Week of October 08, 2007

• beat this! voting starts in...
Status
Not open for further replies.

Low G

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
2good - Both versions sound decent to me. I like the vocal touches in #2 a lot but #1 sounds a bit more solid.

iceman - Cool drums in this one. I like it overall good flip. Maby a touch repedative tho.

LDB - This flip has a nice lil bit of swagger in it. It's got some good creativity to it. Good job man.

Relic - This one has it's moments for sure. I like the drums and some of the little effects you've put in here and there like the vocals and that wood block thing... some of the switches are dope. Around the 1:35 -1:60 area is my fav that could be a beat all it's own.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Ight so consesnsus here, the intro horn shit doesnt belong in this and the beat that has the least amount of samples in it that is defined by the extra shaker/hh thingy is the best out of all that,
whereas say the stuff starting at the 16th bar and going for 8 bars is prolly mud,
and the rest is cool..
Am I right?

And Low Im gonna review you in a hot sec, I gotta get off work go to somthing until 7:30 then Im free!

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
In all fairness I have not listened to a single flip, so imma give feedback in a few....I don't even like to get subliminal ideas....LOL anyhow, check the flip up on myspace, Buzz Flip tell me what you think, I haven't flipped anything for probably a year.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73

Low Geezy!
Erika Badu(or a similar artist) would eat that flip up. I'm feeling that change up! Shortin' it up about 4 bars though, it's a bit too long IMO. This shit is luvly.....you must be a real happy type dude because your flips are always light...and that doesn't mean weak either!!!!! They put you in a good mood which is really really nice! Excellent Job homie!

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
In all fairness I have not listened to a single flip, so imma give feedback in a few....I don't even like to get subliminal ideas....LOL anyhow, check the flip up on myspace, Buzz Flip tell me what you think, I haven't flipped anything for probably a year.

Big
Hip Hop Hip Hop.....It's got a Hi-Tek feel to it. Good job!

Low G

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
BigD - I'm liking this flip. It's got a real choppy feel to it that still keeps tha head noddin. Since you say you don't flip anymore you should at least join up this thread once a month. We need a few more cats in here cuz this is a heavy slept on thread.

mercurywaters

hip hop in the flesh
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
my flip:

http://beats.freedomwaters.com/scorpions touch Rendered.mp3

Comments:

*2good - sad1 - i like this. you picked a good loop out of it. not feeling the bass that much. i would like to hear a different bassline - sad2 - i don't like what you composed to this one as much as the first one

*iceman - them drums is heavy as fuck. maybe too heavy for the calm of the sample. a dope beat regardless though.

*lil drama boi - not really feeling this that much. too choppy for me.

*relic - there's a lot of different places you took this. they were all just ok. that clangy clashy intro was the best part to me. you should build a whole beat out of that

*Low G - i like this joint. the transition into the chorus is a little rough. i like the chorus part a lot. (or is the verse? i don't know. it sounds chorusey to me)

*Big D - i like the room sound of the drums. a really good flip though over chopped in some portions to my tastes. the first sequence you start the beat with is magic man. i'm zoning out on that.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Big D- Im likin this, good drums! Nice flip!

Low-G -I like this man! I didnt hear any of that in there! lol, good stuff!

Merc-This is cool dude, these were more along the lines of the samples I was hearin when I was messin with it.Cool flip! Kik distorts but thats your style! :D

Listenin...

Low G

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Merc - Out of anyone here you deffinately got a style of your own IMO. I like this flip it's even got the same piece I was usin in mine but sounds totally different. Good flip tho man everything was sounding solid.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
2-Good - i like the part you flipped on the composed joint, this shit to me, is xtra Hot, now imma have to compose something LOL.

Iceman - Nice joint, I like what you did with it, good stretch on that joint too.

Lil Drama Boi - I like this its a real laid back feel to it, something about the hits tho, thats the only part that i would say is kinda not fitting or maybe to high in the mix.

Relic - I listened to the 1st one and its HOT I like this, your drums are on point too.

Lo G - Hot joint, you focused in on that riff, both you and Merc breathed life into that joint, the way both of you flipped it make this sound like it was sampled from a much newer record, I missed out on that part somehow...(secret is I cheated and autochopped LOL)good flip.

Merc - nice flip, I see you went for the 808 drums wit it, nothing wrong with it, this joint got a jazzy bounce to it, i am feeling it, you killed the chops man nice work.

S

skitzotherebel

1st post

good looks hopefully i can post my beat on here when its done it would be my first

all my shit getts on myspace check it out yall

Status
Not open for further replies.