Mood: Peaceful, Mellow, Melodic
Genre: Trap
Type Beat: 2 Chainz, Offset, Young Thug, Lil Baby

Joel Crowe

Apollo
Battle Points: 1
@Matt-D
Here is something new...i want everybody to express your opinions

I really like this beat. I went down the list trying to find one I really like. Don't really want to give any production opinion because its already a really cool track. Big ups! Now how do we get our beats to some rappers? lol!

Last edited:

Bi4ocal

Bi4ocal (Shaolin)
Battle Points: 13
I Fuck with that Common remix heavily!!!! very chilled and the drums are simple but effective.

I made a song that i'd appreciate feedback on, here it is...

cheapass

Hey hey hello, I’m new here, I make beats without a computer for now, all recorded straight from a Roland JD-XI into a Zoom recorder and mixed live.
I would love some feedback on my newest project. I’m planning on adding vocals to this. And yea, it’s not very well mastered, and the overall volume is too low, I’ll work om fixing that.

And if anyone wants to remix or whatever, all my work is under the creative commons license so feel free

Last edited:

cheapass

I Fuck with that Common remix heavily!!!! very chilled and the drums are simple but effective.

I made a song that i'd appreciate feedback on, here it is...

I like your accent! Also the producing is nicee and sexy. I think you could try experimenting with having more than one layer of vocal track, and some vocal embelishments (you know like the skrrt skrrt in trap) to give the vocal part more depth. I lile it overall dou (y)

cheapass

@DEEZ BEATZ I think the strings should have a faster attack and the kick is a bit too loud, but it's good otherwise, I could picture someone singing over it.

@Matt-D You really overdid the bitcrushing on the 1999 remix. The kick is also really wild, maybe a bit too much. The radio distortion effects were neat, though.

Here's a little WIP track from my upcoming beat tape, all I know is that I'll have to tighten the main drum loop a bit:

Very chill beat, and you’re obviously quite good at sampling and chopping, I think the intro’s really nice.
The downside for me is that it feels too simple, I would prefer it more chaotic, or with more melodic layers to get a deeper harmony

Last edited:

cheapass

@DEEZ BEATZ Mad fire as always, really like the mix on this one, Im not the biggest fan of that key instrument or whatever it is that makes up the main melody, but that's a completely personal taste thing. Very nice chill beat.

@Drago Zetić Again, very nicely mixed chill beat, maybe a little too chill for me, like there doesnt seem too be much energy in it, also would appreciate some bigger switchups in the drums here and there as it's pretty much the same thing from beginning untl the end.

@PartysaurusWrex Not a fan of this one tbh. I feel like some of the sounds (especially that synth/ride kinda thing that I don't know the name of) are just way too loud. I'm feeling the drums a lot tho, those are real tight.

@Matt-D Im not really into all the distortion, but the remix def has something to it.

So with school starting and all that, I didn't have much time to work on music and all of what I did do is either still WIP or it just wasn't really publishable quality, so I'll just showcase to y'all the EP I mentioned last time. I'm still working on my mixing a lot and I feel like it gets better every day, but this is some "older" (like 2 weeks) stuff, so yeah, I know the mix is kinda off, but tell me what to improve anyways. Check it out

This is totally insane, as in it feels like it was made by an insane person. I don’t think that’s a bad thing though, it’s quite a unique vibe, and ends up being pretty fucking heavy. Reminds me of some of the heavier Dean Blunt stuff

Now I don’t know if that’s what you were going for, or if you were trying to make something more mainstream and failed, regardless I like it, keep pushiiiing!

cheapass

@Unknown : nice work:up2: leave some feedback when you can.

R.I.P Mac..

@Taron : Great work. I feel like I heard these already no?..eitherway I like the drums on sofd. I really like 404 aswell. clean mix:up2::up2:
some more variations and a few more sounds would help imo.

@Matt-D : Your remix game is on point:up2::up2: keep droppin em and i'll keep adding em to the vault:biggrin:

My computer hasn't been so friendly with my software so heres a quick draft of something I was working on when the meetup went down..

Dopedopedopedope! Nice demented trap vibes. You could make it a little more complicated though, maybe an extra layer of some sample, to make it go a little more crazy

cheapass

2 Chainz Type Beat "Bug Juice" / Instrumental 2018

Mood: Peaceful, Mellow, Melodic
Genre: Trap
Type Beat: 2 Chainz, Offset, Young Thug, Lil Baby

Technical skills on point, sounds exactly like a 2chainz beat. But maybe a waste of your talent to copy someone else’s style..

cheapass

@Matt-D , the common remix was dope..i liked that distortion fx sample..very cool. The Love in the sky vid was nice..i like that whole ambience sound very relaxing..the vocals was nice as well...
Here is something new...i want everybody to express your opinions

Nothing here yet.
The bass line is super dopee, and I think the entire vibe is slighly rock-y and nostalgic, I like it! Drums are indeed quite special, but I like how they sound almost clipped. Interesting!

Status
Not open for further replies.