Week of August 18, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visceral

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Can't believe it, I sampled this about 2 years ago, got the original pressing. If I've got time will give it another go though and try something more creative (my original was a loop EQ'd with drums). Respect Iceman

Schizo-Manic

b33lz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Spanish- nice little flip bassline implemented works cool chill beat
F.G.- feeling the uptempo party vibe it has a dope rhythm makes you wanna move something
Kontents- that was fresh on some sly shit cool flip

here is my flip
Confessionz

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Here is mine:
https://www.illmuzik.com/producers/directory/K/kontents/turnoffate.m3u

Spanish. The flip was nice definitly got me in the mood to make mine. Only complaint is the drums. and only cause you have drum skills that make me feel like shit when I post my beats lol i just felt they lacked the SPHarlem drum style that I know.

Forest- Liked the flip sound was hype, nice vocal add. The beat had a lot of flava very different for an approach with the flip good job.

Schizo- NIIcee I liked the way you set up the intro with the envelope pass. Drums were strong. All in all solid work

Good job everyone.

Gene Flo

"Current Events" OUT NOW! www.TheVerbalImage.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
Here is mine:
https://www.illmuzik.com/producers/directory/K/kontents/turnoffate.m3u

Spanish. The flip was nice definitly got me in the mood to make mine. Only complaint is the drums. and only cause you have drum skills that make me feel like shit when I post my beats lol i just felt they lacked the SPHarlem drum style that I know.
Good job everyone.

I was going grimey off the bat so I wanted to keep it simple with the boom bap style...

all my beats have my S.H. STYLE! I never said it was done!

ForestGlenn

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Word. Schizo- i was liked your first beat,sounds like something theyd play on cartoon network , between the different shows, your second be was aiight, but the first, yes.

Kontents- i liked your beat, it sounds like a story, someone is telling a story over your track

Im glad yall enjoyed my flip as well

Peace

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
yo, seems like the same people are frequenting this shit so i'll get my reviews in from last week that i never got into the last thread and hopefully everyone from last week will see em, and then i'll do the current one.

LAST WEEK'S TANGO FLIP

skidflow (MELLOW TANGO FLIP) i like the drum line. especially the hats. i like the track overall too. real mellow, nice easy listen, just sit back and enjoy. it might be a little too long just because there's not that much variety so it starts to get a little repetitive. definitely a chill track though.

2GOOD (FLIP 1) oh yeah man, that is a SICK flip. you rocked this one. the flute might be the only thing I question. maybe a different instrument choice for the flute. no suggestions other than that. straight up banger.

(FLIP 2) solid flip, not as hot as that first one though. i can't pick out that much in particular that i dislike. it just doesn't come as hard. the bassline is a little boring.

ICEMAN (TANGO ON ICE) interesting flip. i think it's a really good concept, but the execution doesn't come all the way through. needs a change up in there somewhere. i think the sample selection is good. it just gets repetitive. i think it could use a bigger bassline, or just EQ things a little differently, cuz it sounds really middy/high. no lows.

SCHIZO-MANIC couldn't find your flip. gimme the track name in your post next time

FOREST GLENN (TANGO WALKIN) i'll give you this one for free. next time make sure you toss reviews back at the other posters. nice flip. am definitely feelin it. i might bring out the bassline a little more. i can hear it way back in there. could use a little more presence. otherwise it's really well put together. nice sample selections, good flow, i don't like the part at 30-55 seconds as much as the rest of it. definitely a good flip though

VISCERAL (IT TAKES 2 TO TANGO) nice quick little flip. you gotta work on the levels though. the whole track is mad quiet. the bassline is nice but maybe a little too overpowering. could use some variation also if you wanted to make it a longer track, but a solid flip nonetheless.

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
aw man. this weeks sample is hot. haha, you don't even have to flip it. just toss some drums on that and you got a banger. i bet some of the flips are gonna come out soundin like some mobb deep shook ones type shit.

i'll try to do this one up myself a little later tonight and get some reviews in

Status
Not open for further replies.