Week of October 13, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83

Relic - Liking the vocals they're a nice touch. Somehow this seems thin tho like it's lacking punch or power to it. Other then that it's still got head nod value. Some good variety in this one keeps it live as well.

you know what? your right...But in my car it sounded good/ok bass wise.
I been playin with harbal..I need to just leave the initQ on and stop trying to emulate the ref files lol
Ill remaster it.. Thanks for the review!

Heres my flip, I called it No Animosity.
Use link below.

Manguino. The link aint working.

Mercury Waters. This is nice, I especially like the verse part and the bridge into the chorus. This is well done, its a head nodder.

Relic. This is a chilled out version of the track, I have to say the breakdown in it is ill. I want to sample that, lol You have great potential for another beat with just that small part. Overall its a good flip, I wanna hear the remix now tho.

Low G. This is an ill flip, its got a grittyness to it. Nice one.

Low G

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
2good - This flip has alot of energy to it. That sorta twangy pluck sounded good composition wise but I think it stood out just a bit to much to me compared to the level of the sample. Other then that it's a solid flip.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 152
Started out just loopin this then i went a bit chop crazy, and eventually got pissed off n stuck w it, not overly proud of the end result check it out tho ;p

http://www.icemanbeats.com/music/chop.mp3

manguino - cudnt get the link working
mercury waters - strong flip man, i like how u didnt overdo it, just simple progressions and good energy
relic - hahahahaa where did u get them voices love it... ur smashing the fuck out of em with this one
low g - good beaT man, i think the drums could smash a bit harder but its decent
2good - sounds quite pleasant ;p maybe too pleasant, sick tho

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
https://www.illmuzik.com/vip/manguino_lamar.m3u

Relic - Mono it up! Were the voices in the original?! I definitely missed it if they were, if not this is SICK! We both didn't do too much with the sample, but still the way it was arranged was really clean. The little breaks / intro weren't all that nice to me though, kinda threw me off, but nice.

Low G - Yeah... this is amazing LOL. Love the chorus/intro, the verse seems just a little choppy, but you arranged that really nice though. Really took a different route and it really paid off, really nice.

2good - Can't say I'm a fan of the drums, the bass isn't popping off that well for me. Did like what you added with the jabs, really nice how you looped it, gave it a really different feel. Level on the guitar seems a TINY too high. Bass is solid as well!

Iceman - Drums and bass were killin it! I could hardly hear the sample, turn em up a little, really like how you chopped the last parts of each bar/phrase. Loved how the song progressed. The changeup towards the end where the violins drop out is sick, you should've put that in towards the middle or beginning because it does get a little monotonous until then! Favorite so far.

spanish - Love the drums, the shaker thing was a really nice. The way you flipped it was so original, even during the changeup/verse which does come a little late. Yeah, the way you broke this song down was really unique, nice work dude!

Gene Flo

"Current Events" OUT NOW! www.TheVerbalImage.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
2good- I LIKE where you took it! lol, good diff take.Gtr is a lil loud.

Iceman-Good stuff! got a good headnod factor, chops are good!... the voices is my wifey. I didnt hear the voices in your version in the song either tho.lol.

Mansquito- I LOOOVE that snare! nice flipping, good chops there! I think you did more with yours then I did.The voices on mine is my gf/wifey and an Issac hayes sample.

Precog- Where the hell ya been man? lol This is a good flip, cool synths, its chopped nice, not alot of the original there, prolly could get away with this one(not clearing it).Good flip dawg!

Spaynash-very hiphop beat.Its def flipped I cant hear the original much at all, the rotating phase is interesting.Ahh now I hear the original.I like it!

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
LOL i guess the mansquito thing is sticking, huh?

Precog

I Phantom
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
Hey Precog, I havent hit up your myspace in ages, good to see you here on ill.
Representing the UK well. Nice flip, great subtle variation.
Cheers mate, yeah i took a break from beatmaking for a bit and took down the myspace page. I'll probably get another one up soon though cos soundclick is still shit.

Merc - Loads of energy in this, i like all the switchups too. I could probably just listen to a loop of the first section for 3 mins cos its that damn good.

Relic - I cant even rap but I feel like rapping on this. Dope dusty loop that works well and those vocals are sick. Not sure about the bit at the start though it sounds a bit out of place.

Low G - Haha when i first heard the sample i wanted to make something EXACTLY like this. Im glad i didnt attempt it though cos this is seriously sick.

2good - I like how you used the strings in this, yeah this is real nice. I gotta say after listening to some of your other beats it sounds like youve got yourself a signature sound now, thats what ive been trying to do lately.

Iceman - Nice bassline, i dunno if the filter on the sample makes it sound a bit too thin though, guess thats down to personal preference though really. I could imagine some UK mc on this moaning about his girl or something haha.

Spaynash - I was going for a similar phaser type effect with horns in my flip too. I like both sections of the beat, think it would sound good if you could incorporate both ideas into one beat IMO.

Mansquito - That snare is soundin sick. The bassline in this really makes this dope with the way it changes. Nice grimey feel to this.

Low G

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Iceman - Nice flip. I'm liking those lil choppy parts at the end before it loops over it adds a good bit of character to tha beat.

Spanish - This sounds pretty dope. I like the phaser or whatever you added to tha sample it gives it a nice spacey sound to it. Some interesting panning in this as well. The second part is dope too but I think that first bit had the most character to it.

Manguino - I'm feeling this flip. Lots of good variety to it. It's got a slowflow feel to it.

Precog - I'm feeling the swagger in this one. A lot of nice details in this as well like those reverse hats and that spacey kinda pad in there for a bit. Nice flip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online