So..my beat was stolen and given to Dipset....

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
What up everyone....

People always talkin about voice tagging on beats is ruining the beat when they try to listen to it....Well..I believed that until last night...when a friend of mine showed me a song with the EXACT same beat as the one I posted on soundclick last year....now it would be different if the person only used the same sample.....turns out the person only layered and eq'ed the drums......who knows if this "producer" even touched the beat before it was mastered......Anyway..a friend passes me a JR Writer song and asked me if i recognize the beat....yeah..i did....But anyway.......to make a long story short...if you don't want your shit jacked.....put voice tags on it....whether or not you make it a free download....

The industry is rather grimey...survival of the fittest....I def learned that the hard way...

In case you wanna know the beat....it's called "chain gang pt2" on my soundclick page.....
Or you can go to www.myspace.com/equilibriumentertainment to hear both.....

The JR writer song is called "give me a second"

P.S. It's not even about the money...I just want credit for the track............

Cs

C

Carpe Diem

shit man....thats harsh....better change how i go about things now then...

Maknbeats

Back to Work
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 56
damn man yeah i wouldn't care as much about the money at this point just some credit. But you can sort of look at it in a semi good way if dipset was interested in the beat, this can sort of make you stand a lil taller. haha, but sorry for that. Are the drums and shit the same?? i can't listen to the Jr writer version cause i'm at school and they got myspace blocked for some reason...track is nice though.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
shit id be honoured to have Dipset on my beats... but then again i would be pissed if my name weren't involved.

sAfE.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
thats fucked up yo, but if someone wants to jack ya beat, voice tags wont do much unfortunately.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
cleverwon said:
thats fucked up yo, but if someone wants to jack ya beat, voice tags wont do much unfortunately.

thats true, you would have to make sure to not leave one loop. if you voice tagged that much it might ruin it. unless you had a mild white noise constant in the background. or just had a real low sample rate or resolution

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
was that track a sample or composed?

sAfE.

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
Yea if this was actually Composed he could still take them to court with his Computer and show Proof of a time Stamp.. that actuall holds weight in Court to an Extent .. Sampling is touching in this area...
I forget wo said it but its true Vocals wont save u if someone really want the Beat i wont go into how thats done

Copyright ur Shit man

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Man im sorry to hear that,

But honestly thats whats gonna happen if you put your beats on soundclick, its free regin up there. You shouldent put stuff uptheir unless u really dont care were it ends up. Casue if its hot, nothing will stop somebody from jacking it.
An no, vocie tags wont help at all, if anything they will just find the sample......

I see u have alot of stuff on soundclick, u may wanna rethink that....... espically since u got heat.

My 2 cents

class...

Phiba Optix

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
To be honest I think they just flipped the same sample... Cuz the drum patterns are different and their verse section of the melody is different...But it is VERY similiar...

Just my two pennies

The Konductor

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah that was a straight jack move. And dope ass beat by the way.

From what I heard they flipped the sample slightly by not adding the second part that you did. Also the drum pattern is just a little different, especially on the measure when it starts to roll. I mean both beats roll at the end of the measure but I think theirs has a few less kick rolls.

Your beat sounds tighter to me. Especially the drums. So are you saying that they found the same sample from the same album or where ever you got it from and just added slightly different drums? Or are you saying that they got the track from soundclick and put it in their editor and fucked with it from there?

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Phiba Optix said:
To be honest I think they just flipped the same sample... Cuz the drum patterns are different and their verse section of the melody is different...But it is VERY similiar...

Just my two pennies

Man that's a straight jack move what they did.. Everything sounds the same, Why would you go find that sample and make it sound just like that? Not to diss you homei but it's clearly a str8 up jack move... Sorry To here that Cs, I'd be pissed too.. I wonder who they would put under production credits for that though.

-------------------------------------

edit: Okay, I listened to the whole song (sorry i dont like J.R. Rider at all couldnt bare the full song at first).. To me it sounds like they looped 2 bars from your hook and kept the intro and added a few kicks.. But it had to be a jacked beat because when the dropout comes in the first verse the whole song cuts out rather than just the drums or just the sample, feel me?

Anubis-Ra

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
That's fucked up. Where's the damn respect in that shit. At the very least you should have been given recognition, money, somethin.

Cam'rox

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
goddamn that beat is fire, man. but that is real fucked up tho. do u happen to know exactly how ur beat got stolen, tho? did u ever have a free mp3 of it up at all? cuz now i'm paranoid about havin my ish up on soundclick. lemme know.

Retro

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
As sad as this situation is, you should take this as a complement. they definately think your track is hot. mite be wise to try and get in contact with them and sort it out. some other kat mite have jacked ur beat then sold it to them, but i do feel for you.