So, i had a meeting schedule with an agent last night, Cold's latest moves

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
this dude is legit, i got a great connect. he gets 100's of demo's but since i'm friends with dudes sister he's given me a real look. he heard two tracks and was very interested in hearin more.

anyhow, i call him and tell him to meet me at the Temple Bar in Santa Monica to a show i was going to be at with some SERIOUSLY skilled mc's i am going to be workin with, and thing was he was scheduled for the studio also, so i knew he might not make it beforehand. well he wasnt able show and i was kinda depressed afte rthat.

so, after the neo soul band got finished, i was just kinda walkin around the place, and damn if i dont run right into Randy Jackson, of American Idol Judge fame (the black dude, for those who dont know). we chat, i explain what i do, i hit him off with a cd. i told him that i am trying to bring back that one producer driven album and hit him off with the instrumentals of my cd. he says "its time for that to start happening, yeah im feelin that". so his assistant takes my info and all and we chat for a minute. anyhow i just hit off a major industry cat with a cd and damn that feels great. i know people will bug and be worried about copywrights and all that but screw it, seriously i know all that and oh well. you have got to take risks at some point.

anyhow i also got this cat Trek Life on my LP, to do that "feels like home" track that that jass chick took a while ago. this version got cleaned up something serious.. but Trek Life currently has an album out with cats from the Dilated Peoples family, Evidence and Babu and a few other dudes doin beats, so thats an extremely great conenct. he's a very talented mc in his own right and so thus i have a great, basically all-star-up-and-coming lineup for the LP (mercury waters and a few others make appearances as well) and so my hopes of this project being special may actually be realized.

i also connected with Nicole Wicknick, of Ask Darcie fame- she runs a sight dedicated tohelping artists protect themselves and offers consulting services, and will help me secure distribution and what not and wants a finished copy of the copywritten cd in early july, and we'll talk from there. she's been in the industry as both artist and administrator for like 29 years, and she is all about the artists protection. thats a good look as well.

also, look out for my interview soon. i have been dodging wings and i am sorry wings, i still havent got pictures-this weekend i promise! seriously, i promise!

anyhow thats the latest in ol' truths adventures, as always i will keep ya'll posted. oh and look for some joints on my artist page VERY soon.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
class, you DO NOT want it with me homie! you enterin the next comp? see you there sucka. lol
i am about to start hittin up shows a lot more. its going to be a great summer. .

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
That's tight man, it's cool watching people on here start to make things happen.

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Good for you man! It's good to see people with good skills making moves... Randy Jackson! LOL, how many times did he say "yo dawg, yeah dawg, I'm feelin that dawg!?" Nah, but that's still cool... If that was me I would have done the same thing bro... Best of Luck with that... MAn, i swear I gotta move my ass around to push music, the market in milwaukee is horrible! HORRIBLE! But, then again Chicago is always close, I should roll down there and hit up some labels....

SketchUp

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
o-a-ksavage said:
That's tight man, it's cool watching people on here start to make things happen.

yeh it's good to see shit happen with ppl on here, good luck to ya! hope it all goes to plan

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
man i am copywritting these beats this week, after that its over i am passing out instrumentals like crazy now. i am going to start doing one batch a month of copywritten beats and pushing them around tagged up with my name and info.

seriously though, i am going to slowly start putting out songs as they are done so ya'll can get a taste- everyone who has heard the instrumentals as a whole has given good to great reviews, so i know i am on to somehting, now its up to my selected batch of mc's to deliver their end!

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
Good shit man, I know that whole Fam

Move.Meant, Crush One, Brub, Trek Life, the StepFam.

They are good peoples, and make great music.

Glad to hear you're making those moves, keep me updated on your shit mang!

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
yeah man trek is mad down to earth. given his skills and the fact that he's got evidence and babu doin beats for him, i really felt like i accomplished something when he said he dug "Feels Like Home" and actually wanted to rock it for my album. thats when yuo know that your confidance is warranted and thats a humbling feeling.

thing is though, i approach these dudes on a professional level, so im sure that helps. i wouldnt like the nut huggin groupie approach myself.

on a side note, i dont want this thread to just be "look at me guys", i wanna hear if any of ya'll are doing things and what they are...

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
^^ Right now a got a few things Pending with Universal, La Ried (ya know the cat that basically made Outkast who they are) Warner and i got a few things in works for some film work

I wont say Which artist yet i dont wanna jinx it

*Lots are Meetings basically*

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
Hope it works out for us Brother. Ha hAH AHh HAHahAHhaaaaaaaaaaaah

On the real though, hope your able to blow up and keep it truth.

50 cal

King of the West
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Cold Truth said:
anyhow i also got this cat Trek Life on my LP, to do that "feels like home" .

I saw that cat on this show called interscope " the next" a while back. it had all these mc's from different places battling. He got beat by this cat names spit fiya but dude is still nice

Tha1AndOnlyDJT

DJ Will Kill
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
Cold Truth said:
man i am copywritting these beats this week, after that its over i am passing out instrumentals like crazy now. i am going to start doing one batch a month of copywritten beats and pushing them around tagged up with my name and info.

seriously though, i am going to slowly start putting out songs as they are done so ya'll can get a taste- everyone who has heard the instrumentals as a whole has given good to great reviews, so i know i am on to somehting, now its up to my selected batch of mc's to deliver their end!

How ans where are you going to get them Copywritten? Ill will need to be doing the same here shortly. I hope that works out for you.

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
Making Moves

Chrono said:
that is great news. but i'm not too surprised, most everyone in the comp's are very professional

True, true. Some peeps here are definitely bringing some heat.

Good luck Truth, it sounds like you have a good plan.

Ctrl

sammy beats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
No shit Truth, thats hot. I hope something comes out of this.

I actually sat right by Marques Houston (of B2K and You Got Served) on a plane going to LA once. I had him listen to my beats and tell me what he thought and he said he liked them a lot and that he would talk to his producer friend. So he asked me for my phone number and email address and I gave it to him but never heard back. I still regret not asking him for his contact information so I could at least try to follow up, but what can you do.

Hopefully your encounter with Randy will prove a little more successful.

members online