***Vinyl Turntables vs. CD Turntables***

mrjermaine

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
yo, I know ima catch flack from the purist on this but I don't use neither cd nor vinyl turntables, I use the ultra new Hercules mp3 dj controller. It hooks up to your usb port on your computer and it has the mixer, crossfader, and the pads to manually mix and scratch mp3s. So while cats is carrying crates of records or cds, I have one bag that fits both my laptop and dj controller, a carver amp and my speakers. This controller is hot to death!!! Say what you want, but it works for me. I used to have vinyl but my records got stolen and It's expensive to replace hundreds of records. I had thousands of mp3s from my cd collection so it was great. By the way, the controller only cost me $250!!!

:D

Fila

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
depends on what u like to sample, u can find old ass shit on vinyl with original samples etc from 40 years ago on vinyl, where CD's only go back to 20 years unless its elvis or somethin like that.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
In the latest Remix Mag DJ Babu said he uses the Pioneer CDJs all the time. Yall should try to read that artisle. He prefers the technics but he has no problem using what technology has to offer. He made some metaphoric use of Jimi Hendrix using unorthadoxed methods that went against tradition and made huge leaps in musical technique. He wants to do the same thing...