.

@khalifa13 Gotta give some feedback to get it bro.

@Unknown I dig it bro. It def needs mixed better. That bass is heavy as hell. I like the feel of it tho. RIP Mac Miller!! Damn shame to see a giant in this game go at any age let alone 26.

@Taron I like the switch up. I don't really like the mix or that lower tone key in there. I would just take that shit out all together. That synth at the end too. Keep working homie.

@.calm Yoo! This shit right here is smooth as shit bro. Bass is a tiny bit heavy but, other than that I'm really digging this. Good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online