What are you finding fun in music making?

• beat this! voting starts in...

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
LOL then IllMuzik wouldn't be ILL.

that 70s show lol GIF by IFC
Tell him

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
LOL then IllMuzik wouldn't be ILL.

that 70s show lol GIF by IFC
I know, but from a producers view its much better to have access to musical variety. Not like im saying ILL should change or something.

It just sometimes gets very monotone when all you do is kinda the same scheme.

But yeah, shouldnt hijack this thread with this discussion.

Havent made a beat in a few weeks, Im broke as fuck, my laptops fan broke down so havent been able to make music. Im depressed as fuck. The new fan wont arrive for another 10 days, life sucks. On a positive note, Ive learned to make web apps with ASP.net, at least I still have my old backup laptop, its good for web design

Ill is queer enough without glowstick type beats
One thing that has been constant, while rock came and went, garage came and went, hip hop came and went, house music has remained all the way throughout. Im seriously considering giving up on hip hop and jumping to glow stick music. Its just massively more popular. Starting to feel like Im beating a dead horse with hip hop

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I know, but from a producers view its much better to have access to musical variety. Not like im saying ILL should change or something.

It just sometimes gets very monotone when all you do is kinda the same scheme.

But yeah, shouldnt hijack this thread with this discussion.
I know what you mean but that's what the "Music" forum section is for, unless you want to get into specific genres and their style of production. But then everything would have to change since this is a Hip Hop forum.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
unless you want to get into specific genres and their style of production.
Just would be nice to interchange with ppl from different genres to maybe up the own game. Without hopping from server to server. But thats just how i feel. Theres no need to change anything. I wouldnt want ILL to change and when its more populated wed prolly need more strict rules n shit, yeah fk that.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
One thing that has been constant, while rock came and went, garage came and went, hip hop came and went, house music has remained all the way throughout. Im seriously considering giving up on hip hop and jumping to glow stick music. Its just massively more popular. Starting to feel like Im beating a dead horse with hip hop
Just remix all your old stuff and add "2Ravey remix" to the track titles!

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Havent made a beat in a few weeks, Im broke as fuck, my laptops fan broke down so havent been able to make music. Im depressed as fuck. The new fan wont arrive for another 10 days, life sucks. On a positive note, Ive learned to make web apps with ASP.net, at least I still have my old backup laptop, its good for web design
Was literally gonna message you today ask how you doing. That answers my questions I guess!

Hope shit swings back round in the good direction for you soon.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Just would be nice to interchange with ppl from different genres to maybe up the own game. Without hopping from server to server. But thats just how i feel. Theres no need to change anything. I wouldnt want ILL to change and when its more populated wed prolly need more strict rules n shit, yeah fk that.

Hm I don't think it would really work how you think it would - it would largely become some random EDM FutureBumBass forum with a few people trying to ask about hip-hop production in a small corner.
Those other forums/servers already exist, so if you're looking to make EDM or Pop or House or whatnot, you'd be best asking about it there.

Hip-Hop has its own production values and techniques largely, even on GearSlutzSpace there was a specific section for Hip-Hop related audio engineering questions.

The only Hip-Hop you tend to find in all-genre servers is distorted type-beats and 12 year olds.

The type-beat phenomena is a real detriment to hip-hop. It's a dead end with no real direction. Nothing wrong with trap, but typebeat has made trap largely unlistenable for many.

But yeah to return to the original point, if illmuzil was "all genre" then someone would end up making some offshoot or separate forum just for Hip-Hop.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Hope @2GooD Productions you get undepressed & re: Hip Hop, fans/artists/labels made Hip Hop in its present state a corpse. I highly suggest you peep “Super Duty Tough Work” podcast on YT for some good ol’ grown folks Hip Hop discussion. I always say the 90s planted the seeds that sprouted the modern-day fuckery we are witnessing in Hip Hop.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I @2GooD Productions hate that you’re broke as fuck, what are your transferable skills?

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I @Iron Keys been telling folk on other forums I’m active in that Hip Hop is averse to intelligent discourse and maturity hence why you got “bro-ducers” circle jerking each other and clueless teens and twentysomethings on some “I started making beats less than a year, week, month etc. ago! Why am I not swimming in cash and bad bitches?” Ditto for “rappers” on some “I don’t want a non-music career to support myself, I wanna rap to get to the bag and the thots holdin’ it for me.”

Personally I dont think expanding the genres of ill is the beat idea. I dont think any sort of extreme change is necessary. Was surprised to see the change in showcase structure. Not sure its for the best, but time will tell I suppose. Just has the same format now as most other forums, where nobody responds to anybodies posts. So far it seems to be working a little, so thats a positive. Might need little tweaks here and there to attract a younger audience open up more to trap and drill, what they are actually listening to.

Most of us here are die hard hip hop fans, and that means boom bap. I think for the long term we need to stop being so stuck in our ways and be more welcoming of what hip hop has become, instead of bitching about it like a bunch of elitist neckbeards. Im as guilty of this as anybody else, but Im starting to open my eyes to the world of possibilites beyond boom bap, which only old.people listen to.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
I think for the long term we need to stop being so stuck in our ways and be more welcoming of what hip hop has become, instead of bitching about it like a bunch of elitist neckbeards. Im as guilty of this as anybody else, but Im starting to open my eyes to the world of possibilites beyond boom bap,

This tbh.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
I @Iron Keys been telling folk on other forums I’m active in that Hip Hop is averse to intelligent discourse and maturity hence why you got “bro-ducers” circle jerking each other and clueless teens and twentysomethings on some “I started making beats less than a year, week, month etc. ago! Why am I not swimming in cash and bad bitches?” Ditto for “rappers” on some “I don’t want a non-music career to support myself, I wanna rap to get to the bag and the thots holdin’ it for me.”

I think you give too much thought and concern to this.
That's just idiots(respectfully) who are like 'ah i'll do this and make money', would be the same for whatever 'smart idea' they thought they'd get into and make money 'yeah it's my business'. Just excitable people.

But I'm also still waiting on my cash and hoes.