The new Mac studio looks awesome!

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Re: prices @2GooD Productions I'm sticking with and working w/my MacBook Pro 'til it's worked out.

Currently it's the cheapest way to get that level of performance. I just priced out a Dell that was as close as possible (somewhat tough since the Mac is not intel) and it was much higher.
Stop bringing Dell into it, they are shit, they own Alienware, the most overpriced PC brand.
Lets compare one conman with another, lmao.
The full spec Mac pro comes in at $54,000, lmfao

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
How else would you compare it? If you try to price a similar dell/Hp/Lenovo/Asus/Acer its the same. The Mac studio comes out cheaper AS OF TODAY. Now it won't be that way forever of course. And it may surprise you but I buy 30-50k computers like constantly (for other companies not myself). So its not all that weird, you are not the target market for that machine. But trust me, people that buy computers like that are making millions off of them. Its well worth the extra performance. But i'm honestly over the Apple discussion, since you stick with the same talking points that have been debunked anyway. And why should I stress that you don't get it?

How else would you compare it? If you try to price a similar dell/Hp/Lenovo/Asus/Acer its the same. The Mac studio comes out cheaper AS OF TODAY. Now it won't be that way forever of course. And it may surprise you but I buy 30-50k computers like constantly (for other companies not myself). So its not all that weird, you are not the target market for that machine. But trust me, people that buy computers like that are making millions off of them. Its well worth the extra performance. But i'm honestly over the Apple discussion, since you stick with the same talking points that have been debunked anyway. And why should I stress that you don't get it?
Heres a controversial idea, build your own damned computer. Fuck Dell, fuck Apple, fuck Lenovo. Build YOUR OWN. lol
Save thousands.
And nothing Ive said about Apple has been "debunked" lol
The only one who thinks they are a great company is you, but no, everybody else is wrong but the person with shares in slavery is right. LMAO. Cant argue with that logic.

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
Heres a controversial idea, build your own damned computer. Fuck Dell, fuck Apple, fuck Lenovo. Build YOUR OWN. lol
Save thousands.
The reality is that other then a basic basic computer its just not that way anymore. Once you factor in a windows license and everything you will be close to what you can get a dell for. Those companies have MUCH more buying power to get volume discounts then you and I. and let me tell you, im not hand building 100's of computers for my clients to even save 10% its just not worth it. And Dell products are pretty solid too. I won't touch Asus as they have MASSIVE amounts of slave labor in their supply chain. As does acer. But the entire tech industry is guilty of that. I know you don't believe it but Apple is actually one of the best companies for finding and removing slave labor from their supply chain. I actually went looking for a phone that was better on slave labor then and iPhone and I found one. Just one. This one https://www.fairphone.com/en/ and man its like way outdated and I don't know that I could do my job with it. So now what?

The reality is that other then a basic basic computer its just not that way anymore. Once you factor in a windows license and everything you will be close to what you can get a dell for. Those companies have MUCH more buying power to get volume discounts then you and I. and let me tell you, im not hand building 100's of computers for my clients to even save 10% its just not worth it. And Dell products are pretty solid too. I won't touch Asus as they have MASSIVE amounts of slave labor in their supply chain. As does acer. But the entire tech industry is guilty of that. I know you don't believe it but Apple is actually one of the best companies for finding and removing slave labor from their supply chain. I actually went looking for a phone that was better on slave labor then and iPhone and I found one. Just one. This one https://www.fairphone.com/en/ and man its like way outdated and I don't know that I could do my job with it. So now what?

Hey you own shares in this

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
You clearly didn’t actually read that last link, Apple was clearly the good guy on that one. And again, Hp/asus/acer and Intel are WORSE then Apple at slave labor. So you are being a massive hypocrite dude.

Like I’m not even saying you are necessarily wrong, I’m saying it’s the entire tech industry. So to point a finger at ONLY Apple is messed up.

Also there are over a billion Apple users. So I guess we are all morons. I’m over this discussion dude. This is an industry I work in and know well and you are too closed minded to discuss rationally with. So I’m good homie.

You clearly didn’t actually read that last link, Apple was clearly the good guy on that one. And again, Hp/asus/acer and Intel are WORSE then Apple at slave labor. So you are being a massive hypocrite dude.

Like I’m not even saying you are necessarily wrong, I’m saying it’s the entire tech industry. So to point a finger at ONLY Apple is mess up.

Also there are over a billion Apple users. So I guess we are all morons. I’m over this discussion dude. This is an industry I work in and know well and you are too closed minded to discuss rationally with. So I’m good homie.
Sorry, I didnt realise that lobbying against forced labour laws is a good thing. You have some arse about face morality man.
Let me clarify for the umpteenth time, I have never only pointed the finger at Apple and have repeatedly said they are all bad, because profits trump people and morals, always have and always will.

Being conned, resulting in Apple being fined massively is a "good thing" in your world.

And you call me closed minded, lol. Whatever floats your boat man.

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
Sorry, I didnt realise that lobbying against forced labour laws is a good thing. You have some arse about face morality man.
Let me clarify for the umpteenth time, I have never only pointed the finger at Apple and have repeatedly said they are all bad, because profits trump people and morals, always have and always will.

Being conned, resulting in Apple being fined massively is a "good thing" in your world.

And you call me closed minded, lol. Whatever floats your boat man.
If you read the article you will see Apple supported almost all of it, they just wanted a few things different. Like Apple works UNUSUALLY hard at keeping slave labor out of their supply chain. They are absolutely the best tech company I have ever seen at it. Are they perfect? No. Do they still get it wrong? Absolutely. But you sit here and bash Apple for that reason and your answer is “build your own” with what, Intel and AMD parts? Both those companies are SUBSTANTIALLY worse at getting slave labor out of their supply chain then Apple is. So I don’t want to hear it anymore dude, your argument is flawed and tired. Anyway it’s all good, I’m not like mad at all. I’m just over it.

Last edited:
If you read the article you will see Apple supported almost all of it, they just wanted a few things different. Like Apple works UNUSUALLY hard at keeping slave labor out of their supply chain. They are absolutely the best tech company I have ever seen at it. Are they perfect? No. Do they still get it wrong? Absolutely. But you sit here and bash Apple for that reason and your answer is “build your own” with what, Intel and AMD parts? Both those companies are SUBSTANTIALLY worse and getting slave labor out of their supply chain then Apple is. So I don’t want to hear it anymore dude, your argument is flawed and tired. Anyway it’s all good, I’m not like mad at all. I’m just over it.
When you have shares in a company that uses slave labour I suppose you have to tell yourself anything to justify it in your own head.
Even argue against objective reality and call it debunked nonsense, when its common knowledge.

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
So your advise is don’t invest in any tech stocks at all? That seems dumb. Btw it’s not Apple that uses slave labor, it’s their suppliers. And when Apple finds a supplier doing it that basically fire them. Like what else do you want man?

You think it’s common knowledge because it’s the narrative you want to believe with your conspiracy bias. But god forbid you may be wrong on this one.

Last edited:
So your advise is don’t invest in any tech stocks at all? That seems dumb. Btw it’s not Apple that uses slave labor, it’s their suppliers. And when Apple finds a supplier doing it that basically fire them. Like what else do you want man?

You think it’s common knowledge because it’s the narrative you want to believe with your conspiracy bias. But god forbid you may be wrong on this one.
Conspiracy bias, lol. Mainstream news isnt a "conspiracy theory", its "common knowledge". Tech experts hating on Apple isnt a conspiracy theory. And yes it is their suppliers using slave labour. Also Apple failed to fire users of slave labour for over a year.
My advice is dont invest in tech companies that use suppliers engaged in slave labour. Its not complicated, dont invest in human suffering, and to add insult to injury preach how righteous it is. Apple moved to China to exploit a production base ruled by totalitarian Communism. I dont care what fancy bow you would like to wrap around that, its still disgusting.