Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I got this email from Soundcloud:

Bringing
lossless HD
storage and downloads to all
You are receiving this email because you have uploaded at least one track to SoundCloud.

Part of SoundCloud's commitment to connecting creators with the world's largest community of music fans includes safeguarding your master audio files with higher quality, more flexible storage and recovery features than any other audio platform.

To bring our highest quality file-management solution to more creators, we've made some changes to the platform that might affect you:

Starting today, every SoundCloud creator will be able to upload, store and download their original lossless HD files. This feature set was previously only available to Pro Unlimited subscribers. You can learn why uploading lossless HD files is an important way for you to protect your work here.

To make lossless HD file management free to all, starting December 9th, our free upload limit will change from 3 hours of audio, to 3 hours or 15 tracks. This will not impact existing uploads. Learn how this change might affect you at our Help Center.

If you’re interested in uploading without limits, from now until December 16, SoundCloud is offering 30% off of Pro Unlimited which includes unlimited uploads, access to advanced stats and more.

So basically this means you won't be able to have more than 15 tracks!?! It seems like they're moving to a payment-based platform, which is fine but it's a bit pricey. I remember a while back they had financial trouble so they let go of staff, if I'm not mistaken.

I was looking around and saw some people recommending Audius. I haven't tried it yet, but here's the link:

And here's an article about Audius and Soundcloud:

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Audius @Fade supports piracy so nix that one. Try:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
It's not piracy, it's more about the freedom. The reason is because for example if I do a mix, it could get flagged by sites like Souncloud and Youtube. Whereas Audius is looking to compensate everyone. Orfium is another good site too. The bottom line is these sites have think way ahead because nowadays everyone has the "this is mine, that's mine" mentality which hurts creativity, i.e. today's hip hop garbage.

I was going to say that there is a difference between supporting piracy and supporting free speech/ free creativity.

Soundcloud has really gone downhill, hardly anybody comments anymore, and those that do are trying to sell you exposure, which is fake plays, to tempt you in they just throw a hundred random plays on your track like thats going to convince you it is in any way genuine. About time somebody else came along to replace Soundcloud how it replaced Soundclick, and how Facebook replaced Myspace. When companies go corporate they lose their soul, music needs soul.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
When companies go corporate they lose their soul, music needs soul.
:up2:

Well, it's the same with anything - it's how the people use it. I for one am sick of the music industry and everyone trying to claim stuff, plus all these rules and restrictions. It's what has killed creativity for many. I say let's embrace new platforms that are willing to try something different.

Well, it's the same with anything - it's how the people use it. I for one am sick of the music industry and everyone trying to claim stuff, plus all these rules and restrictions. It's what has killed creativity for many. I say let's embrace new platforms that are willing to try something different.
I couldnt agree more. We need to embrace creativity, not stifle it.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Now they've changed their minds lol:

Upload limits are not changing on Monday

Earlier this week, we announced our intention to change our upload limit. We’ve spent the last few days since the announcement listening to you, learning from what you’ve said, and reflecting about what makes SoundCloud special as an open platform that helps creators of all types express themselves.

And we heard you. We’ve decided not to roll out the change to our free upload limits, and will continue to refine our balance of free and paid offerings to make the platform as creative and accessible as possible while building a sustainable business.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
The man @Fade to point fingers at for the this is mine mentality which is rooted in litigiousness is Aaron Fuchs as he is the father of going after any little man or woman who samples.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
When you said

That's why I said
The man @Fade to point fingers at for the this is mine mentality which is rooted in litigiousness is Aaron Fuchs as he is the father of going after any little man or woman who samples.