Warzone Beat Battle - August 23-24, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
YOO! Just got back from a fam jam..... thanks for the votes yall!! @Matt-D thanks bro, appreciate that a lot @Memento Beats lol , trust me man rnd 3 is always crucial... shout out @DEEZ BEATZ at his jam..... stay away anytime homie !! lol.. and yo @Undersound ...thanks bro, but why would you have to make trap to win??? Dope beats is dope beats!! and you got heat ! Good battle gang!! til next time, peace
@KAMBOSLICE ,Congrats on the win bruh..enjoy it cause "I'LL Be Back"...lol

Mr thai

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 15
I'll be honest I'm a lil salty :(....... I think I should've placed at least to 5. Some constructive feedback would be appreciated because I really want to be a diamond standard producer....

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I'll be honest I'm a lil salty :(....... I think I should've placed at least to 5. Some constructive feedback would be appreciated because I really want to be a diamond standard producer....
Don't worry about it, sometimes it's the luck of the draw too. Sometimes guys have really good beats until round 4 and then they make a bad choice. Other times you might just be matched up against someone that is on fire.

The best thing you can do with the Warzone battles is make sure you have VERY strong beats for all 4 rounds.

Mr thai

Beatmaker
Don't worry about it, sometimes it's the luck of the draw too. Sometimes guys have really good beats until round 4 and then they make a bad choice. Other times you might just be matched up against someone that is on fire.

The best thing you can do with the Warzone battles is make sure you have VERY strong beats for all 4 rounds.

Thank you Fade for taking the time out to reply to me and providing a platform for producers to express and hone their music. I will take those tips on board for next time :).

I was more asking for feedback on my actual tracks, for example how my mixes sounded or how you felt about my compositions, drums and like if I am honest. You guys are all high level producers so and I value your personal opinions highly.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@Mr thai
Round 1: Nice strings! The snare/snap sound throws it off a bit. It's good it's just it's a bit loud in the mix, especially since it's stereo. The rest is dope.
Round 2: Good synth work. Drums are really tight!
Round 3: Drums again are dope. It's the synth sounds that are okay but not great, kind of odd-sounding. Good buildup though for the whole beat.

Overall your beats are dope, like I mentioned before that sometimes people might place the wrong beat in a particular round, but it's hard to do that anyway since you don't know who you're up against. Sometimes it's just who you're up against.

Mr thai

Beatmaker
@Mr thai
Round 1: Nice strings! The snare/snap sound throws it off a bit. It's good it's just it's a bit loud in the mix, especially since it's stereo. The rest is dope.
Round 2: Good synth work. Drums are really tight!
Round 3: Drums again are dope. It's the synth sounds that are okay but not great, kind of odd-sounding. Good buildup though for the whole beat.

Overall your beats are dope, like I mentioned before that sometimes people might place the wrong beat in a particular round, but it's hard to do that anyway since you don't know who you're up against. Sometimes it's just who you're up against.

@Fade
Yeah you were right about the snares for round 1, I had to listen through the headphones to notice but it did throw beat off. I had to replace it in the end with something more subtle. The beat definitely flows much better as I intended to now so thank you.

As for round 2 I'm glad you liked it!! I've been really working on my drums and these are my first batch of tracks I've actually did some mastering on, which was definitely a big sticking point for me until literally the end of last month.

Round 3 you are right, I made and mixed it last minute on my mpc live to try something different. It has good energy and drums but I definitely gonna give it some tlc and work on the synths and overall mix.

Thank you for your time Fade you're an awesome administrator and definitely a beat scientist. The feedback was perfect I feel like I'm on the right track now. I Will be back soon to bless your platform with Diamond quality tracks next time for sure :up2::biggrin: .

@Fade
Yeah you were right about the snares for round 1, I had to listen through the headphones to notice but it did throw beat off. I had to replace it in the end with something more subtle. The beat definitely flows much better as I intended to now so thank you.

As for round 2 I'm glad you liked it!! I've been really working on my drums and these are my first batch of tracks I've actually did some mastering on, which was definitely a big sticking point for me until literally the end of last month.

Round 3 you are right, I made and mixed it last minute on my mpc live to try something different. It has good energy and drums but I definitely gonna give it some tlc and work on the synths and overall mix.

Thank you for your time Fade you're an awesome administrator and definitely a beat scientist. The feedback was perfect I feel like I'm on the right track now. I Will be back soon to bless your platform with Diamond quality tracks next time for sure :up2::biggrin: .
Im always willing to give constructive criticism in the showcase and sampleflip sections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online