What kind of interface do you have?

Alesis iO26 that i got like 10 years ago for $450. 8 audio inputs all with phaNtom power. Midi in/out, RCA in, input/output volume balance (im too tired caNt think of the right word). Its been solid. It does restart itself and set the volume to max occasionally. There are newer versions im sure but its a solid product for a reasonable price.

NI Komplete Audio 6 mk2. Very good interface for what I need. For example:
- I can have my SP-404 connected to it for recording effects + at the same time have the main output to the monitors;
- Connect 2 headhphones (when the kid is sleeping and my wife wants to check what I am doing =))
- Phantom power
- Headphone amp powerful enough to get decent output in 250ohm headphones

It also ships with plenty of software from NI like Monark and Guitar Rig 5 Pro.

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166
I have a UA apollo twin but that's 2 inputs. Larger ones are expensive and they get cool when buying the also expensive UA plugins.
I recently got me a SSL2+ for the road. I am happy with it so far. Great preamps for the bucks, but again only 2 inputs.

Last edited:

AMG

God:Mind~Asiatic
ill o.g.
Behringer Xenyx 1204USB / Lexicon Lambda

AMG

God:Mind~Asiatic
ill o.g.
MOTU 828 mk3 Hybrid and 828 mk3 Firewire

Nice! Soundcraft is a good make.
To be honest I run the Focusrite Scarlett through it and dont use it for recording, have too many artifacts, its basically just a speaker controller and allows us to quickly plug in a phone for playback. Dont use it for recording at all. Have no issues with the scarlett 4i4 so use that. The only reason they bought a mixing board, against my advice, was just for the "look"

@2GooD Productions i started off with the focusrite aswell, but somehow it gave me weird cracks and clipping sound real fast,..somehow it doesnt work well with macbooks i think. swapped it for the Presonus and works perfect. I dont record anything tho (xcept midi ofcourse), just purely for better sound trough studio speakers
thats the same problem I have with the Soundcraft. So gave up on it, probably just driver settings, but I tried a few different settings but still had the problems. So just went back to what works with no issues.

members online