Warzone - December 10-11, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW

Top 5.jpg

Honored!

@Armani the finals beat. That joint is on point. I flipped that sample a few times but I fuck your version.
Thanks and congrats on ur W, but I meant like, for linkin up (if this is what it means), the first 2 weren't samples, Old enough was taken away from the outro of pluto projector by rex orange county, and piero was taken from nostalgia by piero something

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
@Iron Keys : The drum pattern threw me off at first but then I caught on. I really like the bass and piano, I just think the drums could be brighter.
Yeah I played the drums, then when going back to tighten things up I realised the Snare were like on the upbeat.

@Iron Keys : Nice kick. I want to hear more of a pattern though. It sounds like you're just messing with the drums.
What do you mean exactly re just messing?

Piano is on point. Synth work is dope.

ppreciate

InnerThug

prod. by InnerThug
Battle Points: 170
My humble, dirty-ass reviews:

ROUND 1:

@Armani : Let's do the polka!!! I'm seeing Polka Hip Hop dance moves from some guy at an Iranian market.
@BigTyBeatDowns : Hits hard. Love the saw bass. Good lead synth. Drums sit well in the mix. Nice keys floating left and right!
@C12omega : Intro was a bit long but the beat is very smooth. A bit too quiet for a Warzone battle, but still good. Nice flow, I really like the tone of the kick.
@C.TheProducer : Kick is in the red, but besides that good drum pattern that fits well with the melody. Very smooth, I like the transitions.
@DeadBassRecords : This one is super smooth. Good whirling bassline. Nice running kicks. The guitar is nice but slightly repetitive. Good mix.
@Delta_Nine : Good head-nodder. I like the variation and you didn't just keep it the same loop. Drums are smooth. Good mix.
@Face Valid : Nice tune, although I think the drums are bit too loud in the mix. The melody is really nice, I played this on repeat.
@guitardep : Bass is heavy in the mix. Drums a bit too quiet. But the guitar is a real standout! Very dope.
@InnerThug : I wasn't sure about the intro but when the beat drops it makes sense. This is something I can see playing in a horror movie when someone's cutting up a body. Or a cartel video.
@Iron Keys : The drum pattern threw me off at first but then I caught on. I really like the bass and piano, I just think the drums could be brighter.
@Mahlhavoc : Very nice mix. Clear. I can definitely hear 2Pac on this. Bouncy drums, bass is not too heavy, piano is subtle but stands out. Good job on the drum break in the background.
@nottr : Nice horns! I like the record scratch, that adds some nice flavor to it. Drums hit nice. The keys are very smooth. Good mix.
@Pcs shorty : Drums and melody are dope, it's just the mix that needs tweaking. Everything sounds like it's in a tunnel. But the beat is on point.
@pressBIBLEthump : Props on sampling MJ! It would have been nice in stereo rather than left. But then when the changeup came in, that threw me off. I would stick with the first part!
@thebeatscook : Nice intro how the drums come in. The choir really stands out. Melody is dope. Makes me want to sacrifice something/someone.

ROUND 2:

@Armani : Funky beat. Handclap is nice. Intro a bit too long and beat a bit too short. Just as it was picking up it ended. :(
@C.TheProducer : I'm sure I've heard this somewhere before. Flute is good but I would use it more in the background. Drums could be more fluid and less choppy. Piano as well.
@DeadBassRecords : Very smooth, evil. I like the overall vibe. Mix is on point. Mix could be a bit brighter and stand out more, but dope overall.
@Delta_Nine : Another head-nodder. I would love to hear a thicker kick though, but the one you have blends well with the bassline.
@Face Valid : Very nice melody, dope strings. Drums could be a bit more exciting but it's those strings that really get my attention.
@guitardep : I really like that synth, it's creepy. The drums should bang more though.
@InnerThug : Piano and flute is dope. Drums are good, it's mainly the snare that stands out. Good melody and mix.
@Iron Keys : Nice kick. I want to hear more of a pattern though. It sounds like you're just messing with the drums. Piano is on point. Synth work is dope.
@Mahlhavoc : Creepy. As for your beat, it has a nice, weird vibe to it, drums stand out. I really like the choir parts, dope. Bass sits well in the mix.
@nottr : Head-nodder. Sounds exciting, like I want to dance but I won't because I don't dance. But this gets my hips thrusting vigorously. Nice saw bass!
@Pcs shorty : Nice gutter drums. Melody sounds really good. Overall this sounds like a dope intro.
@pressBIBLEthump : Again, this one sounds like a dope beat but the mix needs to stand out. This sounds like it's way in the background somewhere.

ROUND 3:

@Armani : Very nice drums. Haunting melody but very smooth. Would have been good with a nice changeup in the middle.
@C12omega : Intro a little long. Very nice kick and low end, drums could have more clarity/excitement. Melody is good, should be upfront and louder though.
@DeadBassRecords : Very good drums, good pattern. Melody is good, a bit repetitive but sounds nice with that piano.
@Delta_Nine : I really like the drums. Good sound, pattern. Piano is on point, mix is dope.
@Face Valid : Drums sound really good, fix in the mix nicely. Strings are good but would be nice on both sides and a bit more variation.
@InnerThug : Nice song to pick! Piano was off a couple of notes but almost. Drums could be more exciting and not follow the sample so much. Have it let loose a bit on its own.
@nottr : Very bouncy. Synth is very nice, I just feel I need something to invade my right ear. Dope drums.
@Pcs shorty : Piano is dope. Drums sound good with it. Vocal snippets shouldn't be there though, I don't know why I let it in lol.

ROUND 4:

@Armani : Very smooth, nice drums! Melody is really good, just needs some variation.
@DeadBassRecords : Piano is dope, I like the transitions. Drums fit very well with the piano and the mix. It's just the horn(?) that should be swapped out for strings.
@Delta_Nine : This one drops in right away, very nice. Drums could be a bit wider but still really good.
@Face Valid : Good little scratches! Drums are tight, fit well. Mix is solid. Bass is not too heavy. Vocal snippet could be changed out for something else.
@InnerThug : Clever use of Em's vocals. Drums are good but melody needs to be changed to something else. Good mix.
@nottr : Really nice head-nodder. Hype drums. Guitar really stands out in this one. Very good mix.

Congratulations to @Armani !

:cherry:
lol the last two rounds where total out of left field half finished beats especially the Em one lol first time my 4th round beat has ever even been heard ha

So to those of you who didnt know "My Name Is" played backwards says "its eminem yah it is slim" your welcome

and congrats @Armani dope shit

InnerThug

prod. by InnerThug
Battle Points: 170
Nice song to pick! Piano was off a couple of notes but almost. Drums could be more exciting and not follow the sample so much. Have it let loose a bit on its own.
I totally agree about the drums. Its one of my dads favorite songs so something i threw together for him a while ago Didn't want to let to loose for his sake haha.

As far as the piano do you mean the timing or the pitch was off took me forever to compose a melody that fit nicely with the sample. But meshing samples with my original melodies is something Ive been working too get better at recently hence all the participation in the flip this threads (having trouble with this most recent one currently lol)

Always greatly appreciate your feedback no doubt

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
dont you laugh at me @nottr ya lil bastard! your shit was fire... you got me. All love brother.. but highs were too high IMO

*walks away mumbling about simple ass beats while kicking rocks*

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
@Delta_Nine your beats are on point! I really like your drums and sample choice/flip on them. But sometimes I think that the deliberate 'hiss' sounds a bit overdone. Have you tried leaving it out or make it more subtile? In your final beat a proper bass line would really finish it. Again, the musicality is definitely there but your beats just need that little bit of refining to really stand out IMO. Keep it up!

@Armani Congrats :clap:

Btw, I was too happy to be able to get my shit together and write decent feedback letter last night, but my dumbass's takes is that uhh:

I personally feel like I Absolutely EDGED over @Face Valid in the finals so props to him

@nottr the chad himself was my favorite producer in this battle. really great style and vibe, neat drumming, awesome. I almost voted for his r3 beat when he had used it in the alien beat this but then switched to the mf who ended up winning.

The musical talent in @guitardep is legit just Hearable, so easily hearable, he got a Long long way to go with producing and mixing tho.

@Delta_Nine it's kinda annoying how I can immediately tell which beats are you, cuz like I think certain people would avoid voting for you for the sake of not voting for delta nine + I kinda wonder how your stuff would sound like without the filter. still, how tf do u make the songs sound so accurately old? lmao

This @InnerThug man got Taste. so much potential. kinda like guitardep, but in a different way.

@Iron Keys LOL

and at the end of the day, who tf is my stupid ass to judge who's talented or not, these are just my personal takes. Oh and thanks for all the Kind (and also the not-so-kind) words. Cheers! :coffee:

Nice job @Armani really liked your R3 and R4 beats. Congrats on the win!
You're on a roll at the moment!
Btw, I was too happy to be able to get my shit together and write decent feedback letter last night, but my dumbass's takes is that uhh:

I personally feel like I Absolutely EDGED over @Face Valid in the finals so props to him

@nottr the chad himself was my favorite producer in this battle. really great style and vibe, neat drumming, awesome. I almost voted for his r3 beat when he had used it in the alien beat this but then switched to the mf who ended up winning.

The musical talent in @guitardep is legit just Hearable, so easily hearable, he got a Long long way to go with producing and mixing tho.

@Delta_Nine it's kinda annoying how I can immediately tell which beats are you, cuz like I think certain people would avoid voting for you for the sake of not voting for delta nine + I kinda wonder how your stuff would sound like without the filter. still, how tf do u make the songs sound so accurately old? lmao

This @InnerThug man got Taste. so much potential. kinda like guitardep, but in a different way.

@Iron Keys LOL

and at the end of the day, who tf is my stupid ass to judge who's talented or not, these are just my personal takes. Oh and thanks for all the Kind (and also the not-so-kind) words. Cheers! :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online