The business of getting high...

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Sorry to hear about that, very very sad. But weed in itself is not the problem, its your friends/family/etc.'s choice to be not do anything with their life. Weed doesn't make anyone lazy, if it did then how are soooo many successful stoners, successful?

People need to stop making excuses for their choices in my opinion..

Thanks, and true it is a family friends issue. But its a weed thing I've done numerous things as well as their parents and other friends.

twice I did NOTHING, both count'em BOTH became zombies, only when high. When they came down they couldnt do anything but find some weed, they were disfunctional. Anxiety, irrationality all the tell tale signs of an addict. Im not talking play video games lazy, nor get a job just to buy weed type lazy, I'm talkin wont even get up to SELL drugs, to PAY for weed type lazy

Once, I interviened. Me his parents and all his friends all wouldnt allow his to smoke, nothing changed for a year. The next year, him and my other frind jump into it together. I lose one friend, the other burns out, has a kid and gets himself together

I have a student, 15 years old. Comes to the studio high constantly. Can focus, cant write. All he does is freestyle and talk shit. He came in sober one day, couldnt focuse, couldnt sit still.

The list goes on, 3 of my friends Parents, cops, the shit is real!

EVERYBODY! had aspirations and goals. I swear, several of them inspired ME to be who I am today. They started smoking and were NEVER the same. Like I said, I wouldnt believe it if the shit aint happen in front of me SOO many times. Ima need to see some scientific chemical reaction documents to prove me other wise. I should write a book on this shit foreal. I wasnt trying to battle weed but it continues, I cant stand for that shit. no more

Quality

Godson of the Clapper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 19
Thanks, and true it is a family friends issue. But its a weed thing I've done numerous things as well as their parents and other friends.

twice I did NOTHING, both count'em BOTH became zombies, only when high. When they came down they couldnt do anything but find some weed, they were disfunctional. Anxiety, irrationality all the tell tale signs of an addict. Im not talking play video games lazy, nor get a job just to buy weed type lazy, I'm talkin wont even get up to SELL drugs, to PAY for weed type lazy

Once, I interviened. Me his parents and all his friends all wouldnt allow his to smoke, nothing changed for a year. The next year, him and my other frind jump into it together. I lose one friend, the other burns out, has a kid and gets himself together

I have a student, 15 years old. Comes to the studio high constantly. Can focus, cant write. All he does is freestyle and talk shit. He came in sober one day, couldnt focuse, couldnt sit still.

The list goes on, 3 of my friends Parents, cops, the shit is real!

EVERYBODY! had aspirations and goals. I swear, several of them inspired ME to be who I am today. They started smoking and were NEVER the same. Like I said, I wouldnt believe it if the shit aint happen in front of me SOO many times. Ima need to see some scientific chemical reaction documents to prove me other wise. I should write a book on this shit foreal. I wasnt trying to battle weed but it continues, I cant stand for that shit. no more

I feel you bro but I guess I just disagree that is strictly marijuana's fault that they choose not to do shit. Pretty sad to see people in your life become a shell of who they used to be.. but nonetheless weed doesn't force anyone to do anything.. it is the person who chooses to do what they do, whether under the influence or sober. I have NEVER felt unable to control my thoughts, actions, words etc. sober or high.. that is exactly why I just don't believe weed is soley responsible for anyones self destruction. Agree to disagree homie..

Quality

Godson of the Clapper
ill o.g.

lol I agree with the cannabis activist who posted underneath:

"First of all, it is an extremely small sample size (3 people out of the millions of daily marijuana smokers). There were only 3 case studies, only two of which died, and only one of those who died tested positive for marijuana. The article says: "The failure to identify marijuana in the second case presented may reflect the 4-day delay between use (based on the history) and testing." Now, anybody who has smoked marijuana before knows that it stays in your system for up to a month, especially if you "excessively consume" it as you stated above. The fact that they couldn't find any evidence after only four days makes me question the validity of the claims that he did indeed consume cannabis. Also, the fact that one half of the number of people who reportedly have died from cannabis due to it causing a cerebellar infarction, didn't even test positive for marijuana is, in my opinion, a major blow against the article's validity"

& later..

"In conclusion, this report is more full of holes than a target at a shooting range. To me, after reading the report and looking at it critically, it appears to me to be a report from a scientist who had an opinion about something, and scoured around until he could find a few examples to back up his opinion. The problem with reports like that, is people see what they want to see, not necessarily what is actually there. The fact that such a scientist could only find 3 such cases, one of which who had no evidence of marijuana use even, well, to me that even reinforces the notion even more that marijuana is the safest recreational drug. Even if you believe this studies, the number of deaths directly attributed to marijuana is still in the single digits, which is so ridiculously less than alcohol that it isn't even funny."

And this also posted underneath by Elizabeth H. Crane, Ph.D., M.P.H. from the Drug Abuse Warning Network:

"The numbers of deaths where marijuana was listed as the only drug was
too small to report (fewer than 4 deaths). Without further
investigation, though, we don't know whether the medical examiner
decided that these deaths were directly caused by marijuana or whether
marijuana was a contributing factor. "

Thanks for looking up info for me, but this info on deaths "caused" by marijuana doesn't prove that herb is damaging to the body. I'm ready to consider actual facts that report proven harmful affects of weed, but I have yet to seen any. Good looks tho homie

Quality

Godson of the Clapper
ill o.g.
Well bro, like I said in my post earlier, it's a choice.

To use mary jane.. of course I agree, this isn't what we were even discussing and I'm not trying to make you change your point of view... but saying it has damaging effects on the body without ANY proven facts to back it up like I asked for doesn't make any sense to me.

its all good tho, i'm not looking to debate anything. i'm just looking for facts cause i hate when ignorant people tell me something such as weed is bad for you.. i have yet to see such factual info

ahh time 2 blaze 1 lol

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Speaking of making points, like I've said several times, do what you gotta do. No foul here. I'm just against the personal use of illegal drugs, I don't have any control over what you guys do and once you've made up your minds that you're gonna do it then thats what it is.

I agree. I am never pro-illegal. My boys always pulled off beer runs and shit but I was never down. But that is what I found most eye opening about the doc. There is really no good reason for weed to be illegal. They keep it illegal so it doesn't compete with other legal drugs.

And that's the funny part. There are certain drugs that come out and then they end up banded because they find out about some messed up side effect of the drug. Like Zicam.

I been drunk before. Did dumb shit. Had really bad reactions to alcohol.

But I smoked. I just laughed a lot and realized a bunch of deep shit.

I think it is wrong for so many people to be imprisoned over a plant.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
To use mary jane.. of course I agree, this isn't what we were even discussing and I'm not trying to make you change your point of view... but saying it has damaging effects on the body without ANY proven facts to back it up like I asked for doesn't make any sense to me.

its all good tho, i'm not looking to debate anything. i'm just looking for facts cause i hate when ignorant people tell me something such as weed is bad for you.. i have yet to see such factual info

ahh time 2 blaze 1 lol

Quality, I've showed you how THC damages your body but you choose not to except that as valid proof.
Quality said:
"lol those maybe effects, but none seem damaging to me. The only ones that I really see on that page is memory loss, which isn't proven, and fungi forming mold.. possible yet very unlikely"
The proof that I gave was not from me, it was from resources that most people deem credible, yet your denial of that proof stems from YOUR point of view ONLY. I don't know but you may very well be qualified to reject it from a scientific standpoint or you may just choose not to except it. Either way, the choice is yours bro and I can't knock that. So, it is what it is with that.

@Om -
Ominous said:
They keep it illegal so it doesn't compete with other legal drugs.
Ahhh, but they didn't keep it illegal...remember, they made it legal and actually made it a law for farmers to grow it at one point. They still prescribe it today as medicine and just like Zicam, it comes with side effects that are bad for your body. Now from a competition view, if it were all about competing with other legal drugs, then a smart financial move would be to make it legal, regulate it and profit from it, right?

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_Abuse_Warning_Network

"Hospitals participating in DAWN are non-federal, short-stay general hospitals that feature a 24-hour emergency department. Patients are never interviewed. All data are collected through a retrospective review of patient medical records and decedent case files."

Do you have a different source the D.A.W.N?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Actually I don't Kontents, to be honest with you, I just googled that to get info for Quality. One of the things that I learned from the video was that there is very little research and data available (and the video used that to support their view). My stand is really from seeing what illegal drugs (in general) do to people, kids, families and so on...

Quality

Godson of the Clapper
ill o.g.
Quality, I've showed you how THC damages your body but you choose not to except that as valid proof.

Where?

You showed me the effects of THC wiki- saw nothing damaging to the body on that page, other than unproven memory loss and very rare fungi formation.

& you showed me 2 links of deaths caused by marijuana.. which didn't prove whether the deaths were directly caused by marijuana or just a contributing factor. Neither of these links said anything about marijuana negatively affecting the body.

So if you did show me, I must have missed it, so please copy and paste those facts so that myself & others can be informed.

Actually I don't Kontents, to be honest with you, I just googled that to get info for Quality. One of the things that I learned from the video was that there is very little research and data available (and the video used that to support their view). My stand is really from seeing what illegal drugs (in general) do to people, kids, families and so on...

Your view is already biased by lumping cannabis in with crack cocaine and heroin.
You cannot generalise cannabis into the same category as those because it is so different and a completely different substance, just because its illegal doesnt make it the same.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
LMAO, here's another write on Cannibis and its effects by the British Lung Foundation.

http://www.lunguk.org/media-and-campaigning/media-centre/lung-stats-and-facts/cannabis

Who is the BLF?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Lung_Foundation

Once again, I can't make you believe anything and if thats what you're looking for, then theres no need going back and forth with this. If you want to blaze, then blaze on. If you want to really look at this and approach it with an open mind then here's your answer, else, go to the Sample Flip Forum and flip that Cymande Beat and post it...lol

@2Good - I didn't make it illegal therefore I didn't put it in the same class...lol. Illegal drugs are Illegal drugs, I don't know of any different classes of illegal drugs.

Man, y'all are really digging deep with these come backs!

Quality

Godson of the Clapper
ill o.g.
First of all these aren't comebacks, these are replies. This isn't an argument, its a discussion.

"It is difficult to ascertain whether or not the inhalation of cannabis smoke causes damage to the lungs and airways independently of the tobacco smoke or not."

Some of the facts were in accordance with Tobacco. So what did I learn tho?

"higher prevalence of chronic and acute respiratory symptoms"

"likely to weaken the immune system"

"possible link between cannabis smoking and COPD has not yet been conclusively established"

"THC in cannabis has been shown to have a bronchodilator effect. This has led to suggestions that THC may have therapeutic benefits in asthma"

"the noxious gases, chronic airway irritation or malignancy after long term use associated with smoking would seem to negate these benefits"

"greater increase in cellular abnormalities indicating a cumulative effect"

"greater respiratory burden of carbon monoxide"

Cool. Now I know higher chances for coughing more, weaker immune system to fight common colds, abnormal cell formations, and irritation of the throat, but it is difficult to tell whether cannabis smoke actually harms the throat or lungs w/o tobacco use involved. Great thats all I wanted to know, I never said it would change my mind about smoking, I just wanted to know the possible harmful effects. No need to say I don't have an open mind bout this because I'm pro green, I've jus been looking for factual info.

On the flipside, I'm sure theres plenty more benefits to weed than those 4-5 facts against it..

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Cool. Now I know higher chances for coughing more, weaker immune system to fight common colds, abnormal cell formations, and irritation of the throat, but it is difficult to tell whether cannabis smoke actually harms the throat or lungs w/o tobacco use involved. Great thats all I wanted to know, I never said it would change my mind about smoking, I just wanted to know the possible harmful effects.

It's all good, now that we got that clear, I gotta ask...other than it getting you right before you make beats...what is it that makes you desire to smoke weed? Back in my late teens and early twenties, I smoked it because most of my friends did but other than that, I really didn't need it. I blazed up a few times in college before taking tests but I found that I couldn't focus as well when I was high so I stopped doing that. Then I used to blaze before hitting the club but then I found that I couldn't really get my game on. Even getting the munchies afterwards wasn't all that great after a while.

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
It's all good, now that we got that clear, I gotta ask...other than it getting you right before you make beats...what is it that makes you desire to smoke weed? Back in my late teens and early twenties, I smoked it because most of my friends did but other than that, I really didn't need it. I blazed up a few times in college before taking tests but I found that I couldn't focus as well when I was high so I stopped doing that. Then I used to blaze before hitting the club but then I found that I couldn't really get my game on. Even getting the munchies afterwards wasn't all that great after a while.

It's personal preference. I smoke generally to ease stress and take a second to relax and forget about how frivolous life's difficult times can get. Some people turn to Alcohol after a days work and that's fine for them, but some people would rather not drink to relax...hence weed.

If I had to choose between Alc and weed I would choose weed and make Alc the illegal substance. Alc has killed two of my close family members and is proof to me as to what is really the harsher of the two substances.

@2Good - I didn't make it illegal therefore I didn't put it in the same class...lol. Illegal drugs are Illegal drugs, I don't know of any different classes of illegal drugs.

You are missing my point, my point had nothing to do with the legalities, you used that as a basis of judgement not me. If you want to categorize weed by harm to the body then it is the same category as tea or coffee. Not processed highly addictive drugs like cocaine or heroin and even tobacco. The whole point is that judging it just because it is illegal and throwing it in with hard drugs like they are the same is putting a very biased edge on the argument.
Instead of judging it by legality and judging it by actual bodily harm or effect on others then that argument just doesnt stand up to reality.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Ahhh, but they didn't keep it illegal...remember, they made it legal and actually made it a law for farmers to grow it at one point. They still prescribe it today as medicine and just like Zicam, it comes with side effects that are bad for your body. Now from a competition view, if it were all about competing with other legal drugs, then a smart financial move would be to make it legal, regulate it and profit from it, right?

LOL.... you're right. IT WAS LEGAL. But did you see why it became illegal? If it was once legal, what triggered it to be illegal? It was the competition it gave other industries. Paper mills. Medicine. Petroleum.

It would be a smart financial move for those WHO PROFIT. If you watched the Wall Street sequel, that principle was the big twist in the movie. I don't want to describe it cuz I don't want to spoil it for anyone but you see this principle played out with Akai.

If they put 16 pads on the MPC500 and included ALL the features the 1000, 2500 and 4000 had, no one would have a reason to by any other MPC models. So if Akai made the 500 too awesome, it would kill all their other models. Which means a financial disaster for them.

So to answer your question, no it wouldn't be smart for them because they'd be cutting their own throats.

Why would I sell you a cheaper 99 cent hamburger when I can sell you a 5 dollar hamburger?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
You are missing my point, my point had nothing to do with the legalities, you used that as a basis of judgement not me. If you want to categorize weed by harm to the body then it is the same category as tea or coffee. Not processed highly addictive drugs like cocaine or heroin and even tobacco. The whole point is that judging it just because it is illegal and throwing it in with hard drugs like they are the same is putting a very biased edge on the argument.
Instead of judging it by legality and judging it by actual bodily harm or effect on others then that argument just doesnt stand up to reality.

No my friend you're missing the point. So let me get this straight...you're saying that if a person says "weed is an illegal drug", it makes them biased because cocaine and heroin are also illegal drugs? C'mon 2Good. Lets look back...you quoted and highlited me as saying "My stand is really from seeing what illegal drugs (in general) do to people, kids, families and so on..." and then you said "Your view is already biased by lumping cannabis in with crack cocaine and heroin.
You cannot generalise cannabis into the same category as those because it is so different and a completely different substance, just because its illegal doesnt make it the same." I never said it was the same, I said it's an illegal drug, thats it.

Kontents said:
It's personal preference. I smoke generally to ease stress and take a second to relax and forget about how frivolous life's difficult times can get.
Your first sentence really sums it all up and I've been saying that from the 2nd post I made. Now as far as your second sentence, I understand where you're coming from but is there NO other way that you can achieve the same thing without smoking weed?

@Ominous - I understand where you're coming from but there is absolutely no product on the planet that you could sell cheaper than the government could, none, nada. Thats why the government has control over alc. and tobacco.

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Your first sentence really sums it all up and I've been saying that from the 2nd post I made. Now as far as your second sentence, I understand where you're coming from but is there NO other way that you can achieve the same thing without smoking weed?

Personally my mind races far too much to find a non stimulating exercise to shut off and not stress. Sure I could go for a walk find a hobby to sit down and do, but my mind still takes off on whatever may be troubling me at that time. The whole achievement I receive from smoking is relaxation and a break from the norm.

members online