What are you working on right now?

mercurywaters

hip hop in the flesh
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
What musical projects are you working on? Production album? Instrumental Album? working with an emcee or crew?

as for myself, i'm 99% finished with my "O Brother Where Art Thou" Remix album. clashing hip hop, blues, folk, country, and bluegrass. i'm also working on an album built around the poetry of maya angelou called, "In a Sense". other than that i'm just making tons of sample free compositions for use in tv production. i've gotten some stuff on mtv, hgtv, and the discovery channel. trying to make that more of an income source.

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
I'm just finishing up my alter ego (emcee) "Bex" project "Grow" which will consits of 13 songs which I produced 11 tracks after that I'll be working on a instumental project which will be a free downloand. Murcury how did you get your music on tv?

Agent Smith

IllMuzik Junkie
ill o.g.
I"m more than half way through my next solo LP as an mc (which i'm actually producing none of. i got ayatollah on there, thx, earmint, black panther, etc. i'm also working on an e.p. called "friends of mine" which is pretty much all collab tracks with the people i've been working with in l.a. i'm also working on the shadowboxers album with tactik...that should be sick. i just finished paragon black GO DOWNLOAD IT IT"S FREE.
that's pretty much it as of now.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Im just interested to know how you got your music placed on TV. I have been very interested in that for a while.
Have you been going through a production company?

ditto..

Right now Im about to begin work on StepChild's next lp
(anyone interseted in helping get at me, by help I mean beats mixing artwork or what ever you can do)..
It should be a fun one, not really sure the direction yet, either dark or light(prolly dark) and Im gonna polish up my microphone and hop back on it because of popular demand.
Additionally Im stacking up my beat portfolio so I can shop some of those...
ANNND Im trying to learn photoshop because we need a graphics guy on the team, and since we dont have one that mean I gotta do it.
ANNND Ive got a couple of lines in the water as far as someone to shop beats to, so I gotta get back into some R&Bish styles.
Thats about it for now , along with the Illmuzik radio show, and voicetags.

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Working to get investors for this indie label imma be part of. Plan to be a main component in that from production to artist development.

Also doing instrumentals for multimedia.

And still in the "album placement" game..for some quick bucks to build on everything else.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
smash album 90% finished ... first q 08 release .. single(s) coming late nov or early december at the latest. Working on projects with cyserro, 40 flame and famous, tom gist, and possibly trife of theodre unit. Ive recieved interest from a few diffrent camps/areas and im kindof figuring out where to go from here. My aim right now is to "brand" my production sound and get a few emcees that really arent afraid to step out of their comfort zone and be unique and a little left but still hot and relevant. My main focus right now is the smash album. i feel its a milestone for me doing this album. Its left field but its still right if u get me. First thing after the smash album is released i plan starting a new album with me as an emcee and using some other producers beats as well as a few of ours. This album will go wayyyy left field but still be marketable as well. I wanna rap over some beats that other niggas wouldnt touch and show these industry niggas how to be creative and evolve with the music. I got some ill memebers in mind for that one I will holler at soon!

oh yeah relic i need to get at u . Stepchild might be the only guest rapper on the smash bros. album lol. For the final song on the album I think a stepchild verse would do it justice. Ill pm u.

Quality

Godson of the Clapper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 19
I've been working on the beats for an upcomming album with my emcee/cousin, Remix. I think I've elevated my beats in the past few months, and I'm definitely glad with the results. I've also just recently taken up writing over the summer. Its definitely a great experience, now I'm just waiting for my MIC to come that ordered off ebay so I can record some stuff for the album.

I also have a few collabs comming up in the future. I got one track locked down with 5th Sequence. Can't wait to hear the results of that track once he writes/spits to the beat that I made. Also I'm gonna be putting a few tracks together with an MC named FuQ.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
All I can say is check billboard independent labels the last qtr 07 first qtr 08. Just lock'd down a national promotion deal for my group "Urban Legendz", and the first single "Stuntin" should get into circulation as far as radio & clubs, the middle of next month. By January we should really know where we're heading as far as the album. We're going to let that marinate until first qtr 08 and then album should drop in the spring of 08. Until then we hope to get on a nice touring ticket for the fall in the lower southeast. Our goal is to get picked up by an independent such as Koch in 08. Individually I'm trying to pitch my services to a few labels for a publishing deal. I think that if we have some success with our first two singles, I can get my foot in the door with somebody with some paper to spend.

T

TheMost

Im working on my first street record coming out in the spring. Ill have a about 10 songs that we will chose from along with a few others. Im going in the studio and learning how to mix. It has a few top cats from Montreal on the record as well.

Agent Smith

IllMuzik Junkie
ill o.g.
smash album 90% finished ... first q 08 release .. single(s) coming late nov or early december at the latest. Working on projects with cyserro, 40 flame and famous, tom gist, and possibly trife of theodre unit. Ive recieved interest from a few diffrent camps/areas and im kindof figuring out where to go from here. My aim right now is to "brand" my production sound and get a few emcees that really arent afraid to step out of their comfort zone and be unique and a little left but still hot and relevant. My main focus right now is the smash album. i feel its a milestone for me doing this album. Its left field but its still right if u get me. First thing after the smash album is released i plan starting a new album with me as an emcee and using some other producers beats as well as a few of ours. This album will go wayyyy left field but still be marketable as well. I wanna rap over some beats that other niggas wouldnt touch and show these industry niggas how to be creative and evolve with the music. I got some ill memebers in mind for that one I will holler at soon!

oh yeah relic i need to get at u . Stepchild might be the only guest rapper on the smash bros. album lol. For the final song on the album I think a stepchild verse would do it justice. Ill pm u.

yo ash, get at me for any leftness that you need.
www.myspace.com/johnsmith

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
got three joints set to be on a project a friend of mine is putting together. i have several other tracks being reviewed for projects. i'm still reachin out to emcees to see if they're accepting beat submissions and pushing my beat CD i made earlier this year. in the meantime, just tryin to find other sites and sources i can use to gain more online exposure and push my music more. also working on Beat CD #2 which i should have by the end of 07 start of 08.

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I have a number of things going on right now. I'm working on what's supposed to be a hip hop/backpacker-type instrumental EP, but I'm now giving thought to picking up the mic again for one or two tracks. Then there's my minimal techno, electro, ghettotech, and deep house stuff. The work progresses slowly 'cause I get bored with any given genre of music quickly and move on to one of the other projects until I get bored again.

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
A few of y'all know my deal, I've spent the last six months working on a golden age hip hop LP, it's got some fuckin incredible MC's on it, hoping to get it released for Spring 08.

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
I have a number of things going on right now. I'm working on what's supposed to be a hip hop/backpacker-type instrumental EP, but I'm now giving thought to picking up the mic again for one or two tracks. Then there's my minimal techno, electro, ghettotech, and deep house stuff. The work progresses slowly 'cause I get bored with any given genre of music quickly and move on to one of the other projects until I get bored again.

Ghettotech?

members online