The Flying Guitar - "Jeux Interdits"

sounds good, nice arrangement and overall composition...but I'm dissapointed on how little you used from the actual sample...i would switch that brass with someting smoother, piano maybe...that flute is dope dough.
Its only the third beat Ive ever made in FL, give a guy a break hahahahaha. Im really loving working it out though.

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127
I dont like to see a man disappointed, so heres another flip using more of the sample
Nothing here yet.
Oh now this is now more like it... as previous... nice composition and chord changes. Make the kick harder, remove that samba whistle or cricket (I don't know what it is) and you're good to go :) I feel better... Thanks :biggrin:

@smokaz

Nothing here yet.

Yes very different, Im not sure if that drum pattern really works, everything else seems to be on point

@Dez-NYCe This is a dope flip, just enough variation to keep things interesting. Good work.

@nottr This is really nice, the drums bang, good variation throughout, kept me interested all the way to the end.

Last edited:

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127
Ive finished my second flip now, cleaned up the mix, and changed that sound @crosstevsky was talking about, added some more obvious variation so its not too repetitive. Starting to get to grips with the FL workflow now, its growing on me pretty fast.

Nothing here yet.
Sounds a lot better, congratulations on putting up such production while learning a new daw. When I'm learning a new daw usualy the result is: destroyed mouse, inventing new curse words, disturbed mental health, and a crappy 1 bar drum loop... :)

Sounds a lot better, congratulations on putting up such production while learning a new daw. When I'm learning a new daw usualy the result is: destroyed mouse, inventing new curse words, disturbed mental health, and a crappy 1 bar drum loop... :)
It took me a while to get past the 1 bar crappy drum loop stage, as for mixing, its pretty universal, the only differences are routing methods and which stock plugins are available, and how good they are.

I think Im finally past the point of being overwhelmed by the interface, Im banging beats together quicker than I have in years.