So, i got a meeting with an A&R from Capitol Records coming soon

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
the Bone Thugs concert was dope- when they finally came on, that is. its was wierd without bizzy though.

anyhow..

this dude was there from capitol showcasing the artists he has from my area. turns out his whole job is to find and develop talent in the Inland Empire- kind of an overlooked area of southern california. its pretty good sized and yes there are a lot of hip hop artists...so he was talking abuot being the guy to put the area on the map. anyhow, i stepped to him and let him know..... and he says that he is looking for producers, singers, mc's etc from here....

anyhow he gave me HIS number, that was the cool part. he said call tonight and we'll talk details and setup a face to face meeting. i asked if he was supposed to just find MTV, clear channel type acts or if he was checkin on the underground/middle ground as well.....
he said no, he wasnt only looking to sign those types, its just that as a major tahts typically all he sees.... but i digress.

long and short of t, he said he definitely wants to hear what i got musically and so tonight i'll be callin for that second chat.

YEEEEEEEAH baby!

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Make sure you put fire on that joint man, a meeting with and A&R from a label is a first impression scenario, if you aint ready or the joints aint finished dont even bother to put them out there or just make snippets....but its a good look....good networking.....and its not about quantity either...put YOUR BEST joints on there Truth or ones you have played for other people that get good feedback and reaction....anything that even got suspect parts dont play it.....but then again keep that side CD ready in case he just wants to listen to more of your joints.....Best of luck and way to get your grind on......your own advice paid off it looks like...

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
yeah serious.... much more to come, even if this lead goes nowhere this summer is grind mode for me.

i got a few joints on there that have garnered great reactions from live people (not just internet heads, not just friends either) so thats what i am going with.

5 tracks definitely, and i will be including the Bosta track and i should have two more coming very soon from other artists, but only one would likely be on the disc i give him- but a second one will be there with like 20 or so.....

S

SoulTheGreat

Cold truth:I've never heard of a a&r in my area looking for talent and i'm In the Inland empire.

If u could pass me his numbers i can put him up on me and some other talent in this area as well.

Thanks in advance

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
SoulTheGreat said:
Cold truth:I've never heard of a a&r in my area looking for talent and i'm In the Inland empire.

If u could pass me his numbers i can put him up on me and some other talent in this area as well.

Thanks in advance

thats bad relations newbie,,,A&R's don't just hand out numbers,,its more like, "Dont call us,,we'll call you!" If Truth gave his number to someone who he don't know, or even heard there music before,,,hows that look? Feel me?

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
well its like this:

i got to get my foot in this door. after i meet with this cat, i'll see what he says about handing his number to other artists.

the reason why you havent "heard of an anr in this area looking for talent" is because, well, i dont know... no offense, but just because you havent heard of something that doesnt mean it isnt there..and all i know is that i went to a show, the man got on stage with his artists and let us know he was there to put us on the map, and i stepped to him.

point is, i went out and put my self out there.

its lots of people with contacts, and we cant all eat off of the next dudes contacts. lemme get my foot in and my own grind in motion before ya'll start hittin me up, because i am not about to look bad (and trust me, it would look bad at this stage) by handing his number out to everyone who says they got skills.....

and once i am "in" or even "out"- whatever, once i have spoken with this dude at length about all of this, i'll ask him about sending others his way. you have got to be the 10th guy in the last two days to ask this of me, and ya'll need to let me breathe and see whats up with my own business before i start lining up artists for him.

besides- i have my own little stable i am trying to bring in and up with me. let me get my foot in that door, and i'll see what HE says about me handing out his number.

and ditto what stress said- man i am very fortunate dude gave me HIS number. i have met a few people already on the "we'll call you" tip, and this guy gave me his number. thats not something i take lightly nor something i want to jepordize for the next cat he comes across.

you got to get out there... you got to get to some shows, go to incahoots on sunday nights- its a known artist every week from here on out, and this week its suga free.

im going to be at clubs all summer and i will be speaking to EVERYONE with a name or position of power/influence that i come across. get to grindin man.

S

SoulTheGreat

Stresswon: A newbie? lol Nobody asked you for ya 2 cents so keep ya mouth shut when grown folks is speakin. fuck outta here
Cold Truth said:
well its like this:

i got to get my foot in this door. after i meet with this cat, i'll see what he says about handing his number to other artists.

the reason why you havent "heard of an anr in this area looking for talent" is because, well, i dont know... no offense, but just because you havent heard of something that doesnt mean it isnt there..and all i know is that i went to a show, the man got on stage with his artists and let us know he was there to put us on the map, and i stepped to him.

point is, i went out and put my self out there.

its lots of people with contacts, and we cant all eat off of the next dudes contacts. lemme get my foot in and my own grind in motion before ya'll start hittin me up, because i am not about to look bad (and trust me, it would look bad at this stage) by handing his number out to everyone who says they got skills.....

and once i am "in" or even "out"- whatever, once i have spoken with this dude at length about all of this, i'll ask him about sending others his way. you have got to be the 10th guy in the last two days to ask this of me, and ya'll need to let me breathe and see whats up with my own business before i start lining up artists for him.

besides- i have my own little stable i am trying to bring in and up with me. let me get my foot in that door, and i'll see what HE says about me handing out his number.

and ditto what stress said- man i am very fortunate dude gave me HIS number. i have met a few people already on the "we'll call you" tip, and this guy gave me his number. thats not something i take lightly nor something i want to jepordize for the next cat he comes across.

you got to get out there... you got to get to some shows, go to incahoots on sunday nights- its a known artist every week from here on out, and this week its suga free.

im going to be at clubs all summer and i will be speaking to EVERYONE with a name or position of power/influence that i come across. get to grindin man.

Cold truth: Word up mayne, it aint that serious and i ain't hear to debate with you. Dont worry about my grind though maman, I'm good. Much success to you tho.

and i'm out.

Uno

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
SoulTheGreat said:
Stresswon: A newbie? lol Nobody asked you for ya 2 cents so keep ya mouth shut when grown folks is speakin. fuck outta here
He called you a newbie because you are. You're a newbie to this site! Look under your name. And please chill, we don't allow that around here:
https://www.illmuzik.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25

Thanks.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
SoulTheGreat said:

well first off he made a valid point. second, he said you were a newibe, because, well, you are. you have one post. that makes you new here. third, he didnt say anything to warrant the attitude... and four, hes a moderator, so if you like the site and want to be a part of the site, the mods are tthe wrong people to cop an attitude with......

other then that. peace

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
SoulTheGreat said:

oh no,,,,are you an "internet tough guy", newbie?Please dont hurt me newbie. What would someone get offended by the term, "newbie", newbie? I DID make a valid point, Newb,,,also, nobody asked for my two cents, newbie. I just posted that because as a newbie, why would you ask someone for a number they obviously worked for, newbie? It just sounded "newbie-ish", na mean Newbie. Dont be upset of what you are, we all start as "newbs" so just chill out. Nobody wants to start out as an asshole and a newbie,,,Okay newbie. Thanks

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
lol

but FUCK YOU STRESS!!!

FUCK YOU COLD, FADE AND THE REST!!!!

I HATE MODERATORS....

god im an unfunny twat

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
oh i see, just because my dad was lobster boy, you label me as a freak!

thats the last time i tell YOU any private information about my family!

members online