Violince (I did some serious rework to my last Beat This! submission and I'd like some feedback)

iDeaLoGiK

Disservice With a Smile
Battle Points: 57
I wasn't happy with what I made for the last beat this. I knew I had something there but I gave myself legitimately 4 hours to make an entire beat for it and never got to a spot where I should have uploaded as far as I'm concerned. I'm now at a place where I feel like I would have been better off submitting, albeit with a far shorter beat than what I have here.

Here's the "finished" version I have as of now. What I'm looking for is some feedback on where to go from here with it. I'm not 100% convinced its done yet. I'd like to get some outside feedback and finish the beat using the suggestions y'all give.

iDeaLoGiK

Disservice With a Smile
Thanks dude. Bumping this shit because nobody other than you has commented and I've posted quite a bit of feedback.

JustIn Flow

ILLIEN
Overall, that already sounds very good. We'll done.
I particularly like the structure in the length and the good mix.
For my taste, the snare should be a little more powerful (not louder, but a little more saturated). In the middle I find partly a bit too much. This could possibly be loosened up a bit.
But that is always a matter of taste.

iDeaLoGiK

Disservice With a Smile
the mix sounds good, the snare could use a bit more crunch to it, if you have r-vox its perfect for the job. The changes all keep things interesting, enjoyed listening both times.
You're just out here to feed my plugin addiction aren't you? I'll check r-vox out. I assume its the waves plugin? Looks like it works similar to R-Bass that I used on this beat actually. Pretty straightforward plugin.

You're just out here to feed my plugin addiction aren't you? I'll check r-vox out. I assume its the waves plugin? Looks like it works similar to R-Bass that I used on this beat actually. Pretty straightforward plugin.
You can get the waves renaissance bundle for a decent price, but I only use r-bass and r-vox

iDeaLoGiK

Disservice With a Smile
honestly i might get it anyway because 60 bucks for all of it even though I have a couple things or better versions of them is a much better deal than 30 bucks for just r-vox

honestly i might get it anyway because 60 bucks for all of it even though I have a couple things or better versions of them is a much better deal than 30 bucks for just r-vox
I use r-vox on all my snares and r-bass on all my kicks and basslines. I dial in the bass first, then use r-vox to bring the snare up to match

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
I just looked and it looks like the renaissance bundle is still the same 85% off price it was when I first looked at it.

So I only have two issues making me hesitate about getting it

- they're old plugins: i think these were initially released in the 90s!!! I know we like vintage gear etc, but with software that sort of rule is usually the opppsite; HOWEVER, this series of plugs is highly rated and still used by many world class engineers today.

- Waves update plan: the fact that with Waves you end up having to RE PURCHASE plugins you have already bought from them. I find this a fairly shocking practise. I haven't looked into it too deeply but I'm sure someone told me it's like 7$ per plugin. I don't know how this would apply to bundles.

I currently have RVox which I got for free. I think I'd only really want RComp and Rbass out of the bundle mainly. Though getting them 3 for $45 or whatever would be a great deal as you also get a bunch of other decent plugs too.

But yeah.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I @Iron Keys snag(Fed) all my Waves (and other plugins) for free. BPB is the plug (pun intended).

iDeaLoGiK

Disservice With a Smile
So I only have two issues making me hesitate about getting it

- they're old plugins: i think these were initially released in the 90s!!! I know we like vintage gear etc, but with software that sort of rule is usually the opppsite; HOWEVER, this series of plugs is highly rated and still used by many world class engineers today.

- Waves update plan: the fact that with Waves you end up having to RE PURCHASE plugins you have already bought from them. I find this a fairly shocking practise. I haven't looked into it too deeply but I'm sure someone told me it's like 7$ per plugin. I don't know how this would apply to bundles.

I currently have RVox which I got for free. I think I'd only really want RComp and Rbass out of the bundle mainly. Though getting them 3 for $45 or whatever would be a great deal as you also get a bunch of other decent plugs too.

But yeah.
As far as i understand, the update plan is only a concern if you want access to new features in the plugin, which you get a year free incase something updates before that time is up. For instance, most of my waves stuff i bought in V13, but i updated to v14 free. You still are licenced for whatever version you have at the end of the period. Apparently its only a single device license which is kind of shitty though, and seeing as its run through their drm software i doubt you can get around that.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
As far as i understand, the update plan is only a concern if you want access to new features in the plugin, which you get a year free incase something updates before that time is up. For instance, most of my waves stuff i bought in V13, but i updated to v14 free. You still are licenced for whatever version you have at the end of the period. Apparently its only a single device license which is kind of shitty though, and seeing as its run through their drm software i doubt you can get around that.
It's more than that though --- say you update your DAW, waves will generally only make updates for the newest version of DAWs.

So you run the risk sometimes of if you update your DAW, your waves plugin is no longer supported unless you pay the upgrade fee.

iDeaLoGiK

Disservice With a Smile
Seems weird. Should just be a VST3 plugin regardless, so I don't get how that would affect things. Then again, what do I know? Its fairly recent that I started buying plugins and shit.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Seems weird. Should just be a VST3 plugin regardless, so I don't get how that would affect things. Then again, what do I know? Its fairly recent that I started buying plugins and shit.
just compatibility things. Sometimes with upgrades some plugins stop working. And if that's the case, you'll be stuck or forced to upgrade your waves plugin as they don't suppor ttheir old ones i don't think. Or don't upgrade your daw. etc

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
Very nice work. A few feedbacks. I love the melodies, they all complement each other pretty well. Also the drum selection and mixing is great. I'm sure the other guys have given you good feedback in that regard. My main problem is the sound selection on some of the instruments. For instance, the violin at :32 is a little abrasive for my taste, just my opinion, I would recommend taking some high end off of it. Because it is not playing a lead melody, it's more of an ambient texture in the background. So I think a softer violin would serve the music better. Peace brother!

members online