The Neptunes

capkom

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
How does everybody feel about the Neptunes? I love em and I hate em. They are helping to bring producers to the light, but they can get annoying too. People in general love em. From a producers point of view, how does everyone feel about them?:dj:

B

BeatTRibe

Yeah I have mixed feelings about them, I like some of their beats...actually I don't have anything against them in particular I mean yeah they sell their beats to some wack so called artists, but I really blame the corporate media for only playing a handful of artists to the exclusion of everyone else. So all we get is the same 5 wack-asses played over and over again...and don't get me started on Clear Channel...that's a whole other thread.

So bottom line, I think some of their production is pretty dope, I just hate a lot of the shit they are on that we are being forced fed day after day.

B

Big La

I really don't like most of their stuff. I all sounds the same.. especially the Clipse. After 'Grindin' it all started to sound exactly the same.

Though, have to admit, I do head-nod to Snoop's 'Beautiful' and the 'By Your Side' remix they did for Sade.

I guess I'm love/hate too.

B

BoogieMan

I was a bouncer at club Level here in Miami, FL and Pharrel came up in there one night. You can tell he forgot where he came from as his attitude was all high and mighty. It was funny though because they promoted the hell out of the night and the club was almost empty! He came out for a while and then wanted to go back in and was standing at the rope waiting. He was like "Yo, you need to let us back in there so you get more people to come." I wanted to say "We told everyone you was coming. They all decided to stay home." LOL

I like their music but whats the deal with the other kid? I guess he dont like the spot light as much as Pharrel does, eh? Whats gonna happen is the same thing that happens to all others when one member becomes more popular than the others (i.e. Busta Rhymes and L.O.T.N.S.) Pharrel gonna get all the fame while that other kid fades away. (See, I dont even know his name):confused:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I just saw a little something on Pharell on MTV's "when they were 17" or whatever it's called. He was in the school band and looked really geeky. Then I changed the channel 'cause MTV sucks.

He does look funny in Jay-Z's new video, sitting on the stool signing! LOL, I crack up every time I see that.

BoogieMan, you should have kicked him out of the club and got together with the other bouncer to push him around a bit.

B

BoogieMan

heh.. I know right, then get in a fight and catch a nice case for myself. I'd be like, "Yeah Judge, I was about to let him in when he just knocked me in my head saying he didn't like bouncers..."

eh... I shouldn't talk shit cause who knows... maybe one day I'll be sitting at the grammy's next to him. Then I''ll be like "Yeah kid.. remember that day at Club Level?" :D

OH MAN! 10 POSTS! Time to start beat droppin! :p

C

Copenhagen

The other guy is named Chad Hugo..I think he makes more of the beats and Pharrel spends more time writing songs etc...not entirely sure though.

nasir jones

The Perfectionist!!
ill o.g.
SHIT!!

NEPTUNES=SHIT:headbang:

nasir jones

The Perfectionist!!
ill o.g.
IT'S ALWAYS THE SAME SOUND WHITH THIS THIS SHIT! PEACE

G

Ghetto Quality

you gotta love the neptunes not because they are all over the radio, video and clubs but for the simple fact that they handled their business. they came in and breathed new life into the hip hop game. yes their beats may be simple and the one finger melodies childish at times but remeber when superthug or southern hospitality first came out you all know that you couldn't help but get ya thug shake on and throw dem bows.

P

phaethon

They're very talented, and I'm feelin their sound. When their ish is good, it's usualy very good. I've gone crazy over some of their beats (Kelis - I Hate You So Much Right Now), but then some of their tracks made me want to put a gun to my face (Philly's Most Wanted - Suckas Remix).

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
The Neptunes have a few hot tracks. I like how that cat Pharrell
just doesn't give a shit about fashion or flashy videos.

38Specill

I like the Neptunes and feel they have made a big effect on the rap industry. (I think many people will agree) I mainly like the stuff they did with N.E.R.D. I like the talent they brought out to the mainstream like Clipse and a new artist Roscoe P. Coldchain.
They got some tight songs witht the Neps and i love the rappin' style of Clipse.
Thats just me though!

38SpeciLL

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
Yea im mixed on this one when they first came out i wzo like yea this shit is hot but now it seems that are starting to run of ideas ! That justin timberlake song sounds just like nelly - hot in herre !
I dunno maybe they will get it together and start producing fresh stuff again but at the mo its starting to sounds a bit recycled !

C

CaptainCommando

I've only heard what gets played on the radio, I like some of the stuff like Grindin' but lately I haven't been too impressed. However mainstream seems to love them so obviously they're doin something right.

P

phaethon

If you like what you hear on the radio, then I think you'll be pleasantly suprised to know that their best stuff is what ISN'T played on the radio.

P

Prosper

the neptunes are very talented and are great musicians..my only problem wit them are they dont sample enough (I know that sounds crazy but this shit all started wit sampling they gotta take it back to essence once in awhile and stop usin those synths all the time

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
They're cool...was Hot but their track record is very long...They did why you over there looking at me for mase , got your money for old dirty and quite a few rock and pop hits under their belts...The reason they sound the same on alot of joints is because they have a trade mark sound just like timbaland but I still like them

members online