The Last Of Jay-z??

• beat this! voting starts in...

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
ahha maybe u guys r right maybe not... i doubt chingy's career will span as long as long and as with as much force as jay... what i was tryin to say that even when a commercial artist sells alot of records.... they dont usually stay around that long...... it takes talent (alot of talent) to consistenly sell records for that long...... micheal jackson, stevie wonder, etc.... they sell alot of records for a long time.... not many rappers have done this... that means that ur constantly evolving and putting out soething the people enjoy...... krs is dope ... but i think he's a lil old a played out... he spends most of his time hating on other rappers rather than doin him and bringing new ideas to the table... im mean i think its just plain cheesy that he made an ENTIRE AlBUM to diss nelly.... was that nesecary? come on krs... suprise me with sumthin new ..... mass appeal is not an easy thing to come by.... it is much harder to make catchy fell good music than to make an underground "knowlegde" album that only a few thousand people would shell out theyre csh for......... still im a fan of krs and a huge of jayz and i dont want to argue so ill drop it...... tthese argue emnts always get way out of hand

E

Equality 7-2521

hey holmzini im not arguing we are just having a discussion its all chill.

i understand what you say about selling alot of records for a long time instead of just for a short while. but i still dont think this is what makes an artist dope. what it does say is that the artist is capable of giving people the majority of poeple what they want. i think they are two completely different things.

i agree that krs is wack for making an entire album to diss nelly......if thats the truth. i heard nelly dissed krs and krs took him to court or something for fucking with a pioneer or something. if i were krs, i wouldnt even conversate with nelly.

B.Hawk

THE PRIVATE
ill o.g.
Guevara Jay-Z is on the flava in ya ear remix its on a mixtape called S.Carter Collection. And he did rip it up

Knock Out

Rap's Genious
ill o.g.
*It's not the "Flava In Ya Ear" remix, it's just to that beat, my bad. It was on The Proffessional 2, peep it if you haven't heard it.

Here's a couple replies to YOUR replies:

- Nobody from where I'm from is on Jay-Z's dick, (whoever responded with that shit,) we just know what we like. I know mad kids who rap and we just respect his lyrics, his flow is fire.

- I can definently think of more rappers than 50 and Jada, but why? LoL, I was just using 2 well known, MORE than decent artists as an example.

- How can you say he's over-rated?? If you REALLY know rappers around your area, you'll feel what I'm about to say... Since I started making beats, I've met A LOT of rappers, and became good friends with the ones I wanted to fuck with. (Also kids I've know for years...) Anyway, everybody is a different character. Everybody is unique in thier own way when they rap, and I mean more than just thier lyrics. I mean that person's whole ego, and rep. My man Future has always been the kid in my nieghborhood that parents don't like, and don't want thier kids hangin out with. He's been arrested maad times over bullshit, and honestly lol he's just a mad grimey person, (but he's my man.) His voice is like Remedy (of RZA Productions) and DMX put together, (if you can picture that.) It's hot, definently unique, mad loud and attention-getting. He'll start rappin anywhere, and when he does, he's gotta be loud to draw a crowd... he won't rap unless he has more than just a few listeners. Naturally, he's known now through mad upstate NY towns, (Kingston, NEWBURGH, Middletown, Wallkill, haha) and cats are on his dick. lol - This is what I'm sayin though, you can imagine Jay-Z on his blocks doin the same, just rappin whenever he gets the chance in front of mad heads and wantin' to blow with it, cause he knew his character was different than anyone else he had heard. His character is attention getting, some people's just isn't. Some people are more quiet like Camron, and it's still ok. Basically, if you wanna blow, you gotta be unique, but you also gotta have the balls to spit. Jay-Z did, and he sold his shit himself... you gotta respect that.

E

Equality 7-2521

i just dont think he is unique at all. i think his style sounds recycled. for me, an MC must be either a DOPE writer or have DOPE delivery. i dont think jayz has either of these.

but thats just my opinion.

one mans treasure is another mans trash. ill leave it at that.

monumental

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 6
first off i can't believe some of you people calling him wack, just because he puts some radio tracks on his albums to sell records does not mean he is wack, if you listen to every single album of his they all have classic songs. Especially Bp1, great all around album diffenite classic, and bp2 was kinda weak but the curse disc with diamonds is forever, meet the parents and bp2, are some classic beats and lyrics. As a hip hop artist, anyone who knows talent can respect jay's shit, yes some of it radio or this and that. But talent is talent, respect it, i'm buying my copy on friday, REAL ARTISTS DON'T DOWNLOAD ALBUMS, THEY BUT THEM BECAUSE THAT'S HOW WE ALL MAKE MONEY.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
"REAL ARTISTS DON'T DOWNLOAD ALBUMS, THEY BUT THEM BECAUSE THAT'S HOW WE ALL MAKE MONEY."

Some of us "real artists" dont got no money to be buyin some wack ass album! Jay is overated and it seems that the commercial industry got a lot of cats brainwashed into buyin albums. BluePrint one was okay,,not a classic! I havnt heard any classics come out yet. I must say we all have different opinions,but lets stick to Hip Hop not Hip Pop!!!

It seems the more money you make the better "artist" you are,,,thats what our country has come too!!! What a shame!

Craig Gantt

Microphone Violator
ill o.g.
^^^^^agree, ive been sayin that for like a year now and niggas still dont get it.

As for Jay, the thing about Jay is that he's not just a rapper and thats not where his money comes from he owns a record label, his own brand of gin, and a clothin line, and god knows what else he's plannin he may be retireing because he wants to spend more time on what is really bringin in money 9he is a busisnessman). As for lyrically I never really truly felt Jay like how I felt Pac (by now you all know who my favorite rapper is) but I cant deny that he has talent, just like i cant deny Eminem has talent, I dont have to like what he's sayin but he can rhyme thats for sure. As far as him being one of the greatest mc's ever I dont know Im thinkin people will remember Jay like how people are gonna remember puffy as a busisnessman, without a doubt one of the greatest busisnessmen we have ever seen in this industry. As for that thug persona shit....I dont got no love for fake thugs my thing is you can do you without havin to be a tap dancin monkey for MTV (look at Nelly). I too think that Jay Z woulda been alot better if he had taken the time to sit down and write his lyrics because I know he can do it, its evident from the way he freestyles. As for him being unique...nobody sounds like Jay he's got his own style gotta give him credit for that, his subject matter though has been played on a million times by every rapper and they mamma (includin me lol) it has truly become difficult to find a subject to speak on that somebody somewhere hasnt already done, shit when then described in a million different ways what life is like in the hood.

S

StaffChamp

Originally posted by StressWon
...The whole "Thug" fad is wack!

people think rappin is supposed to go hand in hand with thuggin. Theres some real ass thugs down here that blow cats heads off over a dirty look...but whether they can rap or not is a different story... in my opinion...if you can tell a good story, or make me feel what your sayin, you're tight...whether you rhyme about thuggin or not...

S

StaffChamp

It's all in the ear of the beholder...some cats say rap is a fad

E

Equality 7-2521

goldy.....i agree with you that jay is a great businessman but i disagree that nobody sounds like him

staffchamp......"if you can tell a good story, or make me feel what your sayin, you're tight...whether you rhyme about thuggin or not...""
WORD UP

S

StaffChamp

Originally posted by Goldy_C
As long as there is a ghetto and there is oppression there will always be rap nothing fadish about it.

Exactly...and theres always gonna be thugs rappin, too

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Yeah, but Thugs is what killin our culture! Its one thing like Pac did in his music where he talked about what he saw! Okay sometimes he talked about bein a gangsta too. But rhymin about what you saw in the hood,,,and what you "do" in the Hood is 2 VERY different things. I can most definitly agree with all of ya opinions. Rappers can rhyme about what they did to survive,,,shit I'm workin on a song right now about that! Face it,,,those of us from the ghetto know we can't just get by sometimes!!! But, these so called thugs talkin like they still hustlin now!!! Thats just plain stupid...These cats got nice homes and money in the bank,,(Some anyway) So thats not "Keepin it real" and just makes young kids emmulate these MCees. It's killin our culture and our people in the culture. And jay turned into one of these MCees. If ya doubt me,,listen to his new album,,,One

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Jay-z is a 38 year old rapper that has only become a huge sucess because of biggies death...if big didn't die jay would not be half as the sucess that he is as far as a business man think about this Jay-z artist Dame Dash at one point Jays manager Kareem BIG Burkes deadly but silent ..He is Rocafella not Jay or Dame when Rocafella first started Jay-z was the only artist..How did it start Dame Dash had the connects as a manager to make deals Jay-z was already an established artist with a street buzz and Kareem Bigs Burke was the one who had the funds to get it started and is still the brains behind the operation as he sits back and watches Dame be a fool and Jay Take credit for being rocafella he's strong armin both of these dudes sitting back while they do the work....That's how I want to be Just like Kareem Bigs Burke

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
iTS FUNNY U MENTiON HiM CUZ i BEEN iN TALKS WIT BURKES' YoUNGER BROTHER AND THiS DUDE ALSO HAS HiS MiND SET.
i SAW SAiGON YESTERDAY, FoR THoSE WHo KNoW WHo THAT iS, i ALSO MANAGED TO GET A CD iNTO HiS HANDS.AND TALKED To HiM FOR LiKE AN HoUR.
BUT YEAH BuRKES' iS A REAL DUDE, BUSiNESS MAN FOR REAL.

Knock Out

Rap's Genious
ill o.g.
Originally posted by inrctyhoodmusic
Kareem Bigs Burke was the one who had the funds to get it started and is still the brains behind the operation as he sits back and watches Dame be a fool and Jay Take credit for being rocafella he's strong armin both of these dudes sitting back while they do the work....That's how I want to be Just like Kareem Bigs Burke

1. Who cares who had the funds to get it started... out of Jay-Z, Dame Dash, and Kareem Burke, Jay-Z is the only one who raps. HE'S the one that made Rocafella what it is, a RAP record label. Who gives a fuck about who had the funds to pay for the cd jewel cases and shit, you know Jay-Z had the dough to do that kind of stuff anyway.

2. Get off his dick, wantin' to be just like Burke lol.

S

StaffChamp

stress, i see your point. I say its cool if you talk about whatever you want as long as your not doin' it just to gain mass appeal, or even worse...LYING to get mass appeal....