The new Mac studio looks awesome!

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Conspiracy bias, lol. Mainstream news isnt a "conspiracy theory", its "common knowledge". Tech experts hating on Apple isnt a conspiracy theory. And yes it is their suppliers using slave labour. Also Apple failed to fire users of slave labour for over a year.
My advice is dont invest in tech companies that use suppliers engaged in slave labour. Its not complicated, dont invest in human suffering, and to add insult to injury preach how righteous it is. Apple moved to China to exploit a production base ruled by totalitarian Communism. I dont care what fancy bow you would like to wrap around that, its still disgusting.
Apple is just a big target and people like hating on them. Printing shit about Apple generates traffic, so mainstream news loves to trash them. But look in to it yourself, of all the tech companies Apple is one of the best for eliminating slave labor. Could they do better? Absolutely! Like you are literally typing these replies on a computer made from blood dude. Asus is HORRIBLE about slave labor. Do you wear Nikes, or Addias? Shit do you shop at Walmart? Then you are buying goods from slave labor. On top of that IM NOT EVEN SAYING YOU ARE WRONG. Like i'm agreeing, that Apple has had this issue but EVERY SINGLE TECH COMPANY HAS. I feel that Apple has done a pretty great job dealing with it. But when you see someone talk about using a Dell here or Intel or an HP do you get all up in arms about it and yell at them? Why not? What are you so mad at Apple compared to other companies that have even worse track records. Im just saying that it seems one sided and it shouldn't be.

Ideally everything should be open sourced and open hardware and made from sustainable, ethical practices. But that's simply not the world we live in right now. I wish it was. Seriously find me a phone that is made more ethically then an iPhone and I will 100% look in to it (the Google Pixel is REALLY bad with slave labor) I would love to use the Fairphone https://www.fairphone.com/en/ but its already dated hardware and my phone is my main computer. It's how I make my living.

Also I could list probably 20 criticisms of Apple right now personally. I don't think they get everything right at all. But I think overall they are very net positive in their approach and design. I do NOT think that about Facebook or Google for example.

My issue with Apple is the utter contempt they have for their customers. Thats what my issue with them boils down to as a company.

I also took issue with the way you singled them out as a paragon of virtue which they really are not. It took years for them to fire companies using slave labour. The first stories broke around 2014 or even maybe 2010, and its still happening. I hate all big tech, they have become too influencial, too big and too powerful. I dont single out any of them for special treatment in regards to that, power corrupts. But I dont sing any of thier praises either as if they operate on any moral or ethical standard when they rip off their own customers with overpriced gear. Or inablity to fix something you own.
Overpriced for the sole reason of claiming "prestige". As long as people go in knowing what they are getting then fair enough, its just about informed consent. There are 3 sides to every story, the good side, the bad side, and the truth somewhere in between.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I really don't care what company does what. I buy what I can afford. If that means I shop at Walmart, buy Nike, build a computer with Asus parts, hey as long as it's within my budget.

If I have to research every company before I decide on which brand of bananas is the most ethical, just shoot me now.

I really don't care what company does what. I buy what I can afford. If that means I shop at Walmart, buy Nike, build a computer with Asus parts, hey as long as it's within my budget.

If I have to research every company before I decide on which brand of bananas is the most ethical, just shoot me now.
If we only ever bought from "ethical" companies we wouldnt buy anything and would probably starve to death
Thats the problem with monopolisation, and the centralisation of ownership and control, when there is no competition its a licence to do as they like in the pursuit of endless profits.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
If we only ever bought from "ethical" companies we wouldnt buy anything and would probably starve to death
Thats the problem with monopolisation, and the centralisation of ownership and control, when there is no competition its a licence to do as they like in the pursuit of endless profits.
If one can afford to buy ethically, great, go for it. Most people can't.

Besides, a lot of products we buy today break down within a year or so, so I'm looking for something that's decent and within my price range and will last a while. It's hard enough trying to find that decent product, but now we have to check to see if the company is full of assholes? That's all of them.

If one can afford to buy ethically, great, go for it. Most people can't.
Same with Apple, if you can afford it, great, go for it. Just know that when it comes to upgrading and repair, you might be in trouble in the future.

I only ever bought 1 branded pc, it was a Packard Bell many years ago. I wanted to upgrade the graphics, but it turned out I couldnt as they were onboard graphics with no graphics card slot. After that experience I always built my own with upgradeability in mind. Except for laptops, I went with Asus due to my experience with their ROG motherboards in the past and the wealth of sensors on board.