The Last Of Jay-z??

• beat this! voting starts in...

Knock Out

Rap's Genious
ill o.g.
What do you guys think? Is this it for the self-made rap genious? I personally don't think he'll be able to just not rap anymore at the mere age of 33... but who knows. I'm sure he has big plans for himself in the future. I have a bootlegged copy of the Black Album, and here's what I know: every track is a different producer. Eminem, Dre, Just Blaze, Timbo, etc. The beats are fire, and Jay-Z's lyrics are still just as hot as they're always been. He has no prime, he's just always nice. *Everyone out there needs to stop hatin, cause I garentee it's the haters that made him feel to old to keep goin... he's nicer than any of the teenagers I STILL hear these days. Respect the man, he may the be nicest ever. I'm talking even OVER B.I.G and Pac - Jay-Z's lyrics are clever and his wordplay is nice. I guess I basically just made this topic to hear what you guys think about him retiring. I personally am PISSED - he's been my favorite for years.

E

Equality 7-2521

doesnt bother me a bit. no more putting up with him and his wack hoes on mtv. but as long as he still has those wack hoes up in his video clips he will still be able to sell records.

nicest EVER? your funny

peace

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
FUNNY INDEED, iM GLAD i DONT GOTTA PUT UP WiT HiM EiTHER, iVE BEEN A SHAWN HATER FOR A MiNUTE NOW (EVER SiNCE AFTER REASONABLE DOUBT) BUT HONESTLY i FEEL LIKE THiS CD iS DOPE FROM WHAT iVE HEARD, HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN MAKiN MUSiC LiKE THiS HiS WHOLE CAREER. WHY WAiT UNTiL NOW TO MAKE REAL MUSiC.
CiTY!!!

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Do some more research on Jay'z age player, try 38...LOL he fudged the numbers a lil bit to stay appealing and marketable...but anyhow you won't be able to keep him from a Mic, I bet you that, now whether it's his last album maybe for a lil while....hahahaha

Knock Out

Rap's Genious
ill o.g.
Yo, that's halarious you guys are saying shit like, "he's only on TV because of his hoes." I'm from a part of New York where just about EVERYONE I know listens to Jay-Z, so I guess if anything it just proves you guys have different taste. I look at his lyrics, and you can just tell he's the type to write on the spot in the studio, which I respect more than anything. Also, ummm, did you guys hear the "Flava In Ya Ear" remix? HE KILLED THAT SHIT, and that wasn't even that long ago. Maybe he isn't the nicest EVER, I'll take that back, but you guys just sound stupid talking about him like he's wack. I can't even really name a rapper ALIVE right now that IS nicer. Who, name one?? 50??? 50's lyrics are the most basic in the game, keep guessing. Jadakiss? Ok, there's someone atleast a little more up to par.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
He's definitely not wack if you really listen to the shidd he weaves in his lyrics, one of kind so that to me accounts for him to get the respect and also his ability to rhyme to anything with a consistent beat...LOL....I don't know if the next to rise and fill his shoes is really out here right now but I do think a new hot legend will shine through these weak commercial and bling based rappers out right now...

nobodyfamous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
the best ever...ha...no!
he is good though, he doesnt even really write, it almost like a freestyle thing, i saw that on when they showed some clips of him in the studio
i use to not like him that much either, he grew on me in some areas, that blueprint 2 for instance was a disappointment
38??? i kinda beleive that, hell dre about that age too..they all gettin old..lol

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
UMMMM, SiNCE WHEN WAS SHAWN ON THE FLAVA iN YOUR REMIX???
WASNT THAT LONG AGO????
ARE U SERIOUS.
JUST WAiT TiL NAS DROPS HiS SHiT....iTS A WRAP.

E

Equality 7-2521

knock out.......is 50 cent and jadakiss all you can think of. if i could be bothered or if i had the incentive, i could name over 100 rappers who are nicer than jayz.

fame_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
To me a jayz albums is only good for the time and the effort he puts in it....Now that its known tha jayz walks in the booth and just drops the rhyme in maybe one take now that i have listen to this black album and many more it really starts to sound like it cause really jayz has nothing to talk about....it sometimes makes me wonder how ill his shit would really been if he had only tooking time to puts words on a pen and pad gave a lil throught of what to say and how to say it. To me Jayz was real great up til the Dynasty album(the worse he has made next to the blueprint two) The blue print one was his 3rd best behind hardknock life and Vol1.( sorry guys i didnt become a real jayz fan off his first cd and still dont like it much) The black album is good for the time....nothing really knew or different..on the real i think if all the producers gave jayz all the beats he used on the black album at the same time this Jayz could have recorded this whole cd in a month...i dont see alot of thought put into it just whats on jayz mind the time he hears the beat.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Yo Knock Out,,,I'm in NJ and evrybody is on Jay's dick too,,but Jus cause everybody listens to him dont mean he's that great. He's not. And "Flava in ya ear, remix"???? When did he do that? I owned that recoed back when I was DJayin and I only remember,,,Craig,Big,LL,Busta Bus, and Ramp on the remix. But what I'm sayin is I personally dont feel somebody cause other cats like him. The dude was tight in his early days,,but my man got lazy...Plus, I can name quite a few Mcees that would devastate Jay. Come on people,,when sales make you the "Best of all time" that seema alil shallow!

soundboy2

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
With music, hip hop in perticular, image plays a large part in how people like you It's not just the music. So most people who don;t like him, I think , it because what he represents, and his image that they are tired of. But I don;t see how you can honestly say he can't flow. IF he was a no name posting songs in the showcase, everybody would be llike he's nice. I think he has made some good songs, and some bad. His flow is good, his subject matter could be broader. And he records his song to close together, they will bascailly have the same feel cause he records them in the same time frame. Call me crazy but dude can go on the mic.

S

StaffChamp

That song meet the parents....that stuff was ill...Jigga still has talent, and the reason his career has lasted so long is because he's not a flavor of the week sellout...his lyrics have depth. you can do more than just a two step to his songs...but, no, he's not nicer than pac or biggie, thats just rediculous.

as for jada and 50...they might be a little to gangsta to compare with jigga....as far as their style goes the clipse are smashin anyway...ironically my favorite clipse song features jada, but thats another story...

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Jada??? 50???These cats cant rhyme man!!! Both of their rhymes are so generic. The whole "Thug" fad is wack! I think Goldy in another thread explained what "Thug Life" really meant. These so called "Gangsta" rappers aint Sh*t.

Jay is still considrin himself "Gangsta" and thats a fad he has been following. Sh*t, its what made him so famous! It's what makes these rappers today so appealing...Every kid in America thinks he's harder then the next,,so "Gansgsta Rap" is very marketable. So, JiggaMan knew this and switched genras. I remember him from his old days, his guess spot on Original Flavor's "You Know it" had him at his lyrically best. But lyrics don't sell records. So he went Gangsta, and used his "somewhat" lyrical talent to be on top. Smart? Of course...Sell Out? Sure.

Money is the root of all evil and Jay just couldn't stay away. For those cats that are around my age(28) and who Original Flavor is,,and Heard Jay's verse,,,,I know yall agree!

soundboy2

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Stress, you strike as a dude who loves straight up lyrical skills,

Can you tell me you didn;t like that 22 2's on the first album. That was nice, and more recently, Excuse me Miss Remix,

"THis aint Chris Rock chic
is the ROC trick
And Ima franchise
like a Houston Rocket
Yao MING"

Bullshit subjuect matter but nice wordplay.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
yo jigga is ill.... he been in da game a long time maki consitent hits and pavin the way for many a black yute... hes a legend and if u dont like hot hoes in vidoes... i might have to question your sexuality...... his lyrics are top notch and he DOES ryhme about alot more than money cars and clothes... he has mad songs with real topics and life issues as well as the party vibe.... he make music for everyone and is a true artist i evry sense of the word.. if he wasn't he wouldn't still be on top of the game like he is today ..... he's one of the only rappers i know that has consistenly been #1 or near the top of charts since his first album... wu, nas, even 2pac and ll cool j , cannot say that.... "still sold mo records than will smith"... come on now

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Soundboy,,,I do love straight lyrical skills. Thats what's bein an MC is all about. The remix(Excuse me Miss) had a nice track. But I still think Jay's rhymes are mediocre.
Holmzini,,I hear what ya sayin, but yo,,,,sales dont make you a fly MC. Sellin records is nice,,but the problem I see is evrybody is looking at the business aspect of things. This is an artform. Lyrical skill is what makes it the artform.
Put it this way, Big L didnt sell the records that Jay did, but if it came to a battle,(and not a battle on wax!) a REAL battle,,Jay wouldn't stand a chance! And thats the foundation of our culture. One!

*The hoes dancin around in vieos are nice,,,trust me,,I got no problems with the eye candy!!!!!

luxx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
no doubt. with exception to a few tracks here and there, jay proggressively got weaker and weaker over the years.reasonable doubt too this day is still hot as shit. But I remember when it first came out I was like this cat is goin to ruin the game. he's nice as shit but he was already taken it to the material possesion, hoes, flossballer bullshit, and bam! he did it and everybody followed[even my man nas!what the fuck was that collab he did wit genuine - hold my ice or some shit,[garbage]]but anyway jay the nicest ever?? as much as I don't like him, [he's about as pop now as micheal jackson was in his prime] ill admit he had the potential to be. but deffinately not even close at this point he stuck to the lazy pop formula and packged up fluff albums to sell to all the good little mtv boys and girls.oh yeah last thing whoever it was that compared him to big. that shit pissed me off for real, [that shows your age young buck] just because jay bit like everything hot big ever said reprocessed it[used the lines straight up or used them for hooks] and sold it to a younger stupider generation that wasn't even really paying attention, and prob thought it was original material.im done.

no im not. holmzini being #1 on the charts does not make u an artist it means ur popular. u should know this by now. being #1 on charts and selling mad records doesn't mean ur an outstanding ground breaking artist. in the current state of the game your marketing, press, image, how many times ur on mtv, who u collab wit comes first, second comes how hot ur beat is, third is how catchy ur hook is, fourth is the content of ur rhymes, fifth is style u spit wit. thats it.thats all that 90% of people that buy this music give a fuck about. case in point - Chingy -

E

Equality 7-2521

Originally posted by StressWon
. Come on people,,when sales make you the "Best of all time" that seema alil shallow!

well said stress

"A dope MC is a dope MC with or without a record deal, all can see."
- KRSONE

"MCs are just hopeless, thinking record sales make them the dopest."
- KRSONE

jay z is OVER rated

peace