Warzone Beat Battle - November 12-13, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next battle will be from November 12-13th! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on November 12th at 12pm ET, and end around 8pm ET, or until we reach 16 contestants (whichever comes first).
Voting will be for 1 day, on November 13th at 12pm ET, where the results will be posted the same day.

Check out the Warzone ranks: https://www.illmuzik.com/beat-battles/?cat=war

*Note: check out https://www.worldtimebuddy.com to find out the correct time difference for your timezone.

When you signup, you MUST upload all 4 of your beats. The upload page will close at 8pm ET!

The Signup page is here (it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: NONE
Time Limit: 2 minutes
Vocals Allowed: NO
Vocals on the Hook: NO

Rounds

*All times are in Eastern Time.
  • Round 1: 12pm - 1:30pm
  • Round 2: 1:45pm - 2:45pm
  • Round 3: 3pm - 3:45pm
  • Round 4: 4pm - 4:45pm
  • Results: 5pm

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

Voting Criteria

You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

warzone_flyer2021111213.jpg

Last edited:

Syn-apses

Battle Points: 2
Ive never done one of these, do we upload 1 beat for each round or just 1 beat total? And is the time limit 1 minute or 2 minutes?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Ive never done one of these, do we upload 1 beat for each round or just 1 beat total? And is the time limit 1 minute or 2 minutes?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
UPDATED RULES:

Delta_Nine

F*** UR MIX
A few months ago someone says (not verbatim) on a warzone forum "...... so uh, hard pass cause he had a vocal. Dope beat tho". Yeah, criteria. I get that. But really, we ain't rapping so Who cares? That goes for tags.
If the beats is dope its dope. No?

Last edited:

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Its more about people whining that the battles are unfair when they aint.

I mean, using things that would appear outside the rules to gain a favour definitely would be classed as unfair.

Using beat tags in anonymous battles could definitely be seen as unfair.

If something says you can't do/use something and someone does. that would be unfair.

It's like if someone was colluding over votes, or getting friends to vote. That would be unfair. But they could say 'it ain't unfair, you just need more friends' or 'it ain't unfair, just get smarter'.

There are rules for a reason.

Obviously, these battles are 'competitions', in organised competitions, there are rules.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
But there ain't really no need for talking about it, Fade made the rules... there was rules that to some divided opinion on whether they were being broken or not, some people said they feel it did, others didn't, so Fade responded by adding a rule that makes it more clear when it is/isn't allowed.

I think if enough people have issue with a rule because it isn't clear or being stuck to. Then raise it. But right now it seems people understand the rule.

EVen Fade himself noticed/said "seems like a lot of beats have been using vocals lately, let's have some without" - I don't see what's wrong with that.

I mean, using things that would appear outside the rules to gain a favour definitely would be classed as unfair.

Using beat tags in anonymous battles could definitely be seen as unfair.

If something says you can't do/use something and someone does. that would be unfair.

It's like if someone was colluding over votes, or getting friends to vote. That would be unfair. But they could say 'it ain't unfair, you just need more friends' or 'it ain't unfair, just get smarter'.

There are rules for a reason.

Obviously, these battles are 'competitions', in organised competitions, there are rules.
now the guy that told me adamantly that he doesnt vote according to the rules but instead by personal criteria is now talking to me about the rules being for a reason, lmfao.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
I vote 100% on rules, and if that doesnt get me a winner then I have to go to personal choice.
But you and whoever were condemning me for saying the mix element wasn't most important to me, saying if a beat didn't have a good mix you wouldn't vote for it.

Whereas just cause cause a beat has a good mix doesn't mean it's a good beat.

I rather vote for a dirty diamond than a polished turd.

It's also the approach A&Rs and Producers worth their weight take, so I feel reassured in taking it.

Besides it's rare you'd see me votefor an absolute mess of a mix and i bring up mix related things in my notes.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
So wait, when i just listen to entries and vote for stuff that makes me go "Daaaamn cuuuz thats dope", im doing it wrong?

No hate or such, im just curious, since i have to honestly admit that i dont pay special attention to a specific detail, i just lean back and try to "feel" the product in its whole state and how it makes me feel compared to others and if it transports the idea of a theme when one is specified.

The one that bangs the most and transports the theme best gets my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.