Sooo What are Your Current Projects????

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
Currently politicking on getting on the planning committee for The Baltimore Carnivale
I played a minor role this year helping with the set-up and stuff but for 2006 I hope to be booking acts to perform and securing locations for camera crews to record footage.

Trying to book rock acts over in Seattle area to do an East Coast mini-tour consisting of about 4-5 dates.

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
current projects;

- learn and master Reason
- learn and master Pro Tools
- learn piano
- keep building my overall production skills
- produce and co-produce 9 demos/singles, 3 eps and 1 album
- be a gangsta

that's about it for now I think

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
n.u.g you're in the right place for general gangsta shit (sin city) .... i recommend checking out the local van parks (or just watch tv) and speaking to some washed up crims and getting the low down on bank robbing, debt collecting, hired muscle, speed labs, interstate drug runs etc. (may as well wait till you have cash flow till you learn the arts of money laundering this is where a quality crime fam really shines)
also enroll at your local college (bound to find some kids to run your shit for you...... you don't wanna get busted for a gram bag !).............

(now for some shit talking)

(to all uninformed) as far as hip hop goes in australia we have but a few flavours - sell out flavour, yobbo / writer style (probably coming first currently), and scribble jam rip off flavour (battle rhyme style) in australiaif you choose the first flavour the labels are just realising the market for homegrown hip hop and want all the sell outs they can get..... (lots of projects) (sellouts can also come from the last two categories as long as they make an effort to cross over)

as far as innovative/backpacker/whatever the +uck you want to call something other than the norm hip hop goes in aus there is a market but reaching them is another thing (and australian hip hop doesn't really do very well overseas regardless of how good it is..... ever considered rock ?)

australia also has some international electronic acts.... and new zealand isn't far away (3 million people with a bigger scene than australia)

basically i'm just talking to myself realising the futility of pursueing hip hop in australia.... recently i find myself doing more varied composition stuff so i suppose i might get work doing ads, film stuff etc. when i eventually send something out (if i never do tho i can keep on saying i probably could if i wanted to)

......... i think my above rant basically sums it up...... all i do is play piano, drums all day and make beats and rap.... keeps me sane and on the dole (if those two words can be used in the same sentence) i also do some occasional live stuff in brisvegas which help out cash wise

....... i am working (more getting high and jamming) with some kick ass musicians tho....

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
I'm working on building a rap group. It's 3 guys with different vibes and I just recruited a girl yesterday... (actually It was a check... that girl is sexy as hell..., but it so happend that she was an MC, so...)

The 3 guys are friends of mine and they are just starting in the rap game and that new girl too. It's actually quite enjoyable to see them grow and become more and more mature.

I'm giving them tips on delivery, stage presence, lyrical content, how to ride a beat and use a mic (even if I'm no MC)...

1st step is to build a library of beats... with some beats in different category (club, thoughtful, for the ladies, reggae style... etc)

2nd step... this is where it gets complicated... Since I'm like their mentor and stuff, I dont want to look as if I dont know what I'm doing, but I'm not 100% certain of what those other moves should be exactly.

right now I'm thinking that in, Montreal, local hiphop is not represented much, what works here is the Celine Dion style... and it's male counterpart. But I also know that most artists here how mad it big are still in the public eye because they stay close to the people... That's what I would like to achieve, but it's hard...

I'm thinking that I know a lot of DJ's and so, for that reason, I wanna make them do some remixes of known US club banger and pass them around to Friend Dj's. That way, their voice and flow will be known. Afterwards, I wanna start promoting with mixtapes packed with remixes and original songs, like Kardinal Offishal's "Kill Blodclot Bill"...

Anyways, any advice would be greatly appreciated...

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
2_nice said:
n.u.g you're in the right place for general gangsta shit (sin city) .... i recommend checking out the local van parks (or just watch tv) and speaking to some washed up crims and getting the low down on bank robbing, debt collecting, hired muscle, speed labs, interstate drug runs etc. (may as well wait till you have cash flow till you learn the arts of money laundering this is where a quality crime fam really shines)
also enroll at your local college (bound to find some kids to run your shit for you...... you don't wanna get busted for a gram bag !).............

(now for some shit talking)

(to all uninformed) as far as hip hop goes in australia we have but a few flavours - sell out flavour, yobbo / writer style (probably coming first currently), and scribble jam rip off flavour (battle rhyme style) in australiaif you choose the first flavour the labels are just realising the market for homegrown hip hop and want all the sell outs they can get..... (lots of projects) (sellouts can also come from the last two categories as long as they make an effort to cross over)

as far as innovative/backpacker/whatever the +uck you want to call something other than the norm hip hop goes in aus there is a market but reaching them is another thing (and australian hip hop doesn't really do very well overseas regardless of how good it is..... ever considered rock ?)

australia also has some international electronic acts.... and new zealand isn't far away (3 million people with a bigger scene than australia)

basically i'm just talking to myself realising the futility of pursueing hip hop in australia.... recently i find myself doing more varied composition stuff so i suppose i might get work doing ads, film stuff etc. when i eventually send something out (if i never do tho i can keep on saying i probably could if i wanted to)

......... i think my above rant basically sums it up...... all i do is play piano, drums all day and make beats and rap.... keeps me sane and on the dole (if those two words can be used in the same sentence) i also do some occasional live stuff in brisvegas which help out cash wise

....... i am working (more getting high and jamming) with some kick ass musicians tho....

it's not all bad in Oz bro. Just make music you like and don't give a fluck about whether or not the Aussie audience feel it or not. Good luck with it anyway mate

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
sYgMa said:
I'm working on building a rap group. It's 3 guys with different vibes and I just recruited a girl yesterday... (actually It was a check... that girl is sexy as hell..., but it so happend that she was an MC, so...)

The 3 guys are friends of mine and they are just starting in the rap game and that new girl too. It's actually quite enjoyable to see them grow and become more and more mature.

I'm giving them tips on delivery, stage presence, lyrical content, how to ride a beat and use a mic (even if I'm no MC)...

1st step is to build a library of beats... with some beats in different category (club, thoughtful, for the ladies, reggae style... etc)

2nd step... this is where it gets complicated... Since I'm like their mentor and stuff, I dont want to look as if I dont know what I'm doing, but I'm not 100% certain of what those other moves should be exactly.

right now I'm thinking that in, Montreal, local hiphop is not represented much, what works here is the Celine Dion style... and it's male counterpart. But I also know that most artists here how mad it big are still in the public eye because they stay close to the people... That's what I would like to achieve, but it's hard...

I'm thinking that I know a lot of DJ's and so, for that reason, I wanna make them do some remixes of known US club banger and pass them around to Friend Dj's. That way, their voice and flow will be known. Afterwards, I wanna start promoting with mixtapes packed with remixes and original songs, like Kardinal Offishal's "Kill Blodclot Bill"...

Anyways, any advice would be greatly appreciated...

hey Sygma, it sounds like you have a good thing happening there mate.

my advice to you would be spend a whole day (or even week if you have the time) and write down exactly what your goals are for both the group and yourself and then write down an extremely detailed plan on how you plan to achieve it. Be as specific as you can. Once you've done then, review your goals and follow your plans everyday and make it happen.

peace

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
N.U.G. said:
it's not all bad in Oz bro. Just make music you like and don't give a fluck about whether or not the Aussie audience feel it or not. Good luck with it anyway mate

Yeh i was just seeing how much shit speak i could get away with lol....

Though i was mucking around alot of the things i said are true (especially about learning to be a gangster watching tv)....

I am not trying to make a career out of selling hip hop albums in australia or making beats so i'm not particularly worried about the current state of hip hop in australia (if you ask me we have gone backwards since def wish cast dropped the mad hatter ep) i just hope hip hop (in australia) will remain driven by expression through the 4 elements not just battle rapping....

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
2_nice said:
Yeh i was just seeing how much shit speak i could get away with lol....

Though i was mucking around alot of the things i said are true (especially about learning to be a gangster watching tv)....

I am not trying to make a career out of selling hip hop albums in australia or making beats so i'm not particularly worried about the current state of hip hop in australia (if you ask me we have gone backwards since def wish cast dropped the mad hatter ep) i just hope hip hop (in australia) will remain driven by expression through the 4 elements not just battle rapping....

yeah, you got a pretty good rant in there bro! :D

I hope the best for Aussie hip-hop too mate, I reckon it'll be alright, I just pay attention to the dope stuff and ignore the bullshit

peace

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
N.U.G. said:
hey Sygma, it sounds like you have a good thing happening there mate.

my advice to you would be spend a whole day (or even week if you have the time) and write down exactly what your goals are for both the group and yourself and then write down an extremely detailed plan on how you plan to achieve it. Be as specific as you can. Once you've done then, review your goals and follow your plans everyday and make it happen.

peace

yeah... I'm gonna do that... thx, I appreciate it!

itsyaboypc

ill o.g.
- trying to make a catalog of beats
- IMPROVING/ LEARNING EVERYTHING I CAN
- going to college in a week
- hopefully making a mixtape/album with my group by like early 06

KurtisRich

Pussy Monster
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 13
I'm pretty new to beat making i've been using Reason 3.0 for 3 months now. It's pretty simple. I have like over 200 beats I made on it, most of them I haven't even tracked out yet some is not even finished. I've also DJ'ed for almost 4 years now... I'm still DJ'n for a local bar over here. Getting kind of sick of it here though cuz no one in my hometown really appreciates REAL DJ's... over here it's like, you can be the suckiest dj that CAN'T scratch, juggle, or mix, but if just throw on that song the people want, the people will be happy. Sometimes I just want to say, FUCK what the people want... it's what I want. People need to appreciate good music and tru turntablism or atleast understand the concept. But anyways.....

I want to:

-get an mpc
-some sound module
-more equipments
-have a decent studio in the basement
-work with some local artists
-get my beats out there

I dunno if yall have any suggestions, let me know.

Agent Smith

IllMuzik Junkie
ill o.g.
word...same with me on the 1 beat a week tip...keeps you limber.

ive been super busy. me and wings of an angel have fomed a group called paragon black and have been working on a concept album...let me just say, its different. we have 1 track completed, 1 more almost done, and 2 more on the table. We hope to be finished as soon as possible.

I've also been still working on a solo e.p.-- just waiting for some collabs and thats pretty much it.

peace

priorityone

ill o.g.
Trying to get these beats in the right peoples hands

Recruiting guests for my radio show

Makin sure my monthly Beat Battle runs smooth

Keepin distant from these fake ass A&R's lol

Keepin my DJ game up to par

MPCaddict

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
man, I'm new to both the site and the game. I've been surfing this site and to be honest, I've learned a lot. I don't have any equipments as of yet, hopefully soon. So I guess my current plans are:

- get an MPC (leaning toward the MPC1K, like I said I'm new so I just want something easy to begin with without breaking the bank)
- sound modules
- vinyls
- arrange my school and work schedule so that I'd have more free time learning my new gears.

that's it for now :D peace

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Paragon Black

jmaafia said:
me and wings of an angel have fomed a group called paragon black and have been working on a concept album...let me just say, its different

Paragon Black, just like haloDim, is like nothing else you've heard so far. It would probably be an E.P (around 30-40 minutes long). Expect an impressive artistic output.... News will follow!

Attachments

• paragontraveller.jpg
    paragontraveller.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 156

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Wing's and Agent Smith that joint should be hott!

Is that your logo you posted? Can a brotha get a t-shirt????

I hooked up with a real cool local dude named SP Double. We did a track together and hit it off real good, so good we're going to be working on an album together. We already got one track done and should have two more in the can this weekend.

members online