What Improves a Beatmaker ?

Sup y'all , i got two questions . For a long time , i've been thinking Every profession has a practice , i mean for improving yourself as a youth footballer you exercise or for improving yourself , as a pianist you practice playing more .
I know experience is important , but what is a practice for beatmakers ?
As a life plan , Im Personally gonna learn playin piano and further instruments by myself , besides that i wanna study to in Oil category because Oil degree doesnt take a lot of time and it makes you rich , specially in iran , but nobody has a degree in it due to difficulty and peoples lack of knowledge about university degrees .
After i got my degree , im gonna work here for a while , until i save enough money for me and my family , then im gonna go to a europian or american country to study music , when i got my degree there im gonna start making music in a more serious level , like making pop , funk , jazz and ... , Then im gonna try to make some rap beatz , cuz it will kinda be like giving an exam of 7th grade books when you are studying in a university . After all of that , when i got all that i wanted , i will come back to Iran and start making music in it .

I guess its a good plan , because it will make me reach all of my dreams like being a rap producer , being a musician , getting rich and ... and it keeps all of my loves happy , my family will live a good life , i will help my country , my people will be proud of me and The ILLiens will be happier .
Is this a good plan ?
Sorry for bad language , thanks for reading .

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
@ArvinArmani composition and theory will help more than hinder a producer and depending on time constraints knowing at least no more than 1 instrument can help as other instrumentalists can (and should be) outsourced. Unless I'm wrong there is no real money in producing Hip Hop as this is not the super producer era of the late 90s to early 00s.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The best way is to just make beats, that's it. It's like as if you buy new hardware and software and sit there and read the whole manual. That's great but then it's time to actually use it, and experience is way better than theory.

Once you're making beats regularly, you'll be able to master your equipment and that's when you can try different things. Think of other ways you can do something to your drums or a different way to create a breakdown, etc.

@ArvinArmani , As Fade Stated...is by making beats daily. and try different genres..like Jazz cause to me that is the biggest influence in hip hop music, pop, edm bass& drum, R&B...i'm currently with a young lady who has that Miley Cyrus style. she is into pop & country but she wants some good beats behind her lyrics....you have to take on all projects. don't just be a hip hop producer...be a music producer PERIOD.

i got a problem , the thing is the formula of Progression cant be This , i mean just sit and play with a daw everyday and your skills will develop ? my problem is progress and practicing anything has an experimented formula in the new world , i got a good example for that ( true story ) : you know Brazil and Germany national football ( soccer ) teams right ? on 2014 World Cup these to teams had a match .

on one side Brazil had a country with football in the culture , for a Long amount of time most of the Brazilian population was financially poor , and most people played football A lot , football is kinda in their veins and they got expert in it by playing in the streets everyday since they were little just like their father and grandfather did .

on the other side Germany was a team with a system , in this team each player had a determined task , these players were gathered when they were 12 or 13 , learned and practiced each aspect of football in German academies and got used to the code of German football , practiced on a planned schedule and reached were Brazil reached .

the match ended by this score : Germany 7 - 1 Brazil . you may not know What a disaster that game was , but you are sure losing a game with 7 - 1 score Is Not a Good score At All ( losing presidential debate with 0 votes , or for American dudes , losing 7 - 1 is Really worse than what happened to Broncos on 2014 super bowl with Sea hawks ) .

so my point is Brazil kinda did the thing that you said and the systematic team won the match against them , what is that systematic practice in beatmaking ? this is why i don't like the traditional way that everybody introduces , The chance of being successful with a systematic way is Way more than the Traditional way , because a systematic way has an exacts formula that if Anybody do it in the right way , by a lot of chance he will be successful

thanks .

TjombaBeats

Mister Miyagi Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 151
Hmmm.. I would advise you to keep all projects from when you started untill now. I have beats from when i started thats about 13 years back. I first would just start a project mess around making a drum rythm not fade the drum samples. Try to make some cool sounds with piano's and stuff.

Eventually i would bounce a track you know and untill now i still have those tracks maybe not all the projects but just that bounce. I would compare it to the beats i make now and boi there is a difference.

See at first i would not use Automation on plug ins or i would not use the compressor wisely or i would use a reverb too much. See for yourself it's like you don't get better at making beats you don't hear your progression. But others most likely will notice it right away. It's when you hear a older track that you made and compare it to the latest track you made you will really notice a huge difference.

For me back in the days my tracks would clip. Drum samples would have pops on the end of the sample. Compressors would pretty much suck out the energy of kicks instead of giving energy. Reverb's where way off too wet or not noticeable at all. My tracks would not have heavy mixing into it and let says mastering did not know it existed. right now all those things like automation i use remove the pops let the kick samples fade out. use the compressor where it does justice not overdo the reverb but just use enough. I would use different bpms instead of standard 120. sometimes 90 sometimes 95 sometimes 80.

Just when you begin as producer or you want to create music make something and make sure you keep that part you first recorded and start comparing it with the recent. And also every sound pretty much needs different parameters of plug-ins or even different plug-ins. So you can't really say for each beat it's the same lay out of plug ins and parameters that you need to adjust.

Peace.

members online