the dirty

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Oh yeah , Hell yeah, Outkast is always on top of the game, period! Mike Jones was on Swisha house for a minute but now he's signed to a major label and that's why he's all out there wit everything.. The reason I used Field Mob is because them cat's (to me atleast) speak the truth.. Usually cats that would dig Outkast would dig Field Mob (check out Ashy to Classy)... And I just wanted to throw a name out there that wasn't as big as Outkast... So anyone that doesn't like southern Music should look into them cats, they drop some nice lines... Yeah, there is definitly more to the south then what people see and hear on Bet and Mtv...

WORDAMOUPH

NUPHONIX PRODUKTIONS
ill o.g.
I agree with calssic about everybody seeing the south as one thing. I aint from the south but being from the westcoast I can relate. We get tagged with that "gangsta rap" shit. No doubt Cali is gangsta but its also alot of other things. We got a huge underground scene ova here. Its interesting to see how the peoples that are not from these places , Like the CAlI, NY or the dirty South are the ones who see shit from that angle. It comes to show what a big influence the commercial and the media have on the minds of the rest of the world, they only show shit from one angle. SO to all u cats tagging a whole Coast or a region with these INDUSTRY LABELS, Yall need to go these place and see whats going on before yall make these broad assumptions!

Teknology

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
you all cant forget ugk them dudes been doin it for years they real pioneers down here in the south ( Free Pimp C)

there is big thangs happening down here in the south i dont know about other parts of the country but we got so many white rappers down here that are the fuckin shit, way better than eminem too me not the old eminem but the eminem of today, little by little i think white rappers are getting more respect but people need to ignore that shit they see on tv makin fun of white rappers, like i seen a t-mobile commercial yesterday and they had a couple white guys and an asian guy dressed like rappers and they was actin all corny and shit, truth is there are some hard ass white folks out there that have grew up just as poor and lived just as rough as any black person you all check www.whiteboyscantrap.com and watch the trailer for the documentary made by my man lexx lugger

Donovan

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Those southern rappers and crunk n b chicks are killin the yearly summer reggae hits dammit.

Slim Thug Tha Bowss still my hombre tho

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Yea example u get cool points for that shit field mob is the shit and ashy to classy is such an orginal album. They have their own sound.

I just want people to see the south is not just one way or one thing.. THings are totally differnt in florida then they are in GA, or albama, each state and city has its own style and flavor

class...

J

J- The Truth

So who should I be checkin for out the south, I'm from Milwaukee, and I swear we got a southern fascination up here. I know a lotta folks up here came from Down South though. (My momma was born in raised in Mississppi in the backwoods in the 50's and 60's) But I know about Paul Wall, 334 Mobb (from Alabama I think) and some other folks like Gucci Mane, but I know theres some more cats, more conscious cats, now don't get me wrong I love it all, I just know theres a perception about the south and that is that all they care about is "Sittin Sidewayz". Put me up on some game, I used to be up on it, early UGK, early No Limit (Im talkin Down South Hustlers type of shit) 8 Ball and Mjg. You know the true legends along with Outkast, Geto Boys,etc.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Its funny u mentioned that j-the truth casue i have noticed that. Just like everyone was biting NY back in the days. No everyone is biting southern styles. in michian and ohio , as well as maryland and DC are tryin to claim that "southern" culture. its hilirous!!

CHeck for david banner, he is the truth, get both of his albums.

class...

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
Teknology said:
nahh man they some really deep talented dudes underground down here especially haystak,i sware if you havnt listened to this dude your missing out his last album is one of the best ive ever heard
tru tru ima look him up ..and ill let u knoe

Donovan

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
e.porter said:
he's a hell of a producer too, but everyone's sleepin' on him.

My guy and I were arguing about this earlier this week.. Didn't he produce "Like A Pimp"?

-Donovan