Warzone Beat Battle - October 14-15, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next battle will be from October 14-15th! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on October 14th at 12pm ET, and end around 8pm ET, or until we reach 16 contestants (whichever comes first).
Voting will be for 1 day, on October 15th at 12pm ET, where the results will be posted the same day.

Check out the Warzone ranks: https://www.illmuzik.com/beat-battles/?cat=war

*Note: check out https://www.worldtimebuddy.com to find out the correct time difference for your timezone.

The upload page will close at 8pm ET!

The Signup page is here (it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: None
Time Limit: 2 minutes
*Vocal Track Allowed?: NO
**Vocal Snippets Allowed?: YES

===========
* VOCAL TRACK ALLOWED? This means you can have a full vocal track with your beat (acapella, for example).
** VOCAL SNIPPETS ALLOWED? This means you can have vocal snippets in your beat (very short vocal parts, for example). This is where you can also have an intro with talking (like from a movie).
===========

Rounds

*All times are in Eastern Time.
  • Round 1: 12pm - 1:30pm
  • Round 2: 1:45pm - 2:45pm
  • Round 3: 3pm - 3:45pm
  • Round 4: 4pm - 4:45pm
  • Results: 5pm

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

Voting Criteria

You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

warzone_flyer2022101415.jpg

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Fade's "Smelly" Review:

@2GooD Productions - Good intro. Drum work is dope. I like the strings, they blend in well with that low end. Overall very smooth.

@5ivestar_nc - I thought this one was going to go all the way to the finals! It's the vocal parts that you flipped that make all the difference. Dope sample.

@Armani - I like how the beat moves and good job on the transitions and buildups. The beat kept me listening the whole time.

@Delta_Nine - Dope sample. The horns fit really well. Drums are on point. I was going to say bring up the bass a bit but I think it's good as is.

@Face Valid - What really stands out is the drum pattern with the first couple of 808s(?) at the start of each bar. I wasn't crazy about the vocal parts when that came in but everything else sounds really good.

@Fury Beats - I like the smooth keys at the beginning, it's the other part you brought in that seems slightly out of tune with it. If that was the same note it would be on point.

@Ghali World - I really liked this although I would like to have heard a bit more of the piano as the focus. I think the drum break overpowers the samples just a bit. No big deal, I just they the samples could blend a bit better with the break.

@guitardep - This was dope. That low end threw me off each time because of the levels but besides that I like the synth work. Drums blend in nicely.

@InsideOutBeats - I really wanted to enjoy this one more but it's just those drums that threw me off! I'm assuming you didn't use quantizing? I think if that was tightened up and the drum track compressed a bit, it would be a big difference.

@Iron Keys - Very loud, clean mix. I like the beat overall, I think the vocals could have been kept for the hook only, as it felt a bit too much. But the drums, bass, and strings blend really well together.

@JGrizz410 - This one really stood out with a dope melody. I'm not sure about the vocals but it did blend well in the mix. I like the drums, bass and guitar coming together nicely.

@Mefisto Beats - I was assuming this was the intro, I was waiting for something to drop in, I think that would have been dope too. But I do like the grittiness of this beat. Maybe lay back on that horn slightly, but I really like the percussion and low end!

@MELOHBEATS - This was dope, good synth work. The drums could pop just a bit more, but they're fine. The main thing was the bass. I would like to hear it with a different type of bass sound. Maybe the one you have needs a bit of a filter?

@NonxG - Tight mix. Drums are on point. I like how the beat moves, nice transitions. The vocal parts really make a difference.

@Vtrain56 - Really mellow piano, very nice. If the drums would pop more with a bit of compression that would be dope. But good beat, nice subtle scratches too.

@Wesbeats - I was hoping a proper bassline would drop in with a lead synth! I like what you have though, I think it just needs something else. Although this would be perfect for a rapper on top.

@NonxG Congrats!

:cherry:

Hell yeah finally a bronze
congrats man! same to u @NonxG, I heard that beat and I was like "Aight I'm out"

@Fade ty for the feedback. would appreciate it more if u shit on my beats a little more tho tbh. shit hard. shit like you're on a Iranian toilet. I want all the shit. the shit, the whole shit and nothing but the shit. all colors all flavors n all kinds of shit. imagine the statue of liberty, except made out of shit and it's not the statue of liberty, it's a pile of shit; preferably in a bag in a shoe, except there's no shoe or bag and it's more shit instead. that's how I need my shit.

but thanks fr.

Status
Not open for further replies.