So I decided to have a crack at a game/movie soundtrack piece

I will be using both Logic and Cubase when the studio is done, going to be running both OS and Windows on two different systems, have used it briefly at a couple other studios, its seems pretty straightforward. The only thing that keeps me using reason is how quickly I can go from idea to sketch to finished track. But it really does have its limits. The newest one will run as a vst, I might invest in that at some point if the vst route ruins my productivity. Drum programming is so easy in redrum. The reverb is shit though, Im not a fan of how it sounds, I really like Reverence in Cubase. I will probably use Cubase on windows for mixing and Logic for production, or even both for production, depends on who Im working with and their preferred format I suppose.

I only just realised how to use audiowarp in Cubase, its revolutionised how I sample now and literally changed my game. Some software is so deep that you can use it for years and learn new things all the time. Cant believe it took me so long to work it out. Just imported all my samples into an nnxt and was limited by its capabilites, which are fairly adequate, but had no way to change tempo without changing pitch. I used to use acid pro for speeding up and slowing down a tempo while maintaining pitch, but it really didnt sound great, audiowarp sounds so much better. Wish I knew this 8 years ago hahahaha.

Been trawling through youtube looking at the artists in this world, many make me feel so small and make me realise how much I have to learn.

As for Ben, a few weeks ago was the first time I ever heard of him but was so impressed when I watched it that the name stuck in my head and when you mentioned him I instantly remembered it. Seems like a great guy and the "fivetissimo" had me laughing. Its like the classical version of turning it up to eleven hahahaha

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
"Been trawling through youtube looking at the artists in this world, many make me feel so small and make me realise how much I have to learn."

That is the beauty of music really, its a lifetime of enjoyment. And anytime I get cocky and start to think I am a good bass player, I meet someone that just kicks my ass. Its always humbling but if you really think about it its truly amazing that we get to live in this time and make music. Its a gift!

members online