Warzone Beat Battle - June 24-25, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next battle will be from June 24-25th! See the information below.

*NOTE: From now on you only have to submit ONE beat!

Signups

The signups will be on June 24th at 12pm ET, and end around 8pm ET, or until we reach 16 contestants (whichever comes first).
Voting will be for 1 day, on June 25th at 12pm ET, where the results will be posted the same day.

Check out the Warzone ranks: https://www.illmuzik.com/beat-battles/?cat=war

*Note: check out https://www.worldtimebuddy.com to find out the correct time difference for your timezone.

The upload page will close at 8pm ET!

The Signup page is here (it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: Strings
Time Limit: 2 minutes
*Vocal Track Allowed?: NO
**Vocal Snippets Allowed?: YES

Theme Info:

• You must make a beat with strings in it!
  • (violin, cello, etc.)
  • We must be able to hear the strings (not as a background instrument, for example).

===========
* VOCAL TRACK ALLOWED? This means you can have a full vocal track with your beat (acapella, for example).
** VOCAL SNIPPETS ALLOWED? This means you can have vocal snippets in your beat (very short vocal parts, for example). This is where you can also have an intro with talking (like from a movie).
===========

Rounds

*All times are in Eastern Time.
  • Round 1: 12pm - 1:30pm
  • Round 2: 1:45pm - 2:45pm
  • Round 3: 3pm - 3:45pm
  • Round 4: 4pm - 4:45pm
  • Results: 5pm

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

Voting Criteria

You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

warzone_flyer2022062425.jpg

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
I am going to absolutely not win this. I am going to try so hard and be so crushed you guys wont even know how to console me. My strings will sound like 2 cats fighting at 2am and then getting run over by a Yugo that has a muffler scraping the ground that makes a train coming to a screeching halt sound like a symphony . So you better come prepaired.... you been warned

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I am going to absolutely not win this. I am going to try so hard and be so crushed you guys wont even know how to console me. My strings will sound like 2 cats fighting at 2am and then getting run over by a Yugo that has a muffler scraping the ground that makes a train coming to a screeching halt sound like a symphony . So you better come prepaired.... you been warned
I set this theme up JUST FOR YOU. Cats are warmly welcomed at all times. Bring it.

violin shed GIF

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
I set this theme up JUST FOR YOU. Cats are warmly welcomed at all times. Bring it.

violin shed GIF
Bruh... you tryin to say I am some sort of fiddle playin backwoods type hillbilly mofo that enjoys putting roofies into guys drinks and taking them back to my cabin in the woods and having my way with them then dismembering and burying the bodies out in the pasture while fondly looking over all the pictures I took of them while masturbating with talk radio turned up real loud and then taking a shower and crying in said shower?

Is this what you are insinuating?

Pay no attention to how strangely detailed my descriptors are, you cant prove anything....

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Bruh... you tryin to say I am some sort of fiddle playin backwoods type hillbilly mofo that enjoys putting roofies into guys drinks and taking them back to my cabin in the woods and having my way with them then dismembering and burying the bodies out in the pasture while fondly looking over all the pictures I took of them while masturbating with talk radio turned up real loud and then taking a shower and crying in said shower?

Pay no attention to how strangely detailed my descriptors are, you cant prove anything....
Precisely. You're that backwoods banjo-playing dude with a signed Hillbilly Jim poster over your bed.

wrestlemania iii wrestling GIF by WWE

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
For anyone sampling, of course there's tons of stuff. Just look for solo performances, although some do have piano as well. This one is just solo:

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
So queery:

Does it have to be like English / American type orchestral strings? Like what about Indian or Japanese or whatever? Or are we just looking for violas and violins and cellos etc?

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
well, they have bowed strings and plucked strings... are we referring to just bowed? I guess plucked could refer to guitars, so I dont know if that qualifies. I am really not trying to be difficult lol

Status
Not open for further replies.