UK Hip Hop & Channel U

SuPa'PrOduZa

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Ch...Chea

SuPa'PrOduZa said:
I can't really comment on 'UK Hip Hop' all too much because I've never cared to take a listen to it. It's 'almost' like wanting to hear 'brits' do salsa music. No disrespect. I guess when I'm in the mood I'll listen to some UK 'heat'?

Let me know who represents UK Hip Hop the fullest. And I'll listen.

Supa

Yeh, I meant no disrespect with what I typed earlier. I do have an appreciation for music coming out of the U.K. But, the little bit of hip hop I've heard from there just doesn't cut it for me. I love it that Hip Hop which originated in the Bronx is now heard, respected and followed by many around the world. For example, take a very popular genre of music called 'Reggaeton.' This kind of music originated many years ago [maybe 13] in both Puerto Rico and Panama.

Reggaeton is simply Jamaican Dancehall syncopation mixed with 'Mambo/Salsa' and Hip Hop lyrics. What they did was 'use' Hip Hop flows to a style of music they fused, creating something that was, whoa. Again, I'd love to hear this from you guys so please direct me to the 'whoa' of the U.K. I look forward to it.

Supa

C

Carpe Diem

berserk said:
5 pages... i'm the daddy...

LOL!!!! Who woulda thought that a page on UKHH would reach 5 pages?!!?

Well done Bers!!!

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
hip hop is everywhere....different cultures...different styles.....i embrace them all.....its good to hear something different once in a while.....

ive seen some peeps in australia drop dope rhymes...and even hotter beats.....

hip hop is universal....

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
thats not what i'm saying... i'm saying... if you actually looked for UK material that appealed to you, you'd find it...

lilhatedon

none of Y.G.D.B
ill o.g.
at the end of the day there is some good kats coming out of the uk but only a few people overseas get to here the good ones the rest get the wannabe american uk rappers which aren't original with there work i see it like this i go to the usa i.e NYC/ L.A and i ask kats about artist dats surposedly from there own hood and they don't even know them
producers/hiphop artists i feel in the uk:DJ Nappa,Funky dl,Philife cypher,The Planets,Cappo,Baby J,jesht,Ricochet Klashnekoff,Blade,Skitz,KC da Rooke,skinny man there is so much but you probly ain't even checked for dem are well one day we'll get the respect we deserve instead of dem disrespectful assumtions dat garage and dat bullshit is hiphop

lilhatedon

none of Y.G.D.B
ill o.g.
yeah left when he was like 8 or something alot of kats don't no dat but i don't here him him giving no uk shout outs he is still tight tho

C

Carpe Diem

JPeg said:
"different doesn't mean better" - people under the stairs

everything is subjectvie, but if i think something is wack i aint gonna support it cos its different.

WORD!!!!!!!!

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
i give up

again

(slick rick was from birmingham)

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.