Week of April 29, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Low G

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Here is my flip.... www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=660805

reviews are on the way...

mercurywaters - Sounds dope then we had that lil rise and things went all crazy... Man If i were driving to this song I'd be weaving traffic like a maniac.

iceman - This is a dope flip I'm not commenting on tha drums tho cuz I allready read about whats up with that.

skidflow - Not bad at all just not feeling that sorta repedative part in the background. Other then that it's sounding good.

2good - Ladies and gentlemen.... yes this is sounding dope and thanks for helping me count all the way to 12 a nice educational sounding hip hop beat. I like the way you flipped the vocals in this one.

Ominous - Nice, started off dope then I felt I had to wait too long to get to the change with the acapellas. Now that I'm in the acapella part it's sounding dope again. Overall a dope flip.

InsaneMF06 - Yo this is sounding eerie I'm liking this. Yeah man that was cool and an interesting flip.

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 99
Wow thats a dope sample. man thats crazy reminiscent rite there! damn i didnt realize how dope that song was back when i was like 3 or 4. Imma try to get down with this 2nite and give some views later on.

O

open mind

lowg thats a phat flip mayne.sound like some primo shit fo real mayne.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Mercury - 7/10
Very busy. The editing was very detailed but the beat was to wild for me.

Iceman - 8/10
This was really dope. Teddy Riley had a song on Michael Jackson's Invincible able that had a similar break treatment. If I have time I'll pull the aduio and you'll what I am talking about. Good stuff.

Low G. - 8/10
The timing seemed a little off but the overall feel was sick. Good job.

Insane - 6/10
The beat composition was dope but the overall sound quality was way off. It was very muffled. The beat is tight, but better when cleaned up.

2Good - 9/10
Very nice. I like it alot. The cuts are great.

VOO - 8/10
I liked this alot. i alwats try to reverse samples but I don't flip it up as good as you do. Welcome to illmuzik.

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Here's my go at it. Im luvin this joint

The Numbaz Gang Bang!

im at work so im goin back and forth listenin to folks jointz. It always interestin to see how others take there spin on these things. Dope takeoffs from the couple i've been able to listen to. Check out my joint!

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Mercury Waters- yo beat goin good wit the type of day im havin. you always got the drums that bang, dope beat homie.

IceManbeats- Tight flip

SkidFlow- I like the flip id just like to hear more of the breakdown or changeup. thats just me.

Ominous- Whuddup Yo! I aint seent ya since i was in PHX lol! you crazy for pullin that sample out. I like your drum play and how you pulled in the other number samps.

InsaneMF06-This is definitely outside of the box. But not in a bad way, you took a whole nother approach. Cool.

Low G- Tight flip

Voo- That joint is dope. i fux with that mix. good 2nd post. welcome 2 illmuzik!

Symphonic

Custom User Title
ill o.g.
Shortfuze - Nice i like it, some nice drums, some good variations, and nice pan effects.

Mo feeds.

Ominous. I like this flip, apart from the way the Ominous version jumps straight in. On a constructive note, id suggest maybe echoing out the 10, and then letting the beat drop. Its seems sudden is all. But once the beat gets going I like it. The vocal samples are a good touch, keeping with the numbers theme of the track.

InsaneMf. Filtered the hell out of those samples, another flip that I wouldnt have expected. I cant recognize the samples at all. Some different shit. Id maybe layer another drum kit over the top to give the track extra frequency range coverage.

LowG. Great start to the track. Funky sounding. And I like the drums. Sounds like its on a premo tip. Yeah I like this. Id work a little on thickening the bassline tho. The notes are fine, its just the sound of the bass is a bit weak IMO. Maybe change it to a bass guitar? to keep with the funkyness. Good flip.

Voo. Short but sweet. I like the reversed samples, thats some tight shit right there. Nice chop selection and placement. Good flip. Welcome to Illuzik.

Shortfuze. This is tight, sounds a lot like a madlib track. Tight work, I cant fault it.

Low G

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
lowg thats a phat flip mayne.sound like some primo shit fo real mayne.

Thanks, that's one of the best comments you can get as far as a sample showcase goes...

Here's some more feedback.

Voo - Nice work man I'm feelin the extra vocal sounds put in there. It took a moment to pick out the original sample but it's used well sounds dope.

ShorFuze - Mmmm that sounds funky nice flip man.

Low G

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I like this version merc you allways got some unique filps... Dope shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online