What about Manny Fresh?????

nospe

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Nobody ever talks about Manny Fresh on this site I just want to give him credit he's nwver samples and all his shit is original and tight he just uses an MCP and a keyboard. His beats are tight Back that Azz up(remember that) I still got females back it up for me when that comes on at parties!
Big Ballin
Bling Bling
Now #1 Stunna Is the tightest instrumental of his I've ever heard I'm not sure if he sampled it or not!
Download the instrumental From KaZza you could sample the guitar!

www.soundclick.com/freshbeats

mercurywaters

hip hop in the flesh
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
i hate mannie fresh. alot of his tracks sound the same to me. its like the same drum section with some new synth over top of it. he's definitely a formula producer. i only judge from the singles i'm forced to hear on the radio and in videos. i couldn't bring myself to listen to an album. not my style of hip hop at all.

jnxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
first off...he does sample..just rarely and he fell off, last few years his beats been weak

nobodyfamous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeah...he started sampling about the past year and a half. he also has a keyboard, bass and guitar player. he did start to fall off and his stuff is sounding the same, but if you analyze some of those old cash money beats that stuff is amazing.

J-malice

PRODUCER ALMIGHTY!!
ill o.g.
meanie fresh...BIG RESPECT! to me he represents "new school" rap. which is the category i put myself in. cuz i dont know SHIT about dat old school shit...thats why most of the underground up north shit dont do much for me. i just dont like tha sound. you dont have to Rock "ice" or pimp hos or nuthin like that, but damn its 2003 atleast have your music sound like it. so thats why i gotta big up meanie fresh he comes wit some good material. (he aint nowhere near my favorite, but gotta give him his credit for doin wut he does)

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
WHY iS iS THAT EVERY FUCKiN PRoDUCER WHo DoESNT SAMPLE iS THE GREATEST MoTHERFUCKER oN THE PLANET...
iTS ALWAYS "oH SUCH AND SUCH iS So DoPE....CUZ HE DoNT SAMPLE"
i NEVER UNDERSToOD WHY PEoPLE oN HERE Do THAT. AND EVERYTiME i SEE iT iT STiLL UPSETS ME.CiTY

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Mannie Fresh is tite.......there's a lot of soul sample producers following Kanye and Blaze....but fugg that .....I challenge you to use what the Dirty south producers do with a lot of their tracks....I mean this (production is an art...but who really cares if it don't sound like Primo or Blaze...LOL I listen to every production style and I can just about emulate it.....those beats rely heavily on very good drum programming there are a lot of cats that can make a simple soul beat backdrop, there is not a lot of complexity or changeups for the most part....Dirty South beats are fuggin fun to make plus they test your skills to try and figure out the sequencing.........for one reason a lot of people think they are dope is because a lot of times they have to really make up the melodies or replay them along with the bassline....not rely up just fitting in a sample from vinyl which is dope but a lot of the ground work is already done for the track you just have to match the loop or beat to the sample loop .....now trust me I had the same hate attitude for producers from the Dirty South but I gotta give it to them they do have some skills with sequencing....I have been coming into contact with a lot of producers that produce those kind of tracks and they actually know a lot about production too, so I got respect for Mannie Fresh's techniques and concepts....

nospe

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I Started this thread and I'ma say summin else,
How hard is it to sample someone elses (hard) work and come up wit a new way to arrange it? I give those cats their props but Dirty South producers e.i.-MANNY FRESH brings his own type of fire to the Hip-hop table! If you listen to Juveniles 400 degreez, you could feel heat by the way MANNY attacks those snares an SD drums am I Right?
has any one out there hear juveniles song HA? It's tight
But if you would just take a second and listen to some old CASH MONEY
shit it's not all about Ballin' and Bling.
thats just the singles to make you cop the album (common thats how the industry is!) those albums are about street life!
Just the same way EMINEMS singles are little happy ass POP songs (YES POP) but his real album shit is LIFE !
THATS THE MUSIC INDUSTRY<FUCK THE MUSIC INDUSTRY(P.DIDDY,FABULOUS,CHINGY,BABY BASH,NELLY,ect.) FUCK EM'
i bet you there 15 year ol white girls sayin "O.k.

WESTSIDE SHIT>>4LIFE CA.LA

soundboy2

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Originally posted by nospe
I Started this thread and I'ma say summin else,
How hard is it to sample someone elses (hard) work and come up wit a new way to arrange it?

MY REPLY:
Just as hard as it is to get a session musician to play a bassline for you or play a melody for you. Which is what 90% of producers do. Even Babyface, Quicny Jones, who ever.

I just can't afford a horn player or a piano player, right now so I dig for a sample that I control.

YOu must think that producers who, don;t sample that much , play all the instruments and, chords , notes in their beats, HAAH!!!

Your feelings would get hurt if you knew, Arranging is a more valuble skill than being able to play a riff on a guitar.

And why does it have to be hard. As long as its good.

nobodyfamous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
man...i dont think it matters if you sample or not, each route produces a unique sound that is dope if it is done right. now i do think if a producer doesn't sample and HE ACTUALLY PLAYS ALL THE INSTRUMENTS him/herself then that is dope

soundboy2

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Mannie, If you tune out the "Down South Rap", or whatever yall call it and just listen to his drum patterns, man he's fucking with Tim, Premo or who ever on the drums,
He top five with the drums. He's the reason I bought a MPC.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
definitely.....the reason why he really is fugging with Timbo is he uses real drum patterns based on guess what??????...I dunno how many of ya'll actually play the drums or were in say a marching band.....DRUM RUDIMENTS and patterns except adding swing and accents ----you might hear basic patterns believe it or not, at a black college football or funky marching bands halftime game......someone said it awhile back Timbo patterns are very much based on reggae patterns and check this....I even analyzed it to something even more basic---->STEP SHOW beats if you listen to what they do with stomping and clapping and canes for any of you that have really been to a step show.....that's my analysis and if you can prove otherwise I welcome you......and also african rhythms.......I guess you gotta be into the Krunk shidd and a lot of people not around the big booties 24/7 or the spinners will never really get what that is ya dig?, it's not for everbody..LOL

soundboy2

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah the only only only way you can really embrace crunk is in the clubs, down south . I aint crazy about crunk myself ,but in the club I love it. Its pure energy, man. Once you see them ghetto stallions gyrate to that shit, you forget that they can't rap. And Lil John is a great arranger in my opinion. But that is not southern rap.

nospe

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
bigdmakintrax you lost me dogg could you simplify?.
And Im from L.A. I just really got in to Manny Fresh when I Heard "I need a hot girl" during that whole CASH MONEY invasion in 98-99 arent the drum patterns amazing
and I think I did understand what you were sayin bigdmakintrax,
Mannys shit does sound like marching shit. But trust me if you guys listened to that JUVENILE 400 DEGREEZ album you'd see that thes dudes are REAL! well at least JUVI.
I did'n really know if you guys were dissin but I'm pretty sure you guys know more about this game than me I've only been in i for a year and Half.
But I wanna hear your opinions on Manny and I'm sorry for insulting SAMPLERS!

nospe

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
bigdmakintrax you lost me dogg could you simplify?.
And Im from L.A. I just really got in to Manny Fresh when I Heard "I need a hot girl" during that whole CASH MONEY invasion in 98-99 arent the drum patterns amazing
and I think I did understand what you were sayin bigdmakintrax,
Mannys shit does sound like marching shit. But trust me if you guys listened to that JUVENILE 400 DEGREEZ album you'd see that thes dudes are REAL! well at least JUVI.
I did'n really know if you guys were dissin but I'm pretty sure you guys know more about this game than me I've only been in i for a year and Half.
But I wanna hear your opinions on Manny and I'm sorry for insulting SAMPLERS!

mod1

ILLMUZIK Bell-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Look,don't matter what all you dudes say cause Mannie Fresh is the one that got me started.After I heard A few songs they made,it made me wanna make beats.And,I been in da game 4 years now I thought it was 3,until I was thinking one day that at the age of 10 years old I was makin beats.I'm A down south producer and,none of my shit sound the same only when I was younger.Now,i'm older and,much more wiser.I am A producer that never sampled any loops.I play all the instruments digital.

Thank You for your Fucking time,LOL

mrjermaine

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
All you guys have pretty valid points but the only comment I want to add is we should be glad we have all these styles and production techniques. If we didn't our ish, hip hop, would all sound the same and be boring like some other music genres. And remember, old school hip hop (real old school like Busy Bee, Cold Crush Brothers, Treacherous 3) is and was dance oriented - crowd participation. Lil Jon reminds me of that era a lot, which is dope.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Oh yeah ok let me simplify, i think Lil John and a lot of the production out the South is hot.....(even though I am not feeling the MC's or rappers that much)........what I am saying is that his patterns are all very well put together and arranged......basically he just transposed realistic drum patterns over to the classic 808 kits and occasionally used a new snare.....I have mad respect for a cat that can make their own drum patterns and make them sound very much like a real drummer and add the bounce....velocity and changeups.....that to me is just as important as flipping samples.......I know some people that just alter the presets that come with the motif and create tite patterns from that....but making your own patterns from the ground up is more of a challenge and yes not everyone can do it.....even though I know there's some people that will say......anyone can do that....but no anyone can't....Mr Jermaine you are right because a lot of people do have the 90's era hip hop stuck as a fixture in their minds to emulate but way b4 that hip hop had....Cold Crush.....Grandmaster Flash...Sugar Hill and all of the happy uptempo flava that sort of went missing in the 90's...

BROUSSARD BEATS

BroussardGoHard
ill o.g.
i make my own drum patterns
this how i do it i just beat on a table like a caveman
Then i go to the keyboard
i play some basslines
i can sample too When i first started i use to make my beats with wave files off Sample cd's only with a 2 cd player and an BMP lock
i use a old keyboard its a EPS 16 plus with a sampler and i can make some hot beats i wish i could put them up but people steal
Don't get me wrong i like to hear you guys sample cause one day you will be sampling me lol and you better have it sounding good or it will not get cleared lol but manny fresh is tight in his own way and yes he do sample his assoff and BruceWayne is tight
hmmmm maybe i will call him lol and get him to Beat battle some of you lol

members online