Week of March 20, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
5th Sequence - You know you killed that! I'm at work with headphones trippin on that one. I like the way you used that big sounding cymbal at the beginning plus the sick hi-hats. That's the intricate (sp?) part of the percussion I lack in my beats. Thanks for the "schoolin".

Bigrob - Beat's nice! When I listen to it, I want to hear Qtip and Phife trading verses on that shit.

O

open mind

ruimixx
"sheik fool" ayo i like how u fliped the sample and all changups and stuff but the mix is horrible the bass fucks all up lay it down and also the kick its too loud.if this is mixed well then it will burn speakers away !!!thats the way AHA AHA i liiiiiiiike it.

*note
its interesting to use the electro durty south style drums on the sample but a warm ol skool kick n ol skool snare would fit better IMO give it a try.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
word thanks for the feedback guys. Yeah the sample arrangement itself isn't too amazing at all, its the drums that bring it to life. It just goes to show how fitting drums to a sample really makes the difference. I started by arranging the samples then went through and really stuck the drums to it. Added the bells as a good transition cuz I like to keep it moving.

Rumixx!! link worked. The intro worked too, good way to kinda start it off. The main melody was cool it worked but I it could have used a slight change up to it. The breakdown part was cool too it reminded me of like an elephant stampede or somethin lol. My .02, I'd try messing with the sample a bit more I can hear you getting more creative and adding more elements from the sample in there.

Big Rob
This was pretty chill man. I liked the bassline goin with the sample and everything. I think if the mixing was tighter it may bring everything together nicely. The change up with the snare is cool too it works as a good transition. Overall this is a cool direction you took it.

THANKS to everyone who reviewed mine again and nice work to everyone. Peace to grafik for finding and posting that sick fucking sample. I seriously love that sample!! :thumb:

Peace!!

O

open mind

i made it a bit faster changed drum patter a bit and hihats and the first bassline. i didnt record my rap.lol. i found out rappin on version 2 works better to flow

after i finsied a beat i try to spit sum shit on it to see if it works thats what i meant i didnt record it

O

open mind

5th Sequence said:
bigrob my man, i checked out version #2. what's different? I thought you said you were rapping on it. I couldnt tell specifically what was changed then. My bad lol

wich version u could flow better ?

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Thnx for the feedback fellas. Tonight I'm going try and fix the mix and see what I can add. Peace

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
I did think the second sounded better but at the time i didnt know what it was about it. I was actually listenin but couldnt put my finger on it. The other one I forgot to mention seemed a tad bit slow so I think you got it pretty nicely.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
vince: nice fucking flip man, this shit is hot fo real, has a very mellow feel to it and i like the nice little pause you put in this, and i'm the lovin the bass you used on this joint, fits the track perfectly, i only wish it were longer.................oh well, real nice job man

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Thanks man! :p It's long enough to spit a "hot 16" ;D

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
Yo i added my part, i'm not quite satiisfied with it, but i gave it a try... Hope next time it will turn out better..

Here it is: http://www.soundclick.com/lazyeyes

it's called Sample Flip

I peeped some of the other joints, will do the rest when i get home from work.

Please check it out even though i'm late
Grafik: Nice Chops on the sample, nice job kid! But the drums i wasn't feeling seemed like they could be a lot thicker.. but the chops is ill.. this could make a dope beat!!

5th Sequence: Very very sick beat! the drums is sick kid! But it would be nice to hear more from the original song back in the beat, like give us some more on the hook, anyways loving ur flip.

Good looks, this is fun Graf, i'm joining nxt week!

One

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Lazy eyes, thanks for the feed. I tend to use samples to build my soundscape and whatnot. Not particularly to keep the same vibe but to build somethin thats why I didnt really leave much of the original song in there. Then I ended up building a full song around it.

I really liked the drum programming on this. It was unique, not the regular stuff you hear. Stuff was really nicely spaced out too. The change up was nice as well, everything was clean. The sample rearrangement was cool I could hear you getting more intricate on it if you wanted. Nice flip though mang.

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
5th Sequence said:
Lazy eyes, thanks for the feed. I tend to use samples to build my soundscape and whatnot. Not particularly to keep the same vibe but to build somethin thats why I didnt really leave much of the original song in there. Then I ended up building a full song around it.

I really liked the drum programming on this. It was unique, not the regular stuff you hear. Stuff was really nicely spaced out too. The change up was nice as well, everything was clean. The sample rearrangement was cool I could hear you getting more intricate on it if you wanted. Nice flip though mang.

Peace man. i know i was try to approach it in a different way then most of u did. Cus i wanted to use the sample in a more spacey kind of vibe with different beats coming to one. I know maybe i should have chopped up the sample a little more maybe, but i was lazy and i was late already entering this.. hehe.. Peep the name it figures right..;)

But ur chops is nice plus ur drums is simple but so heavy..!! def nice, what do u use for chopping up samples bro?

Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online