Warzone Beat Battle - July 23-24, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
why would you do boom bap only if you arent comfortable with it in a battle. Its good to try new shit to bring new tools or skills to your own style, but if it aint brilliant then why use it in a battle.(says the guy that posted unmixed beats thinking he would have any shot lmao). There was no theme, so why not do what you are comfortable with?
Ill pour the Wray and Nephews, go hard or go home lmao.
just sayin, its a boombap world we live in here bruh. I "can" knock em out but meh... also, I work out of town all week so not a lot of time to make 4 knockers for a battle.

Last edited:
just sayin, its a boombap world we live in here bruh. I cant knock em out but meh... also, I work out of town all week so not a lot of time to make 4 knockers for a battle.
@crog85 begs to differ. But I get you completely on the finding time part of things, hence my rushed together entries for this. Mixed like total shite.

seriously, no shit though, I have never made it to round 3 in the battle, so, yeah.
NO RETREAT!!!! NO SURRENDER!!!!

no-retreat-no-surrender-jcvd-splits-ropes.jpg

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
just sayin, its a boombap world we live in here bruh

Hardly. It's a really weird dynamic (more often than not) of generic Trap vs BoomBap.

Imho, keep doing YOU. You're one of the only 'trap' makers on here who actually has some individuality to their beats. I genuinely love your kinda crunk, lit, wild party club bangers. They thump.

Hardly. It's a really weird dynamic (more often than not) of generic Trap vs BoomBap.

Imho, keep doing YOU. You're one of the only 'trap' makers on here who actually has some individuality to their beats. I genuinely love your kinda crunk, lit, wild party club bangers. They thump.
I agree

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I still don't know why everyone says Boom Bap is preferred on here when we have plenty of Trap beats that have won over the YEARS.

Even if it is mainly Boom Bap, maybe it's because it's just awesomer than Trap/EDM?

Hip Hop Nod GIF by SYBO

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
The issue is, there are people here who make really well produced/mixed trap. But imho, the music itself is just generic, like it could have been made by anyone.

I rarely hear a well made Trap beat here that sounds individual or like it's doing its own thing.

For example, you can tell a Dr Dre prod track, you can tell a Storch, or Timbaland, Pharrell. You can tell a 2GooD produced track. You can tell a Daisyxoxo produced track. etc etc. All have their own style/flavour.

But often on here, the trap beats rarely have some unique flavour to set them apart from the 9,999,999 beats uploaded to youtube everyday that every 15 yr old wants to rap on.

The only way here I can kinda guess who produced trap, is if it's well mixed, it's either crog or LLB. because they produce it the best

I'd happily vote for a trap track if it didn't sound like the same track I hear 50,000 times a week when I don't even actively listen to trap.

But I'm still waiting...

The issue is, there are people here who make really well produced/mixed trap. But imho, the music itself is just generic, like it could have been made by anyone.

I rarely hear a well made Trap beat here that sounds individual or like it's doing its own thing.

For example, you can tell a Dr Dre prod track, you can tell a Storch, or Timbaland, Pharrell. You can tell a 2GooD produced track. You can tell a Daisyxoxo produced track. etc etc. All have their own style/flavour.

But often on here, the trap beats rarely have some unique flavour to set them apart from the 9,999,999 beats uploaded to youtube everyday that every 15 yr old wants to rap on.

The only way here I can kinda guess who produced trap, is if it's well mixed, it's either crog or LLB. because they produce it the best

I'd happily vote for a trap track if it didn't sound like the same track I hear 50,000 times a week when I don't even actively listen to trap.

But I'm still waiting...
this sums up trap as a subgenre to me, I couldnt tell one producer from another most of the time. I find the template too rigid, and ultimately boring. I prefer some originality and experimentation with a style but like you say, trap is too cookie cutter for my personal tastes. That said, I do hear some banging non boom bap beats right here on illmuzik all the time.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
this sums up trap as a subgenre to me, I couldnt tell one producer from another most of the time. I find the template too rigid, and ultimately boring. I prefer some originality and experimentation with a style but like you say, trap is too cookie cutter for my personal tastes. That said, I do hear some banging non boom bap beats right here on illmuzik all the time.

Kick
hat rolls
808 (voomvoom slides optional)
same 1 chord melody
detune

job done.

For me, it's the equivalent if BoomBappers only sampled the SAME ONE LOOP. As if every track sampled the same one small section of the same record. That's how trap sounds to me.

Kick
hat rolls
808 (voomvoom slides optional)
same 1 chord melody
detune

job done.

For me, it's the equivalent if BoomBappers only sampled the SAME ONE LOOP. As if every track sampled the same one small section of the same record. That's how trap sounds to me.
the whole genre of drum and bass is built off the amen loop

Status
Not open for further replies.