Top 5 mpc

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
the moc2000 definitly sounds better then the mpc2000 lol

and MC stands for micro composer, vintage freaks know due to the 202.

TachyonFresh

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
producer gyal...mpc's are overrated yo, if ur working on fruity loops, then i recommend investing in a DAW combined with mpd16 (mpc pads) and/or a keyboard

please give the DAW some serious thought, i was going mpc/hardware sampler crazy a few months ago, but i researched (and i could recommend a few hardware setups that are jsut as good as the mpc) and found that none of these hardware units could really match what i do on ACID, so a DAW is it for me

AMG

God:Mind~Asiatic
ill o.g.
Producer_GyaL said:
what about Roland MC-909 ??? it said "sampling goovebox"... is it an mpc?
I've seen this at Guitar Center and the pads are really small.

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
P.G Check out ebay cuz i was at long N MCquade the other day and they were selling the MPC 4000 for basically 4000 and i think they 2kxl was like 2400 on Ebay i seen a brand new MPC 4000 for 1500 US which comes to about 1800 Cdn damn if i had the moeny i would of copp'd that right away they also had some Mpc2000's on ebay Used 1's were goin for around 550 to 1000 uh i dont think i seen any new 1's but definetly if ur gonna by 1 dont get ripped off Here cuz every music store i went 2 were all around the same prices as each other I hope MTL is Better Then T.O

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
Mpc2000cf or mcd?

I don't know if its true but word on another board is that Akai is coming out with a 2000CF with Compact Flash Storage and USB. This would be dope. I've also seen something called an MPC2000xl-MCD. I'ma email Akai to find out.

-Ctrl

*Update- Akai won't confirm that they are coming out with a 2000 w/ Compact Flash and USB support. But they do say more 2000XLs will be released this month.

TITO

MAESTRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
N.U.G. said:
if ur good with FL like you are PG, you don't need an MPC

having said that though, they are dope and have a great rep

If I was you, I'd try to work out exactly why you want an MPC, then consider if you can do eactly the same thing with your current setup (maybe with soem MPD16 pads)

Otherwise if you do get an MP, I recommend the MOC2000XL

holla!

fl studio dosent do any justice to your drums, thats why i got the mpc 1000, i program my drums in it and send it to the mixer. i still record all the midi info into fl studio from the mpc 1000 because the 1000 dosent have editing capabilities like fl studio and it could be time consuming compered to quantization, velocity, ect... in fl studio.

if you like more info on this setup let me know, is like getting the best of both worlds.