Week of January 9, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
GRAFIK said:
god damn son, shit is mean!!! real nice work, beat is nasty, not really feelin the bongos that come in, but shit is serious

ya that shits hot Im Pretty sure those were Toms though then again Its hard 2 tell on this Crappy computer im on

Bloodybastid

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Big D:

Yeah this was damn creative. It took me a while to notice that it was the same sample. Nice work. But what's that with that snare. Kinda weak right there. Oh well...it ain't about that anyways. The only problem is that it seemed a little here and there...but overall damn good.

Trebeatz

This one is completely different. I can tell right away. The middle I liked...but I feel that the strings were kind of annoying. Kind of high-pitched and everything.

Grafik

Yeah this is kinda cool...the drums pattern is fast and nic. Keeps you on pace with things. But it seems like you were trying to do too much. Maybe because it's the fast pace of this track. The little change-up/hook in the middle was kinda wierd tell you the truth.

M.S.

Nice bassline you got there. THe voice in the background is kinda tight....but this one is about the same as the Grafik's...the way you flipped it. You flipped the same parts. But I like the bass on here.

Vince:

Yeah this almost sounds like some DJ Premier type of track. It's really nice, has an East-Coast vibe to it. It's even harder to tell that it came from this sample. This was really cool.

Tha1AndOnlyDJT

DJ Will Kill
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
Bloodybastid said:
What's up with that constant chant? Didn't feel too well in my opinion. The fast hats...sounds like you were going for some South track. But real unique in its own way. I would just try to add some more of the sample into the mix.

It might just me but i like Samuel's beat the best. this guy was thinking out of the box. Just put some reverb on those chops so it fills the beat up a little more.

samuelock

I want Funnel Cake.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 110
Okay, here's my reviews on yoou guys' beats:

BiGD - real grimey. i like it a lot. the snare's killing it(good thing) and you chopped the sample up like freakin' parsley.

Tre - not bad. i think it has a little too much reverb. gives the beat too much space. other than that, it's a very nice beat

Solace - man oh man. i want to make love to the drums. hahah the snare's so nice. i like how you looped that one part as kind of the base of the beat. i could definitely hear someone spittin to this.

Grafik - man! where do these people find these nice snares! i like the feel. it's grimey as well. the kick drum seems panned to thr right though...or maybe it's just me. you chopped the sample up like crazy as well. hehe

Ruel - very nice. i can imagine hova or something spittin to this. the only thing i can find wrong is that the intro completely cuts off. i know it's intention, but sounds a little too empty

M.S. - i think the bass is in the wrong key. other than that, i love how simple the beat is. it's clean. 'cept for the throwing up

Vince - once again, a frekin nice snare. i like the shaker. i need to find me one of those. i like your beat. it can be serious or laid back.

Lord/Bloody - i like the change up after like thirty seconds, but the spaces between the sounds didn't sound the same length. not bad at all.

--------------------------------------------

heh that's my typical style: classical hip hop beats.

i sample lots of classical stuff. and i also compose my own.

www.soundclick.com/samuelock

check em out if you want

G

Ghetto Ace

Ye watup fellow MPC'ers lol, ima hav a go at dis sample flippin too, see wat i come up wid

ill o.g.
thanks yo some1 should make a post with a list of all the links to tha beats and make the beats free downloads or sumfin cos it would be much easier i think

lowlow

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
dam ya'll on here doin it up, flippin the hell out that sample.. everybody did a nice job flippin it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online

No members online now.