Some very relevant points on sampling in Hip-Hop

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 152
ye guitar is jus pluckin a few strings, sure lol

about loops - i think takin a loop and makin a beat the whole way thru might sound good to the audience and all that but that is boring as fuk to still b doin that in 2007
anyone into hip hop nowadays knows about chopping, i think its not gona b long b4 loops jus get phased out, they jus dead weight

its not cool anymore

makin a composition outta chops, adding ur own stuff is where it is. and if that sounds shit it means you're shit at choppin not that a loop would be better.

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
I say if its dope, its dope....period. There are songs that I heard that i love the hell out of like common "the light" or IceCube "Good Day" when i heard the original sample it was just an loop with some dope drums........on the flip side I don't think you have as much bragging rights when just looping up a sample.....Yeah its a good discovery, and your drumline might sound dope to it, but how much pride can you take in the 15 minutes it took to put drums to the loop?.......Anyways thats just my personal feelings.....if your into just looping samples and adding drums, than do your thang!....lol
By the way good article man.

dfine

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
not being able to sample is killing hip hop. I mean you can't even cut up some other artist lyrics without paying some dough. that bullshucks.

FSC

Royal Souf Productions
ill o.g.
Nice read.. lol.. But he does sound like a angry old man tho...

ill o.g.
YEa me as a sample based producers I hate how cats use the same sample as another producer used and try to flip it more then what the other did I try to find records I think no else has 9 time outta ten they may have it but they never really looked into it to try to sample it like the craziest cover records those records that have crazy covers u already know no one has used it or didnt think about usin it......

OffSet

HIpHOP
ill o.g.
Now that what i mean, some finally came out with truth on creative and the real meaning of why a producer does what he does as far as creation. Damm GOOD .

members online