What are some of your biggest pains in the butt at the moment regarding beat making?

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Well seeing as one beat should be like $5000 i dunno.

I wouldn't sell a decent beatfor less than $500

I haven't checked, but I doubt people are paying that for beats?

Even $5000 has me umming and ahhing... on one hand if that shit goes nowhere, 5K in your pocket is nice. Could buy top tier system with that.

But similarly, if that record takes off, that ain't even a scratch on all the royalties you'd be missing out on.

Dunno if you'd be written into royalties or not. Also the laws in music change so much not sure whether you'd be entitled to em or not.

Even $5000 has me umming and ahhing... on one hand if that shit goes nowhere, 5K in your pocket is nice. Could buy top tier system with that.

But similarly, if that record takes off, that ain't even a scratch on all the royalties you'd be missing out on.

Dunno if you'd be written into royalties or not. Also the laws in music change so much not sure whether you'd be entitled to em or not.
5 g's is cheap for an industry exclusive sale. More like 15

MyDamSelph

Beatmaker
Well seeing as one beat should be like $5000 i dunno.

I wouldn't sell a decent beatfor less than $500

I haven't checked, but I doubt people are paying that for beats?
Well that's why I don't offer exclusives. A lot of artists just wanna get what they can for the lowest price and you'll see people cutting their prices so low they're almost giving it away. I'll never make my prices that low, but I'm trying to stay competitive price-wise. Once I'm a more established name, I'll likely start charging more. Although I've seen DJ Pain (multi-platinum) leasing beats for like $300 so I'm not really sure how far the scale goes. I'd probably want like $1k for an exclusive if I were to sell one.

Battle Points: 153

Chances are ''if'' that first song blows up like that. You will establish that name immediatly, and people will wanna work with ya. So you make it up with the music after that first track :)

I'll take the 5k. Havent even sold a goddamn 30$ lease..lmao. all the if's and what's. Get that name first :) Another smart tactic is handing out free shit (with royalties tho) to an upcoming artist, and his/her friends will want to buy from you.

You have to give and take in this world. Cant be sitting greedy on our beats hoping for a sale. If some day some major artist decide he wants my beat. Hell i would even give it for free if id have to. My mission would be complete and i could already retire happily lol. The fact you became good enough to roll with the top players in the world is already a satisfying idea to me :)

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Havent even sold a goddamn 30$ lease..lmao

This is what i mean tho.

All the artists I know who have made it big or got some kind of success or momentum. None of them are buying beats. NONE.

The only kind of people I know were getting paid for beats were people doing ghost production or people getting paid 5k to do remixes (i had a kinda almost-management situation who was trying to get me into that position re the remixes).

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Buying @Iron Keys instrumentals is the biggest music business scam I've ever come across.

members online