Soundclick Deleted my Profile!!

KurtisRich

Pussy Monster
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 13
Okay so I logged on to my account on Soundclick to upload a track and an alert showed up stating that my account is under review. (It had stated something like, copyright infringements, remixes, etc)

So I emailed the support team asking them why it was under review and told them that all my music is all originally composed and there are no use of any type of samples of any sort. They responded back saying that my music is not in the correct genre and to correct them or the account will remain under review . So I replied back saying that it is in the right genre and that I feel it belongs in that genre.

The next day, my profile and all the music was deleted. WTF is that? Don't they got better things to do? Anyways, screw Soundclick. Anyone know any better hosts and providers?

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Looks like they are doing some house cleaning, I have a couple of accounts that I never uploaded anything to that are about to be delted.. No big deal to me tho.
Thats crazy that they would do that to you, I havent heard of that unless you were ripping off someones songs or something...
Maybe remixes they dont allow anymore?
Actually they have had that "gonna be deleted" on the inactive ones for wuite awhile and they still havent deleted them.

T

The Arkitekt

that's BS.

I see a lot of reverbnation. Maybe try that?

they got some nice ass widgets too.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
reverbnation is really cool so far. good way to keep track of who's listening

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
I had a Raggaeton track that stayed at the top of the Latin charts on sound click for like 6 months. Raggaeton is a subgenre in Latin music at the time they didn't have a str8 Raggaeton section. They asked me to move it to Raggaeton once they opened it where I would have lost my chart position and would've have gotten less hits, I refused and they deleted my account. The other people on the latin charts where the ones complaining to them. I haven't fucked with sound click since!

KurtisRich

Pussy Monster
ill o.g.
I had a Raggaeton track that stayed at the top of the Latin charts on sound click for like 6 months. Raggaeton is a subgenre in Latin music at the time they didn't have a str8 Raggaeton section. They asked me to move it to Raggaeton once they opened it where I would have lost my chart position and would've have gotten less hits, I refused and they deleted my account. The other people on the latin charts where the ones complaining to them. I haven't fucked with sound click since!

Lol exactly what happened to me. Let's boycott soundclick

MagnaOpera

Comes Equipped...
ill o.g.
LOL wtf man genres are totally subjective... but if an artist claims that their music is in a particular genre I think they'd be more "right" than someone objectively saying that they're in a different genre... that's pretty fucked up.

MagnaOpera

Comes Equipped...
ill o.g.
careful of reverbnation, if you read the "fine print", what I gleaned from it was that they essentially reserve the right to sell anything you upload to their website without your consent and without informing you, at any time.

Gotta watch out for that shit guys. Server space ain't free. It's rare that you're ever getting "something" for nothing. Ya dig? Best way to do is to buy hosting with a legitimate webhosting company and sell your own shit. Cut out the middle man. Looks 10x more "professional" anyways. cell2dee.com>reverbnation.com/cell2dee

KurtisRich

Pussy Monster
ill o.g.
careful of reverbnation, if you read the "fine print", what I gleaned from it was that they essentially reserve the right to sell anything you upload to their website without your consent and without informing you, at any time.

Gotta watch out for that shit guys. Server space ain't free. It's rare that you're ever getting "something" for nothing. Ya dig? Best way to do is to buy hosting with a legitimate webhosting company and sell your own shit. Cut out the middle man. Looks 10x more "professional" anyways. cell2dee.com>reverbnation.com/cell2dee

Good thinking. Maybe I might just tag all my music I post now lol.

38th||

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
This in not uncommon from soundclick as of late. Not only account holders but friends of account holders have been getting deleted also.

Soundclick is owed by a law firm that specializes in intellectual property and business law...I think out of Atlanta. My best guess is that revenue is down and they are looking for investors, which means spring cleaning of the site....unfortunately, saying they deleted 500,000 accounts looks better than saying they deleted 100,000 accounts and got 400,000 to update their genres, which is bogus anyway. Lastly, these guys have to be grossly understaffed...its much easier to delete than micromanage.

38th||

Beatmaker
ill o.g.

Also, not uncommon..almost all mp3 sites have conditions where they are allowed to use your music without you knowing it. Its a stipulation of signing up. If they want to put you music in an ad or make a compilation cd they can.

I agree, best advice is to host your own site...the pros outweigh the cons by far.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Another reason why to keep your music offline and grind your music IN PERSON.....just like how it was done years ago.....

members online