Warzone Beat Battle - July 23-24, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
some nice work... pains me to say this @Iron Keys but i think u were indeed slightly robbed in round 2-it is the bogey round, i'd consider loading it more than you would your 4th! But bag of chips part 5 was solid ;) not a bad way to bow out of the game at all. might not have had the same impact as the black album but i enjoyed

Thanks, I appreciate you.

Had a second listen this morning, loads of good beats in this one:
@Iron Keys - Bag of Chips pt 5 is really nice, surprised that didn't win. The piano is nice. I've noticed a few of your beats recently have got a 'chiptune' style, sounds a bit Sonic. Did you buy a new VST or something?
@2GooD Productions - The Red Pill is nice, got a nice dubby vibe.
@nottr - Beat #3 is really nice, like the sample
@xoxo_daisy__ - Fanfare Type Beat was awesome.
@Delta_Nine - Work it out had some nice glitchy edits and filtering. I like that sort of thing.
@guitardep - Narcos was really nice, probably best I've heard from you. Only thing is to my ear it sounded a bit clipped.
@Mahlhavoc - your last beat was nice and introspective, actually really complimented 2Goods track they could have been an A/B side. That first beat with the vocal chops. It gave me a feeling and I couldn't place it, this morning it came to me. There's an episode of the Sopranos where they're in the Bada Bing club and the music playing is like industrial hip hop - your beat sounded just like that! I'm sure you will take that as the compliment it's meant to be!

Battle Points: 153
Not robbed at all. My 2nd beat was super solid :sneaky: not a chance! (certainly not with all the off time notes. You have to stop doing this @Iron Keys. It would sound super dope without it. just keep it smooth. And don't try to make 'too'' funky, its hard on the ears :) just my 2 cents

I really liked @GuttaTennekey sadness beat, could be something I've made myself. Dope shit bwoy :cool::fire:

@nottr It was Bolero medley by Celeste-legaspi. I think it was @2GooD Productions that posted it somewhere on the forums lately ^^

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Had a second listen this morning, loads of good beats in this one:
@Iron Keys - Bag of Chips pt 5 is really nice, surprised that didn't win. The piano is nice. I've noticed a few of your beats recently have got a 'chiptune' style, sounds a bit Sonic. Did you buy a new VST or something?
Hahaha
Nooo, I created some preset sound, and found some method of making that sound. I then used it for th3 Bag of Chips beats. I created 5 in total about 3 months ago (and no more since). It's a shame that the R2 didn't win as it's essentially "wasted" those 4 beats. They were pretty decent I thought, but won't be able to use them in future battles.

Shame for it to lose to just another trap track. But yeah.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
(certainly not with all the off time notes. You have to stop doing this @Iron Keys. It would sound super dope without it. just keep it smooth. And don't try to make 'too'' funky, its hard on the ears :) just my 2 cents

I didn't think there were any off time notes in that one tbh.

And for the one's you hear where i have off time notes or whatever, it's cause I'm not good enough to make them on time. Which was one of the reasons I decided I'll be stopping music.

Hahaha
Nooo, I created some preset sound, and found some method of making that sound. I then used it for th3 Bag of Chips beats. I created 5 in total about 3 months ago (and no more since). It's a shame that the R2 didn't win as it's essentially "wasted" those 4 beats. They were pretty decent I thought, but won't be able to use them in future battles.

Shame for it to lose to just another trap track. But yeah.
Ah I see, going for a warzone theme. I kinda did something similar as all my Beats were sampled and usually i compose. I love a bit of chiptune.

I didn't think there were any off time notes in that one tbh.

And for the one's you hear where i have off time notes or whatever, it's cause I'm not good enough to make them on time. Which was one of the reasons I decided I'll be stopping music.
Nah I didn't hear any either? And anyway subtle off time notes is a good thing, it's more musical.
Don't quit music what the fuck else are you going to do? Knitting?

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Ah I see, going for a warzone theme. I kinda did something similar as all my Beats were sampled and usually i compose. I love a bit of chiptune.
Yeah, it wasn't intentional when I started creating them. I kinda created that first one, which slapped. So I just created the next ones subsequently off the back. Made 'em fairly quick too. And then I thought 'oh, I could maybe start making 4 quite similar style beats and then chuck 'em in Warzones'.

The other 2 now, I don't know what to do with them.
Don't think I can use 'em in battles 'cause won't be anonymous...
They're also real cool beats, but they're more 'thoughtful' beats, so probably wont excite the kids like the same hihat roll and 808 every time. Which is depressing, I feel like should i stop posting decent beats here and just make the same 1 trap beat as everyone else?

Yeah, it wasn't intentional when I started creating them. I kinda created that first one, which slapped. So I just created the next ones subsequently off the back. Made 'em fairly quick too. And then I thought 'oh, I could maybe start making 4 quite similar style beats and then chuck 'em in Warzones'.

The other 2 now, I don't know what to do with them.
Don't think I can use 'em in battles 'cause won't be anonymous...
They're also real cool beats, but they're more 'thoughtful' beats, so probably wont excite the kids like the same hihat roll and 808 every time. Which is depressing, I feel like should i stop posting decent beats here and just make the same 1 trap beat as everyone else?
Submit one for AOTB and the other one can be used as a remix track for a beat this comp! Just think people could remix your beat and convert it into trap!

To be honest, I would like to see you make a trap beat, but like you said before, a musical one that's not just a 1 bar loop.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Just think people could remix your beat and convert it into trap!
posts brian GIF

Ianiz Beats

Battle Points: 1
Mot. Celui-là était dur. Il y en avait quelques autres qui étaient difficiles, mais la plupart des tranches avaient des gagnants clairs.

Félicitations à @Face Valid !

@Ianiz Beats vous avez un vrai talent, continuez ! Pour ceux qui ne le savent pas, ce type est un jeune fou. @Armani est désormais un ancien.
Thank you bro! I think that I lose my rounds because I was doing some rap beats and not hip-hop beats. Next time I will ajust the type of beats that I will make and hope to go in final

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Thank you bro! I think that I lose my rounds because I was doing some rap beats and not hip-hop beats. Next time I will ajust the type of beats that I will make and hope to go in final
Make the type of beats you believe in and feel in your heart, young'un.
Don't concern yourself with 'having a sound' or chasing one, just make what you feel and what you believe in and you'll have a sound of your own whether you realise it or not.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
To be honest, I would like to see you make a trap beat, but like you said before, a musical one that's not just a 1 bar loop.

Well kinda am, or have but.

Lot of time I try that it just ends up sounding like 2000s era trap, as opposed to sounding like modern trap. So not really sure how or why it does, which is annoying. But no point making trap that sounds old era as it's just outdated and won't go nowhere/win/whatever.

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
@Mahlhavoc - your last beat was nice and introspective, actually really complimented 2Goods track they could have been an A/B side. That first beat with the vocal chops. It gave me a feeling and I couldn't place it, this morning it came to me. There's an episode of the Sopranos where they're in the Bada Bing club and the music playing is like industrial hip hop - your beat sounded just like that! I'm sure you will take that as the compliment it's meant to be!
Thank you for taking the time on my beat brother. My last beat was over a year old, just no time to make a new one recently.

Your Chi beat last round was pretty damn good. I voted you in straight across the board, your mixing was top notch shit. Even though it was all boombap :LOL:

Last edited:
Nah, cause it's too middle era. It'll sound too like trap to boombappies and too outdated to the little trapkids.

And either way, though it still sounds good, isn't the aesthetic I'm going for, so that's the main reason I don't wanna make it. Needs to sound modern.
What is the aesthetic you're going for? You've done quite a diverse range of tracks. You should do a west coast one but with an 808 kit.

Thank you for taking the time my beat brother. My last beat was over a year old, just no time to make a new one recently.

Your Chi beat last round was pretty damn good. I voted you in straight across the board, your mixing was top notch shit. Even though it was all boombap :LOL:
Well I hope you find time to make some more.

Thanks, I don't do much sample based stuff but when I chopped that I knew I was on to something. Made about 8 sample flips and those were the best. Some drove me mad, honestly prefer composing. But yeah thanks for the mixing comment, I feel I've improved there despite the tinnitus.

Status
Not open for further replies.