Warzone Beat Battle - August 20-21, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
It's not about someone using just one beat. In each round I vote for the best beat, period. If it was in the previous round that's irrelevant to me.
But you have to look at it as that one beat is going against a different beat in each round, so why does it matter? If your beat is good enough it will win.

because people have to pick 4 of their beats, obviously one of those beats will be the best, and some will be the worst.

They have to try and pick which beat for which round.

When someone goes 'oh i'll just use my one best beat', which is actually *unfair*, because they will have a best beat in every round, whilst others wont.

Otherwise everyone would just use their one best beat.

cause that ONE beat is someone's best beat. but then it goes up against someone's second best, third best and fourth best.

Battle Points: 153
True.

I try to pick some strategy with my beats, tried to keep the best for last this time..as the previous warzone my final beat wasnt strong enough and @2GooD Productions took the win. (well deserved)

Not wanna bring up discussions here but i stand absolutely behind @Iron Keys point.

My idea of thinking about using just 1 beat, is that people would get tired of hearing your beat again, but it seems not.

Also..lol...Its a Warzone, where (in my opinion) strategy on the battlefield is involved, meaning being tactiful with placing your beats..not 1 beat :smart:

But again not wanna boil up any discussions, just my opinion. Its all fine by me :)

The victory for the producers among us using 4 beats is much greater tho :LOL:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The main issue right now is that I have a hard enough time just trying to get 16 signups. So at this point if someone wants to submit just one that's fine by me. Until we get 16 signups regularly, I'm not enforcing it.

On the other hand, you're complaining about a battle you weren't even in! So maybe you should enter it next time with 4 beats.

The only reason I vote down 1 beat entries is because most of us take the time and effort to make 4 beats to battle. I just think its unfair for them to lose to someone that entered one beat. Just my personal opinion.
But like Fade says, its hard enough getting 16 competitors as it is without forcing 4 beats. It is what it is.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The only reason I vote down 1 beat entries is because most of us take the time and effort to make 4 beats to battle. I just think its unfair for them to lose to someone that entered one beat. Just my personal opinion.
But like Fade says, its hard enough getting 16 competitors as it is without forcing 4 beats. It is what it is.
You're absolutely right. I know it's not fair to those submitting 4 beats and losing to 1 beat, so I could definitely change it so that they have to upload 4 but I've seen some that upload the same beat 4 times and specify the different rounds lol.

I can change it if you guys want, that's fine, it's just I don't know how that will play out. There might be less interest at that point.

This is a good discussion though and it's something we should consider before the next season starts.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
On the other hand, you're complaining about a battle you weren't even in!
Exactly!!! So that shows there's no 'sALt'.

Few other key members have said something about it too.

I appreciate it's hard to get signups, possibly because it's hard for people to rack up 4 beats, which probably why some people are feeling a bit shit for making that effort when people just 1 beat it with no thought consideration or effort.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
I can change it if you guys want, that's fine, it's just I don't know how that will play out. There might be less interest at that point.

This is a good discussion though and it's something we should consider before the next season starts.

you could do 1beat warzones too, branded as Beat Playoff ( or something better...)

^Last Beat Standing!

Maybe once a month Warzones so people have time to build up their beats? Or maybe that would lead to people forgetting about its due date.

I've seen some that upload the same beat 4 times and specify the different rounds lol.
lmao

i think in this case its better the devil you know, especially with the challenge of filling up a warzone as it is.
If there was no problem filling it up, then maybe some changes could be considered, but until then I think we should just stick with it how it is.
I might change my mind if I lose to a one beat entry.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I think what I'll do is specify that you have to upload 4 beats and they have to be different. We can see how that goes, but it will probably happen where someone will just upload the same one, like I mentioned. So when that happens I guess I could just let that person know after the battle that they're acting naughty.

@2GooD Productions Yeah we could keep it as is, but I think we should try and see what happens. Which means for the next Warzone I expect all you Karens to enter the fucking thing!

I mean you can only submit 2 beats if u want too so it's kinda fair. imo like 2 or even 3 beats on minimum could be a good idea because one beaters would make it too similar to beat this and that'd be like wtf are we doing, but besides for that, it's really okay as it is. if some lazy prick decides to just do 1 beat and still manages to win then it's probably a talented lazy prick as well.

*when the gay is talented type beat*

Status
Not open for further replies.