Speeding up to 160-180 BPM

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
What's cool with the Reason RedDrum, is that you can double time the drum pattern. So what i do is make a beat in around 80 bpm, than have one RedDrum for the kick and snare and another for the hi-hat that I double time.

To do that you need to turn that knob that is in the right of the step counter, and you put it a 1/32 or however you want it

ill o.g.
Dam I've never even attempted to double time, don't do much southern shit neway I hate the lil hats they have freakin rat tattin (they sound so weak) if I do something crunk then it usually ends up something totally different like half westcost half crunk... but then again I might try that tonight c if it actually helps on other beats not crunk.... n what about using rex files in reason wouldn't they all go too fast when u fitted em to the track or is there a way to make the rex go like 80 n then the tempo 160 ?

breal

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
D.O.S.A.G.E 06 said:
Dam I've never even attempted to double time, don't do much southern shit neway I hate the lil hats they have freakin rat tattin (they sound so weak) if I do something crunk then it usually ends up something totally different like half westcost half crunk... but then again I might try that tonight c if it actually helps on other beats not crunk.... n what about using rex files in reason wouldn't they all go too fast when u fitted em to the track or is there a way to make the rex go like 80 n then the tempo 160 ?

When Qwerty said double time it is not really time double because the beat is still 80
bpm.It just that step counter is at 1/32 so it sounds twice as half.Notes are just closer.
This has no effect on what you do will Dr Rex.

ill o.g.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sorry didn't read the qwerty thing... lol it was the last post b4 mine too, but yea thanks that helped.

M

MakeTunes

When using Reason I'd just shift the Redrums "Resolution" up to 1/32 as mentioned.

I've actually used some drum tracks I created at 180bpm for drum n bass too. Just slowed down the bpm in Reason to 90bpm, and used that as the drum track for a hiphop tune. Can be quite useful to come up with new drum programming styles when you start chopping ad changing musical genres.