Week of August 18, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForestGlenn

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yo, seems like the same people are frequenting this shit so i'll get my reviews in from last week that i never got into the last thread and hopefully everyone from last week will see em, and then i'll do the current one.

LAST WEEK'S TANGO FLIP

skidflow (MELLOW TANGO FLIP) i like the drum line. especially the hats. i like the track overall too. real mellow, nice easy listen, just sit back and enjoy. it might be a little too long just because there's not that much variety so it starts to get a little repetitive. definitely a chill track though.

2GOOD (FLIP 1) oh yeah man, that is a SICK flip. you rocked this one. the flute might be the only thing I question. maybe a different instrument choice for the flute. no suggestions other than that. straight up banger.

(FLIP 2) solid flip, not as hot as that first one though. i can't pick out that much in particular that i dislike. it just doesn't come as hard. the bassline is a little boring.

ICEMAN (TANGO ON ICE) interesting flip. i think it's a really good concept, but the execution doesn't come all the way through. needs a change up in there somewhere. i think the sample selection is good. it just gets repetitive. i think it could use a bigger bassline, or just EQ things a little differently, cuz it sounds really middy/high. no lows.

SCHIZO-MANIC couldn't find your flip. gimme the track name in your post next time

FOREST GLENN (TANGO WALKIN) i'll give you this one for free. next time make sure you toss reviews back at the other posters. nice flip. am definitely feelin it. i might bring out the bassline a little more. i can hear it way back in there. could use a little more presence. otherwise it's really well put together. nice sample selections, good flow, i don't like the part at 30-55 seconds as much as the rest of it. definitely a good flip though

VISCERAL (IT TAKES 2 TO TANGO) nice quick little flip. you gotta work on the levels though. the whole track is mad quiet. the bassline is nice but maybe a little too overpowering. could use some variation also if you wanted to make it a longer track, but a solid flip nonetheless.

lol, i know, yea thats was my fault, but much respect to all the producers period

Visceral

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
VISCERAL (IT TAKES 2 TO TANGO) nice quick little flip. you gotta work on the levels though. the whole track is mad quiet. the bassline is nice but maybe a little too overpowering. could use some variation also if you wanted to make it a longer track, but a solid flip nonetheless.

Thanks bro, apprechiate the feedback. Will spend some more time checking levels next time, cheers.

T

The Arkitekt

whats everyone tappin this out at i cant tell between 89-90 which one it is

Schizo-Manic

b33lz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
SCHIZO-MANIC couldn't find your flip. gimme the track name in your post next time

yea I deleted that shit...

Schizo-Manic

b33lz
ill o.g.
mixmeister sucks!! tap out manually, it takes less than 15seconds to find the bpm unless you don't have rhythm....LoL

aight I just tap it out the tempo is 89.218

peace

Schizo-Manic

b33lz
ill o.g.
thats cool I use the mouse too and I have no problems its all mathematics.. .. to each its own..
I used mixmeister in the past, before I knew u could tap out tempos I used to get wierd bpms like it was inaccurate 90% of the time..

Heres my flip...http://www.dj2good.co.uk/music/playa.php?id=145
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spanish. This is a dope flip, good stuff.

ForestGlen. This is a dope flip too, I can barely recognise the samples. Youve got skills, repect.

Kontents, damn yours sounds like mine. Or mine sounds like yours. I wish Id listened beforehand now.

Listening now...

T

The Arkitekt

nice one 2good... i like how you switch up the reverb on the snare

T

The Arkitekt

aw, kontents feels left out... lol

your shit is dope too man

ForestGlenn

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Word. Schizo- i was liked your first beat,sounds like something theyd play on cartoon network , between the different shows, your second be was aiight, but the first, yes.

Kontents- i liked your beat, it sounds like a story, someone is telling a story over your track

Im glad yall enjoyed my flip as well

Peace

come on fam, u know i got u ,lol

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
aw, kontents feels left out... lol

your shit is dope too man

lol I just felt like I was being over looked and figured I would not comment on anyones next time. But thanks for the feed hommie. I mean if you listened to 2goods you basically listened to mine.

shits funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online