This doesn't look good...

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
How?

From what I am reading, it looks like a study to see why people don't volunteer more and if they did, would it help build a stronger nation.

Am I missing something?

SoChi

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
People need to stop listening to Alex Jones and Glenn Beck, it's makin' y'all paranoid.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
lets get communist lol

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
People need to stop listening to Alex Jones and Glenn Beck, it's makin' y'all paranoid.

I dont trust either of them. I got this from own research. i dont need nobody to tell me what to think. Regardless, this is the beginning of things. I'm not sayin nuttin about martial law, but the whole "we need to do our part" is bull. Never paranoid when I know what the score is.

SEC. 4. DUTIES.

(a) General Purpose- The purpose of the Commission is to gather and analyze information in order to make recommendations to Congress to--

(1) improve the ability of individuals in the United States to serve others and, by doing so, to enhance our Nation and the global community

take it how ya wanna

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Its a beginning to something that can be bad in the wrong hands. Not saying its end all ,,be all,,but we just have to see where it goes. Damn democrats always tryin to push that B.S.

Okay, Ima keep my eyes out for armies of tree planters on their own time doing shit for the eye and pyramid!
To me its one thing when REPUBLICANS openly espouse tearing up the constitution in order to "protect " us and another less threatening thing for a president to say, "Hey help out in your community".
I dont think its going to be a mandate that you HAVE to volunteer or you get fined.
THAT I would be opposed to, but everyone helping everyone out especially in these times I think is a good thing.
That being said I havent volunteered for jack in a looooong time. lol

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
I love the "All seeing Eye" in the top left corner....

damn i had to reopen the page to see what you were talkin about. very funny

SoChi

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I dont trust either of them. I got this from own research. i dont need nobody to tell me what to think. Regardless, this is the beginning of things. I'm not sayin nuttin about martial law, but the whole "we need to do our part" is bull. Never paranoid when I know what the score is.

SEC. 4. DUTIES.

(a) General Purpose- The purpose of the Commission is to gather and analyze information in order to make recommendations to Congress to--

(1) improve the ability of individuals in the United States to serve others and, by doing so, to enhance our Nation and the global community

take it how ya wanna

Here is the rest of section 4:

2) train leaders in public service organizations to better utilize individuals committed to national service and volunteerism as they manage human and fiscal resources;

(3) identify and offer solutions to the barriers that make it difficult for some individuals in the United States to volunteer or perform national service; and

(4) build on the foundation of service and volunteer opportunities that are currently available.

My God, how horrible.

What do you have against volunteerism? Are you of the opinion that if something isn't done solely for one's self interest that it is somehow wrong?

On the one hand, you are against government intervention in society. On the other, you see encouraging people to take an active role in bettering their own communities as the precursor to something sinister.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I have volunteered to do things for strangers before without anything in return and it was actually healing. I think many of the people in our society, especially in population-dense cities, have become isolated and untrusting. This only makes for a bitter and dangerous society, so I understand why it is a targeted issue by the Obama government. Now, if this Bill was passed during Bush's reign then I would be much muuuch more suspicious. In my town we now have camera's on nearly every stoplight and an audio device on one to hear inside the car. Here is a pic of one of the many new color LED billboards in my town rotating this graphic, wtf; since I don't rob banks or speed through the streets it shouldn't apply to me, but still it seems to piss me off.
yh_billboardshootings_0309.jpg

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Here is the rest of section 4:

2) train leaders in public service organizations to better utilize individuals committed to national service and volunteerism as they manage human and fiscal resources;

(3) identify and offer solutions to the barriers that make it difficult for some individuals in the United States to volunteer or perform national service; and

(4) build on the foundation of service and volunteer opportunities that are currently available.

My God, how horrible.

What do you have against volunteerism? Are you of the opinion that if something isn't done solely for one's self interest that it is somehow wrong?

No. My opinion is that volunteering is a good thing.No need for the "Federal Government" to be involved. If people want to do things in their community on their own terms,,great. But no need for Big Government to be involved. Any time the feds get involved it never ends up well.

On the one hand, you are against government intervention in society. On the other, you see encouraging people to take an active role in bettering their own communities as the precursor to something sinister.

I like how you can read my mind. Now you are putting words into my mouth. I am not against government intervention. Maybe to a certain degree, but not entirely. Something like volunteering in communities should rest upon the COMMUNITY. Not the government.

Nothing sinister. Again, I have participated in various programs in various communities over the years. I'm just sayin that when it comes to volunteering and such,,,no need to put anything on paper, let a lone a congressional bill.

SoChi

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I like how you can read my mind. Now you are putting words into my mouth. I am not against government intervention. Maybe to a certain degree, but not entirely. Something like volunteering in communities should rest upon the COMMUNITY. Not the government.

Not gleaned reading your mind, from a previous conversation where you stated your anti government leanings. Though perhaps I should've added the word federal to be more specific.

you haven't really given any real specifics on how government a initiative essentially to figure out how to

1. figure out why volunteerism isn't seen as desirable my many
2. make volunteering easier for people

is a bad thing. I mean, is it bad(or potentially bad) just be because the federal government is doing it?

I'll fall back though, because your view on the federal govt will probably never sync up with mine, because as I said the last time we debated, being an African American who knows from history that virtually every right I have came as a result of intervention the federal government, I simply have no problem with the federal government getting involved.

MagnaOpera

Comes Equipped...
ill o.g.
obama has stated that he would be extremely in favour of making this mandatory

i think that is what the original poster means..

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
I'll fall back though, because your view on the federal govt will probably never sync up with mine, because as I said the last time we debated, being an African American who knows from history that virtually every right I have came as a result of intervention the federal government, I simply have no problem with the federal government getting involved.

everyone is entitled to an opinion. As far as the African American equation, I can understand where you are coming from to a degree. (because I'm white)

As MO stated earlier,,,it could be mandatory. I too have not heard that, but putting it on paper makes it easier for that to happen...all I'm sayin.