Showcase - September 6-12, 2021

• beat this! voting starts in...
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
Hey guys, I kept it with the Boom Bap this week. Thanks in advance for all feedback. I'll get back later in the week.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
Haven’t had a chance to check out Kanye’s album yet except “come to life” and I seen they posted the acapella already so I wanted to mess around with them. Will provide feedback tomorrow. All feedback is appreciated and will be returned.

nikwen

ILLIEN
Here is what i made last weekend

Greetings from Darmstadt!

Pretty chill vibes overall, definitely a good beat to play in the background of a cafe.

I feel like the drums could have used a bit more life in them. Applying a bit less compression and putting them a bit more into the foreground is what I would have suggested.

Your melodies are on point throughout the whole track. Quite a few musical ideas in there, and all of them awesome.

Also, great picture for the video!

Keep it up!

Ys Man

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 21

been trying to clean up my mix any feedback appreciated

Last edited:

Ys Man

ILLIEN
Hey guys, I kept it with the Boom Bap this week. Thanks in advance for all feedback. I'll get back later in the week.

nice love that bassline
Haven’t had a chance to check out Kanye’s album yet except “come to life” and I seen they posted the acapella already so I wanted to mess around with them. Will provide feedback tomorrow. All feedback is appreciated and will be returned.

dont know about this it all sounds good but kanye is a sandwich short of a picnic basket

@Rah.sool banging drums and scratches.The sample is also dope.What do we need more? :)

Here is what i made last weekend

i agree with nikwen the drums sit too far back along with the bass

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
@Sole Element I really like the sound selection on the drums. Also, the way you used the guitar melody to accompany Kanye's voice works really well. Nice job boss!

@44Beatzz My man this is sharp! Simple and elegant. sturdy drums and nice ambience from the sample. Only feedback would be The drums could maybe be louder in the mix. Very clean work!

@Ys Man Wow man. All 3 of these are solid. That first one sounds like Dj Premier made it. And the other 2 are clean as well. Very nice brotha!

Ys Man

ILLIEN
@Sole Element I really like the sound selection on the drums. Also, the way you used the guitar melody to accompany Kanye's voice works really well. Nice job boss!

@44Beatzz My man this is sharp! Simple and elegant. sturdy drums and nice ambience from the sample. Only feedback would be The drums could maybe be louder in the mix. Very clean work!

@Ys Man Wow man. All 3 of these are solid. That first one sounds like Dj Premier made it. And the other 2 are clean as well. Very nice brotha!
thanks just learning about mixing a bit more in depth

if anybody could listen on a system which do you prefer?

nikwen

ILLIEN
Nice! One of the most important things to master from what I can tell (no pun intended). (y)

To be honest, it was quite hard to hear the differences. I think that the first sounds a bit better, "rawer" maybe, but it's very, very, subtle.

For some reason, I noticed the flute only when I paused the first track to listen to the beginning of the second, but listening to the first again made me hear it there, too. Not sure why I didn't notice but I found it interesting and wanted to write it down.

Ys Man

ILLIEN
Nice! One of the most important things to master from what I can tell (no pun intended). (y)

To be honest, it was quite hard to hear the differences. I think that the first sounds a bit better, "rawer" maybe, but it's very, very, subtle.

For some reason, I noticed the flute only when I paused the first track to listen to the beginning of the second, but listening to the first again made me hear it there, too. Not sure why I didn't notice but I found it interesting and wanted to write it down.
Thanks, the first is bit crushed more and mono on the sample where the second is still stereo, interesting about the flute, it is off in the back. What were you using to listen to it? Also did you not find more clarity in the first one?

nikwen

ILLIEN
Thanks, the first is bit crushed more and mono on the sample where the second is still stereo, interesting about the flute, it is off in the back. What were you using to listen to it? Also did you not find more clarity in the first one?
I listened on a 10+ year old stereo sound system that's connected to my computer. The speakers are too close together though to actually call it stereo. ;)

Just listened again on iPhone headphones and on those there's a much larger difference. More clarity in #2, feels less compressed than #1 and the stereo effect is pretty cool. Maybe a tad too much panning, but would be awesome if you dialed it back a bit. #1 has a better balance between instruments, though. That's also nice.

On iPhone headphones, I probably prefer #2 but an in-between with the positive traits of both would be the best.

Ys Man

ILLIEN
I listened on a 10+ year old stereo sound system that's connected to my computer. The speakers are too close together though to actually call it stereo. ;)

Just listened again on iPhone headphones and on those there's a much larger difference. More clarity in #2, feels less compressed than #1 and the stereo effect is pretty cool. Maybe a tad too much panning, but would be awesome if you dialed it back a bit. #1 has a better balance between instruments, though. That's also nice.

On iPhone headphones, I probably prefer #2 but an in-between with the positive traits of both would be the best.
Thanks for the in depth reply, the panning is from the original recording which is why i went mono i felt it was too much, i agree with everything you said

Rah.sool

Beatmaker

I am using 2 small speakers about 2 feet apart. I preferred option #2 (R.E.C. Room). It sounded louder and more crisp. I could be wrong, but that's my initial impression.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@Rah.sool i love the way those drums compliment that catchy melody!! Classic sound very easy to vibe out to! Mix is on point as well

@Ys Man the first one is dope! But that bassline in the second remix really caught my attention. I forgot the emcee on the first ones name, isn’t that the same guy from jazzmattaz?

TjombaBeats

Mister Miyagi Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 151
I made this little one past week. Hope you guys enjoy this one. I like the bass tune like the keys just don't like it really that much in the end. Like theres something missing but hell i still posted it. Here you go!

Status
Not open for further replies.