What is the best Drummachine?

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
konceptG said:
First: CPU power has nothing to do with RAM. Upgrading the amount of memory you have will do ZERO for your CPU power. If you're at 25% usage with Reason open, the only way to make that any lower would be to get a faster processor.

Second - Use Battery/Battery2, and if you like analog drums, Waldorf Attack. Another drum source that most people don't really get into is Reaktor. You can also use FL Studio as a VST instrument from within Cubase or Sonar.

Alrite I'll say it once again.

I have NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER WITH CPU POWER.

I just tought it was unessesarely to have an entire music program just running drums

I just wanted to get you guys opinion on a good drum machine

A B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
Sanova said:
LOL. . . yea. . . cuz the lil indicator doesn't indicate CPU "Power" at all... it indicates CPU USAGE. . . as in memory. . .as in RAM. . .

also... i have a Pentium 4, and i experienced some problems of the same context in Sonar 6... do to my ram.. I have a 250gb SATA Harddrive at 7200 rpms as well. . . so...... yea..... its the ram[dotdotdot]

Lol i can't tell if your being sarcastic or agreeing.

But when i was talking about adding more ram i was talking about it in terms of increasing overall system performance, not as a means of increasing "cpu power".

edit: lol personally i think your fine with what you've got Andreas as long as you've got a good selection of sounds

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
A B said:
Lol i can't tell if your being sarcastic or agreeing.

But when i was talking about adding more ram i was talking about it in terms of increasing overall system performance, not as a means of increasing "cpu power".

edit: lol personally i think your fine with what you've got Andreas as long as you've got a good selection of sounds

LMAO... i get that alot. I was agreein wit u

Yea, i'd prefer to stay wit the redrum..

A B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Sanova said:
LMAO... i get that alot. I was agreein wit u

Yea, i'd prefer to stay wit the redrum..

Lol ah k

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Yeah the redrum is a fine piece of equipment. I'm gonna stick with it. I just wich it had a slidebar shuffle function like the FL. That rocks.
But the FL comes out to sharp I think. Redrum has a much warmer characteristic wich I like

A B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
andreas said:
Yeah the redrum is a fine piece of equipment. I'm gonna stick with it. I just wich it had a slidebar shuffle function like the FL. That rocks.
But the FL comes out to sharp I think. Redrum has a much warmer characteristic wich I like

I dont really use the shuffle myself is it worth using?

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
andreas said:

REason does have that. Just click the "shuffle" on the redrum, and in the lower right hand corner of the transport panel, there is a little knob that adjusts the shuffle, similar to the "slider" in fl

bluchippa5

Golden Ear
ill o.g.
andreas said:
CPU isn't really a problem for me. I have anough. I just wanted to know that's all. I really don't know alot about what to use.

BFD and FX pansion looks awesome. I've checked some out before. A bit expencive tho

I've seen Guru on sale on ebay for $100...Hope that's not too expensive for a seasoned vet such as yourself...

J

JMSoundzLTD

ya i stay with reason, and props 2 Nova i didn't know about the trans. button with the shuffle.