The Flying Guitar - "Jeux Interdits"

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166
@smokaz I dig what you did with the sample and the tape reverse thing. I found myself whistling the melody at lunch.

I am not sure about the high pitched sound that happens at 1:20 and at the end.

Also, I tend to always like a beat which features more variations or movement. But that's just me maybe, I always put too much in mine.

So here is my (very different) take on this sample flip. I tried to spend less time than I usually do, to see if it works when I don't overthink things... Maybe still too much. Dunno. You guys thoughts ?

Nothing here yet.

smokaz

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Hi yannfer
thanks for the comments

I always make a beat and leave some word on it to make it more punchy.
yours remind me uk Rap like roots manueva, less melodic more rythmic.

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127
@smokaz I agree with Yanfer... reversing the sample sounds dope, there is one harsh sound in the middle that can be brought down and your drums can be heavier.
@YannFer I like how you start this, the piano you've added sounds perfect...But when you bring your drums, I didn't expect that you surprised me, I was expecting more smooth beat, but it's ok like this, i guess...it's different.
@Dez-NYCe Your flip is dope, I like how you use small pieces, Drums are very nice, maybe some eq on the bass...
Well here is mine, I was trying this screen recording software, so I recorded my screen(And also I ran out of space here) I'm turning my processes on the samples one by one...and then I bring the rest of the beat which is a 2bar loop basically

@smokaz very nice work;chilled-could use another variation(the high pitched bit is aiming for this i guess?but could be fleshed out alot more) thrown in but the sample flip is nice good work
@YannFer really good work-went all electronicy on the beat-as above, was not expecting this-but the variations are sweet
@Dez-NYCe loved the dark vibes on this-the only thing that puts me off is the higher pitched guitar loop that runs pretty much throughout-it's hard to explain , iots in the main loop/variation beginning at 20 seconds-I'd soften it a bit, but maybe a matter of opinion. That said, it was my fav
@crosstevsky Excellent processing of the samples-and awesome seeing a little of the process too-the software looks familiar-is it ableton? awesome and chilled-great work

here's my effort-short n sweet-didn't want to flesh it out too much :)

or here...

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166
Thanks for the feedback, all you.

@Dez-NYCe I like your beat. Reminds me of that Ghost Dog OST by RZA.
@crosstevsky Neat work on the loop. The drums are great too. I guess it could blend together a bit more. Also, I very much like the idea of a video showing the process. I'd like to do that on mine somedays.
@nottr The drums are hitting really hard. In a good way (is there a bad way ?). Though the sample is nicely chopped, I don't feel the melody, it is very raw. Which can be good with a rapper toplining. Good work.

Regarding your comments on mine. I agree the transition could be less sudden. I am always worried if it takes too long to get to the good/crazy part, people get bored. I need to find a balance I guess.

iDull

I knock this out in like 24 hours. I wanted to remixD Conway the machine to make it more interesting.

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127
@smokaz Dope Samples chops. I like how you reverse!

@YannFer The intro is dope!

@Dez-NYCe I like the drum break you used on this one.

@crosstevsky The whole piece is dope bro! I them stuttering Hi-Hats that come in and out.

@nottr Dope Chops!!

@iDull Tha acapella thooo! Dope asp!

I had a hard time coming up with some chops.
This is dope as it is, dope drums... developing it further would be nice, like adding other sounds...

members online

No members online now.