ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
That's the only response you need....lol

I didn't mean it that way nor do I think others who agree meant it that way

point made and... I didnt think you meant it that way, I took it as you were just saying that some new mods that are more dedicated to the site would be a plus.

I will be a mod, but I am a head strong SOB!

I think you would be a great mod, yes you are a head strong SOB but you got plenty of friends around you that would atleast attempt to set you straight and let you know when youre being a head strong SOB.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
I mean look at the past...look back at what made you post your first message. I started by introducing myself...If you see a bunch of cats having a good time you're more likely gonna want to fit in. If you see a bunch of sarcastic @$$holes, you're not gonna want to say a word. If you see good discussions you would more likely comment in a thread versus seeing a newbie getting chewed up for asking a dumb question.

As far as mods go...Im not suggesting getting rid of any that are active but put a new one in that will motivate newbies to ask questions, and get involved with whats happening at ILL. I see the newbies sign up everyday but 1 out of 20 go to the "introduction area". You gotta ask why is that. You cant make anyone post but you can influence, encourage and recommend it. I dont know about you all but my whole life has been about taking 1 step back in order to take 2 steps forward.

I think it would be a good idea to expand our horizons too, especially towards emcees, like dreampolice says the thing a producer needs most is emcees to finalise a beat. And it would open the doors to much more collaboration. Making future illmuzik albums more forthcoming.

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 229
Having a presence on those so-called social sites (facebook, twitter) can't hurt ....we can (should?) post links to articles, reviews, blog posts etc...this way we can attract new members (or even remind current ones about the site), actually Fade has being doing that for a while but we can def help him.

That being said, we need to create more contents (album reviews, software-gear reviews, blog entries, etc ...) , I know this is time consuming as everybody's got jobs, families, significant others, etc ... but we can make an effort because with no contents ...we're just a forum board.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Whats the argument against MC's??

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Having a presence on those so-called social sites (facebook, twitter) can't hurt ....we can (should?) post links to articles, reviews, blog posts etc...this way we can attract new members (or even remind current ones about the site), actually Fade has being doing that for a while but we can def help him.

That being said, we need to create more contents (album reviews, software-gear reviews, blog entries, etc ...) , I know this is time consuming as everybody's got jobs, families, significant others, etc ... but we can make an effort because with no contents ...we're just a forum board.

Exactly. That's the best thing we can do, I've been saying that forever. Just a little contribution here and there goes a long way. Post on the Blog or submit an article, interview, review, etc. Because too many people come here to self promote on the forums. Some people don't even know there's a whole other part of the site!

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Exactly. That's the best thing we can do, I've been saying that forever. Just a little contribution here and there goes a long way. Post on the Blog or submit an article, interview, review, etc. Because too many people come here to self promote on the forums. Some people don't even know there's a whole other part of the site!

Ahh so anyone can contribute? do we need to hit you up or just drop it?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Ive seen several sites that have added this whole facebook and twitter style of communicating between friends, maybe thats what we need around here?!?!?!? I can see it now...

dacalion@illbeatmaker; whats up?

10 mins later...

illbeatmaker@dacalion; chillin
illbeatmaker recieved 16bars in RAPVILLE

10 mins later...

dacalion@illbeatmaker; oh cool
dacalion is growing beats in ILLVILLE

10 mins later...

illbeatmaker@dacalion; whatchu doin?

10 mins later...

dacalion@illbeatmaker; laying a drumline down

10 mins later...

illbeatmaker@dacalion; oh cool
2 people like this...

GEEZ US!

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Yeah anybody here can contribute, I dont know about other sites but the Admin here is REAL accessable and open to kik it wit choo.

The problem I always have is not crossing the fine line of contributing and just shamelessly hogging a lot of self serving attention. But I mean... I can def kick it up a notch and participate a lot more and try and reach out to outsiders and bring them into iLLmuzik to get us back to where we once were as far as beat this participation and feedback from heads. I think what we should do, and maybe I'll do it, is when we get new members and they introduce themselves, we welcome them and then drop like a few ethics pointers like:

1: Welcome

2: Show us your skills

3: Provide feedback for others and you will probably get feedback.

4: Trolling, negativity, and unnecessary beef will get you banned.

5: iLLmuzik will be what YOU make it. It can be a great community, or non-existent to you and your daily dealings.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Hey I never thought of it like that, good point though...I went on a posting rampage but it wasn't to get any attention to myself, I actually talked to Fade about it, my intent was to post some interesting topics and show some activity around here, lately I haven't been starting alot of new threads and I swear its been quiet. Last night I saw 18 members online and maybe 1 or 2 new threads or new posts. Im just not use to it being this slow nor do I want it to continue to be this slow. That was my way of trying to help keep it moving.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I always believe that as long as the site stays active with even just a few members then "they will come":

field-of-dreams-dvdcover.jpg

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.