Warzone Beat Battle - November 12-13, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@Drago Zetić I really thought your round 2 & 3 beats were @nottr .

@FatCampProd. Round 2 very nice gutter.

@Iron Keys Round 2, love the low end.

Everyone else, my ears are tired. I'll try to give more feedback tomorrow. Good job everyone.

Well Done Reaction GIF

This was really dope.

@2GooD Productions Congrats! I really liked your 3rd round beat. Very nice progression.
Thanks, I really thought @Armani had me in r1. That beat had a lot of impact, just needed a bit more variation i think and Id have lost that for sure. Was surprised to see myself in the top bracket for the final. My r3 beat was me trying to do a Pete Rock beat, not the easiest of tasks, but I thought I did quite well. Glad you liked it, its been quite popular.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Thanks, I really thought @Armani had me in r1. That beat had a lot of impact, just needed a bit more variation i think and Id have lost that for sure. Was surprised to see myself in the top bracket for the final. My r3 beat was me trying to do a Pete Rock beat, not the easiest of tasks, but I thought I did quite well. Glad you liked it, its been quite popular.
Yeah round 1 with you and @Armani was really close. Like closer than butt sex.

yeah very nice work! my stand outs so far...

@Armani for ur round 3! that was tight shit nicely played!- also loved nadeem! would love to see your aunties/uncles and grand parents gettin a groove on to it
@Delta_Nine also your round 3, glad i lost to it, was excellent-that guitar fits the beat just right
@Andante your round 4 was quality!-though wz02 was wycleff in fugee mode-that took me down a path brother!

congratulations @2GooD Productions - dug this alot although...
@Andante my MVP!
@Fade thanks for organising the comp-chuffed you though i was @Drago Zetić in round 2 i'd have been so proud of that 1-stood out to me alot. really liked the orhan of yours in round 1 also.

i've definitely got 1 or 2 things more to say but congragulations to everyone

actually before i sign off on this- @Iron Keys round 2 bogeyman! lol unlucky-thought by your tone earlier you wouldn'd be in this one! i nearly voted for you in round1(really liked it) couldn't decide between u and @Mahlhavoc (but the production of his mix, my god!). then u came up against the ghost of christmas wyclef in the 2nd... the second round lads that's where u need to top load that shit!

take care

@2GooD Productions your pete rock effort was my favourite-i could irone the creases out on that shit for ye ;).
there's an actual pete rock remix comp on this month though deadlines the 28th i think... here's a link

winnder gets an mpc live 2 retro edition signed by him and an hours zoom call with him lol
fuck the zoom call....

@Vossi Beats sorry i know the 2nd round hurts-that's why i frantically threw my 'subarmine will sink you' effort on wednesday evening-it's still not quite finished but i didn't think there were many out there would win against it-sounds crisp...
i was let down a bit by yours-was nice but a bit too studty playlisty eh? you used to have a bit more funk to it ;) your sample flip from round 1 though was a joy to behold! thought about sampling this before lol-you did a 5* job on it well done

Thanks 2G and giganottr

The highlight for me were the way @Mahlhavoc ended up beating @Iron Keys, 2GooD puttin the new #1 in his place and then @2GooD Productions still edging it on me. That was the most important part imo, cuz the winner on that would've probably won the whole thang anyway.

Epic Battle!

@2GooD Productions your pete rock effort was my favourite-i could irone the creases out on that shit for ye ;).
there's an actual pete rock remix comp on this month though deadlines the 28th i think... here's a link

winnder gets an mpc live 2 retro edition signed by him and an hours zoom call with him lol
fuck the zoom call....

Nice one, thanks for the link. I find making Pete Rock beats very challenging lmao, thats why Ive only ever made one. The 28th is a fair distance away, I might get to do something for it.

Thanks 2G and giganottr

The highlight for me were the way @Mahlhavoc ended up beating @Iron Keys, 2GooD puttin the new #1 in his place and then @2GooD Productions still edging it on me. That was the most important part imo, cuz the winner on that would've probably won the whole thang anyway.

Epic Battle!
there's a long season ahead surely-i've just upgraded to studio headphones and quite comfortable with my girl having me in the dog house, i was hoping to flourish in the early spring and join the rest up top for an epic decider come the summer? when is the season over @Fade ? i want a full statistical breakdown in a youtube video where you have a co-presenter like snoop

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yeah but with Pete you gotta have patience because he talks in slow motion sometimes
when is the season over @Fade ? i want a full statistical breakdown in a youtube video where you have a co-presenter like snoop
It's over when I bust a nut. Snoop's not available. I have Dre instead.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
There's a lot of beats so I'll give quickies.

Round 1:
@Mahlhavoc - Tight! Nice bassline, good strings, well mixed.
@Iron Keys - I like this one, bass is dope but a bit too heavy. Melody is catchy.
@Andante - Funky. Dope drums. Good mix. I wanted to hear more of the synth from the beginning.
@Delta_Nine - Very smooth. Reminds me of summer. Nice drums. Mix panned left?
@Mobrownbeat - I like how it starts off. I think what's missing is a proper drum track though.
@nottr - Very hype. Great for round 1. Drums hit hard. Good control of the levels considering the loudness of the sounds. Bass is hard.
@Vossi Beats - This one moved so well with that classical sample. Bassline fits perfectly.
@FatCampProd. - Very nice sample usage. Drums are dry and could use more of a stereo feel to them.
@2GooD Productions - Nice bassline. Drums tight. Strings good. Good mix. I like how you transition.
@Armani - Very good use of horns. I like how the beat is put together. Drums could be a bit more exciting.
@Sethique - Smooth beat, I like how it moves. Could use more variation though.
@guitardep - I love this guitar. Mix could be cleaner. Sounds very narrow and up front.
@GuttaTennekey - Dope drums. I like the melody. Good mix. I just think the stop effect was used too much in this.
@Memento Beats - Nice mix. Good strings. Bassline is good, nice wobble.
@InnerThug - It's that distortion! But the melody is good, good changeups, just the mix for me though.
@Drago Zetić - Nice organ. I expected something else on top but this was good. Smooth. Drums could be a bit more exciting.

Round 2:
@Mahlhavoc - Solid mix. Good guitar, drums. I just think the parts where the bassline is taken out show the kick to be too punchy.
@Delta_Nine - Nice sample. Drums are dope. Again though with the mix panned left. That just throws me off.
@Iron Keys - Very nice bassline on this, as I mentioned earlier.
@Andante - Some cowboy shit. Dope drum track. I like the random sounds. Nice strings.
@nottr - Very tight drum mix. Piano fits well. Nice horns too.
@Vossi Beats - Smooth lofi beat. Mix is really good, everything fits well.
@Mobrownbeat - This would be a lot better without the vocals. I wanted to punch someone.
@FatCampProd. - Good sample usage. Drums should bang on this.
@2GooD Productions - Wasn't your best one in this but the mix was really solid.
@Armani - Good job on not making the strings cheesy. Piano is very nice, drums fit well in the mix.
@guitardep - I like the guitar. The panning on the mix threw me off though.
@GuttaTennekey - Smooth beat. Strings a bit thin but a good mix. Like the previous one, a bit too much of the stop effect.
@Drago Zetić - I karate chopped 3 beer bottles like Mr. Miyagi after I listened to this.
@Memento Beats - Solid mix. Keys sound good. Bass has a bit too much going on but still okay in the mix.
@InnerThug - Clear mix. I just think the melody could have been better. Nice drums.

Round 3:
@Delta_Nine - Similar thoughts to the other rounds.
@nottr - Very good mix but I just think the melody should be more in my face instead of the background.
@Andante - Good string work. Sounds like something from a movie.
@FatCampProd. - Nice boom bap. Good sounds, I think the drums should bang.
@2GooD Productions - Just really smooth overall. My favorite of the whole thing.
@Drago Zetić - Makes me want to murder. Rough beat, good use of the spiel.
@Armani - Very smooth. Lazy drums fit well. Good transitions.
@Memento Beats - I wasn't sure about the vocals at first but it fits well. Nice mix too.

Round 4:
@Delta_Nine - I like that sample a lot, but still similar thoughts overall to the other rounds.
@2GooD Productions - Solid mix. Drums really stood out. You could have switched this out with round 3, but it was still good enough for the win!
@nottr - Nice, clear mix. Good drum work. Horns nice. Good random sounds.
@Drago Zetić - I like these drums, maybe have them stereo to liven up a bit. Dope overall vibe though.
@Andante - This is a nice beat. Sounds like something for a freestyle rap battle. Maybe hype up the low end a bit.
@Armani - Unlike your other rounds, this would should have more hype drums. But good tune, good mix.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
@Iron Keys - I like this one, bass is dope but a bit too heavy. Melody is catchy.
Appreciate you.
Ngl, I felt kinda the same RE the bass, I turned it down a tad, but I dunno, I had a feeling I'd end up turning it down, submitting, and finding out I can't hear the bass.
Really hard to get 808 mixes right.

Love

I made these beats for the PhonK gang, but don't think they turned up! Ha

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360

Round 1:
@Andante - Funky. Dope drums. Good mix. I wanted to hear more of the synth from the beginning.
@Mobrownbeat - I like how it starts off. I think what's missing is a proper drum track though.
@nottr - Very hype. Great for round 1. Drums hit hard. Good control of the levels considering the loudness of the sounds. Bass is hard.
@Vossi Beats - This one moved so well with that classical sample. Bassline fits perfectly.
@FatCampProd. - Very nice sample usage. Drums are dry and could use more of a stereo feel to them.
@2GooD Productions - Nice bassline. Drums tight. Strings good. Good mix. I like how you transition.
@Armani - Very good use of horns. I like how the beat is put together. Drums could be a bit more exciting.
@guitardep - I love this guitar. Mix could be cleaner. Sounds very narrow and up front.
@GuttaTennekey - Dope drums. I like the melody. Good mix. I just think the stop effect was used too much in this.
@InnerThug - It's that distortion! But the melody is good, good changeups, just the mix for me though.
@Drago Zetić - Nice organ. I expected something else on top but this was good. Smooth. Drums could be a bit more exciting.

Round 2:
@Mahlhavoc - Solid mix. Good guitar, drums. I just think the parts where the bassline is taken out show the kick to be too punchy.
@Delta_Nine - Nice sample. Drums are dope. Again though with the mix panned left. That just throws me off.
@Andante - Some cowboy shit. Dope drum track. I like the random sounds. Nice strings.
@Mobrownbeat - This would be a lot better without the vocals. I wanted to punch someone.
@Armani - Good job on not making the strings cheesy. Piano is very nice, drums fit well in the mix.
@GuttaTennekey - Smooth beat. Strings a bit thin but a good mix. Like the previous one, a bit too much of the stop effect.
@Drago Zetić - I karate chopped 3 beer bottles like Mr. Miyagi after I listened to this.
@Memento Beats - Solid mix. Keys sound good. Bass has a bit too much going on but still okay in the mix.
@InnerThug - Clear mix. I just think the melody could have been better. Nice drums.

Round 3:
@nottr - Very good mix but I just think the melody should be more in my face instead of the background.
@2GooD Productions - Just really smooth overall. My favorite of the whole thing.
@Memento Beats - I wasn't sure about the vocals at first but it fits well. Nice mix too.

Round 4:
@Delta_Nine - I like that sample a lot, but still similar thoughts overall to the other rounds.
@2GooD Productions - Solid mix. Drums really stood out. You could have switched this out with round 3, but it was still good enough for the win!
@Drago Zetić - I like these drums, maybe have them stereo to liven up a bit. Dope overall vibe though.
@Andante - This is a nice beat. Sounds like something for a freestyle rap battle. Maybe hype up the low end a bit.
@Armani - Unlike your other rounds, this would should have more hype drums. But good tune, good mix.
Thank you very much for taking the time, much appreciated, sir.

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown

Round 1:

Round 2:

Round 3:

Round 4:

Now that's some effort!

Excited Post Malone GIF by AMAs

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238
@Vossi Beats sorry i know the 2nd round hurts-that's why i frantically threw my 'subarmine will sink you' effort on wednesday evening-it's still not quite finished but i didn't think there were many out there would win against it-sounds crisp...
i was let down a bit by yours-was nice but a bit too studty playlisty eh? you used to have a bit more funk to it ;) your sample flip from round 1 though was a joy to behold! thought about sampling this before lol-you did a 5* job on it well done
Nah man I knew right away yours would win, the same in r1. All my beats for this one except r2 was from my rejects folder, I just wanted to see how they would turn out, especially with my r3 and 4 beats, but I'll just save those for later;) Yours was great tho, I also really liked what you did with the guitar samples in your r3, and how the drums fit so nicely inthere with the bass on top of it all in the mix. Nice job man! I did vote for @Delta_Nine in that one. Even though I feel like your mix/master was more spot on I just really vibed with his and I must have heard it on repeat at least for a good half hour and freestyling mfao before even going on to hear the one he was up against. It just hit me right where I was at at that particularly time.

Thanks for the feedback, must have taken you a good while to go through them all like that. Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.